Are there any girls that look like or want to look like models?

Options

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Girls, i need new clothes! Everything is too big:(
    I started Strong Curves also :)
    How are you doing?

Woohoo @dubstepvideobody ! Strong Curves is amazing. Yea I had to go out and buy all new clothes.. mostly because my stuff, while it still looks great and fits.. is a little outdated and I wanted an update :)
  • dubstepvideobody
    dubstepvideobody Posts: 141 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @sardelsa great! How is your progress going? :)
    Did you go through strong curves or directly subscribed to get glutes?
    I changed my strategy a bit. I still do 5 times a week Tracy Anderson (sardelsa, if you dont know her and you are interested in great booty check her out!! I think supplementing strong curves with this frequent exercises would build some massive wow effect! :smiley:

I now eat at maintainance for my goal weight. I calculated the tdee for 5ft6 and 118 pounds (but maybe if I find myself good on 125 I will just focus on form) and 3 workouts a week cardio for 500 cals. If I do this I will need 1687 to maintain a day total. So I stick with this number forever. Every extra workout calories that I burn, I will eat back or save for special weekends.

Even though I have around 250 to 300 cals deficit I STILL loose..... 129 this morning.

So happy about it :D
  • sardelsa
    Options
    I started off with Strong Curves then moved on to Get Glutes. I have heard mixed reviews about TA... I don't know if it's true if she said it or not, but the whole thing about women getting bulky lifting heavy weights didn't sit well with me :p But I'm sure her workouts are great and fun to supplement with lifting.

My progress is going very well actually. I am still cutting a little bit and my definition is coming through nicely.. I am about 131.5lbs right now and I have never felt so lean, fit and curvy at this weight. I feel so much better this time around since I have built such a great muscle base so all my hard work is finally showing through.

Yea that sounds good.... I take it step by step.. everytime I reach one weight goal (usually in 2lb increments), I evaluate and decide if I want to go further or maintain.
  • plainpixxel
    plainpixxel Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    How are you doing?

I was about to write a post on this myself.
    I'm slimming down and need new clothes too.
    What is everyone's favorite brands or stores?
    I'm giving away a lot of clothes this weekend and I want to get nice new ones.

What's everyone's typical style?
    I usually go for minimalist, feminine, tomboy for my daily style.
    I love mini-dresses but without the deep v-neck. Idk what's wrong with me but I really hate deep necks.

What about everyone else?
    Where do you guys shop?
  • sardelsa
    Options
    How are you doing?

I love mini-dresses but without the deep v-neck. Idk what's wrong with me but I really hate deep necks.

Where do you guys shop?

When I'm not living in workout clothes (lol) I love a sexy/chic look.. so tighter fitting bodycon dresses, skirts and tops.. also wrap dress styles and colourful flowy shirts for day... I can't go too low cut since my chest is bigger and it's not a great look all the time.

I don't even know where to shop anymore, I used to shop at Bebe, BCBG but those places aren't in Canada anymore... I also like Guess/Marciano. Not sure if they have those stores everywhere. I think I am going to have to start shopping online (I am dreading that though because I am always between sizes so I have to try stuff on especially since I like it more form fitting).
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    How are you doing?

Where do you guys shop?

Do you want to buy work clothes or casual clothes?

I'm a lawyer and I just joined a pretty formal firm, so I'm wearing kind of conservative suits or dresses all the damned time. It's Friday and I'm not wearing blue jeans. This is BS. Ha! I have a lot of Ann Taylor, Brooks Brothers, and Banana Republic. Calvin Klein when I get out there, and they used to be one of my favorites, although honestly haven't had as much luck with their stuff lately. I like my clothes to FIT and I seem to be between sizes in CK, and their things have gotten "hippier" lately, so I have to size UP to get the waist right and then have the hip pooches tailored out. It's a pain.

Oooh, and I have been to White House/Black Market a few times recently and have never walked out empty-handed. Their style seems perfect - conservative enough for work but not stuffy.

I like the minimalist, simple style, too, with accessories. Yesterday, I wore a black pencil skirt with a tailored white button-down, but with red high heels. So simple, but I got a LOT of attention.

The rest of the time, I dress too young. I even KNOW that I dress too young, but I just don't like dressing my age. I like sexy, but not over-the-top sexy. I like tight jeans and short shorts and spaghetti strap tops in the summer. And I'm definitely a Texas girl so I will wear cowboy boots a lot. Even [or especially] with shorts (I know, I know, I'm FORTY.) Most of my jeans are Levi's. My tops come from all over the place.
  • VictoriaTuel
    VictoriaTuel Posts: 1,604 Member
    Options
    congrats @dubstepvideobody !! I hurt my leg, so I haven't been doing as much exercise lately, so I'm still in the low 130s, which I'm okay with, especially since I've been visiting a lot of people on the weekends, and we've been going out to eat a lot more than I normally do. That's also why I've been posting less because I've been doing less :/

@plainpixxel I live in workout clothes a lot (I'm currently in spandex and a tank top), but otherwise I like usually minimalist, feminine look. I have a high-waisted black skirt that ends mid to lower thigh that is one of my go-to pieces. I also love crop tops because my waist has always been small, and I feel that they really show it off. I also belt everything lol. I think a few statement pieces can make or break outfits, and belts are often that piece for me.

I really dislike cleavage or low-cut shirts on me too, so I tend to alter straps to be shorter so I can keep everything covered :D I really like a-line skirts - I have two floral ones which I think are super cute when I want to break out of my black+white+blue/red palate that I normally wear. I like longer lengths too, which is an issue because I'm 172 cm with a shorter torso (I have Petite shirts and Tall pants lol), so I normally want to add 4" to every dress I try on. I'll wear super tight clothes if I'm feeling it, but I also have looser clothes that I wear.

I think that where you buy things isn't necessarily as important as knowing the look you want and not settling. My favorite black skirt is from Target, and I just found a beautiful little black dress at St. Vinnie's (a secondhand store) in Michigan. I shop online at places with free returns, because being 90-64-99 (35.5-25-39) means that even if I go into stores, things usually don't fit and that gets frustrating. I like browsing Asos and Modcloth because they have casual to formal styles and you can find everything in one place. I've also ordered some things off Amazon which has worked out surprisingly well.
  • plainpixxel
    plainpixxel Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    @JeepHair77 You sound adorable. There is no such thing (in my mind) about dressing too young or old. I really hate it when people have that mindset. It's like they expect everyone who is older to be balancing checkbooks, fighting with their kids and drinking red wine alone every night. You do what you like and wear what you want. I picture you so cutely. I have this very specific image in my head what Texas is supposed to be like and you are hitting the nail on the head.

As for the type of clothing I want. I want a little of business and a little casual. I want to redo both parts of my wardrobe

@VictoriaTuel These are some great tips. I'm going to try amazon.
    And wow you have an amazing set of measurements. I'm so jealous even though you have issues getting the perfect fit.

For myself I'm pretty much a free people, urban outfitters, madwell type of shopper.
    I spend way too much money on clothes.
  • sophie9492015
    sophie9492015 Posts: 204 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm new here. Im 5'7 and usually happy at 65kg. Im currently 74 kg (about148lbs)
    Want to get back to my normal 130lbs.
    I think this might be a better group for me than others where people want to lose like 100lbs.
  • sophie9492015
    Options
    I want to get to 65 kg first then see if i can get a more model like body
  • dubstepvideobody
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm new here. Im 5'7 and usually happy at 65kg. Im currently 74 kg (about148lbs)
    I think this might be a better group for me than others where people want to lose like 100lbs.
    Hey welcome:P
    65 kg are 143 pounds. 74 kg are 163 pounds. 1 kg is not exactly 2 pounds :) For example I started at 145 and was 64 kg. I also live in Europe and pounds are very inconvenient to me but google helps.
    Tell us about your motivation! Whats your goal? Why? :wink:
  • dubstepvideobody
    edited July 2017
    Options
    As to style... I am a mix of conservative minimalistic and very feminine. I dont know exactly if the kind of dresses I like arw bodycon, more like italian-woman-feeling pencil dress or high waist pencil skirt. I rarely wear very romantic dresses, I love to express the stronger side of me. I do love tight clothes, but dont like it to overly show my curves. I also live in Germany and yeah, people are very coservative of what is elegant and what not. I mean mpre conservative than a lot of other nations. I like that somehow.

I like colours, but also nudes. I love business clothing. I love denim and not the one that is with holes (the very popular jeans right now). I hate rnb hip hop teeny swag style and 50 cent girls style although I find the curvy girls there very attractive. I hate Miley Cyrus style. I love Miranda Kerr. I hate fur cardigans, big accessoires, neon colours that are not for workout clothes, neon shoes, plastic accessoires and too mich gold on things.

I hate Guess :D I love Boss. I love most stylesof Olivia Palermo, but sometimes she also wears too much of the fur and broken denim styles.

I love wrap dresses. Nude luxury textils like silk, satine, very luxury looking cotton. Everything that has some gloss in it. I love leather jackets, hate leather pants.
    Hate this overall outfits hmmmm how is the word for them.... which you put on and are pants and top in one:D

I love also just plain T shirts. Or plain tops. I hate lot of text or any text or pictures on it.

I also dont like too deep necks, dont like my breasts tu burst out of a dress. :D

Hate crop tops (if this is the word for the catastrophal looking thing ending under the breasts) and high waist jeans combo. Some look really really bad on most people. Even on thin people. I love high waist pants and jeans combined with something else.

I love minimalistic jewellery. Very very smal accents if any. Hate golden or any other too agressive or big armclocks. 50 cent necklesses for example. :D
    I love thin rings. Really thin and many on different fingers.

I love Balenciaga.
    Hate everything Versace. Ok, the most. Perfumes or sunglasses are not mine at all.

Favourite perfumes: Chanel Eu vive, Davidoff cool water, Shiseido Ever bloom, Balenciaga everything, Boss almost everything, Tom Ford black orchid, Dahlia Divin Givenchy, DG Light blue but too mainstream. My all time favourite Womanity by Thierry Mugler.

• sardelsa
    Options

Hey Sophie! Not sure what you mean but if you want to have a more defined/toned body composition, start now while you are losing.. don't wait! Incorporating resistance training is the best thing I ever did while I lost weight.
  • sophie9492015
    Options
    Hey welcome:P
    65 kg are 143 pounds. 74 kg are 163 pounds. 1 kg is not exactly 2 pounds :) For example I started at 145 and was 64 kg. I also live in Europe and pounds are very inconvenient to me but google helps.
    Tell us about your motivation! Whats your goal? Why? :wink:

Ohhh no, I did know it wasn't exactly half but didnt really think about it! Hahahha. I must look so dumb but pounds seem so illogical to me !!

I just really want to get back to the weight I usually am 65kg. I felt good at that weight and right now i feel gross and can really see the difference.
  • sophie9492015
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

Hey Sophie! Not sure what you mean but if you want to have a more defined/toned body composition, start now while you are losing.. don't wait! Incorporating resistance training is the best thing I ever did while I lost weight.

Um, i really said model like because i spotted the theme. I would really just like to have a more toned body and size 8-10 (australian size) manican shape would be ideal.
    I will definitely look into resistance training now, thanks.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Hey gals, sorry I've been MIA, but my phone screen is messed up and I'm waiting on a replacement.

I'm so cheap that I buy most of my clothes at Ross. For those of you not in the US, it's a discount store that gets other stores leftovers. So sometimes you can find great deals. That's where I got that black dress for $20. I got an adorable BCBG $350 dress for $35. Lots of Calvin Klein dresses. I also really like H&M for dress shirts and blazers. They are so fitted.

I'm lucky in that my current job is very casual. We are a software company, so jean and t-shirts in the summer and sweaters and jeggings are my goto in winter. Sometimes I dress up, it just depends on how I feel that day. My first company required us to wear skirt suits with pantyhose EVERY DAY. Even when I worked as a chemist in the labs. So I have 10years worth of Petite Sophisticate suits sitting in my closet. Even though they are old, they are pretty classic and still in style. I have a black pant suit from Victoria's Secret that is my goto interview suit.

I tend to dress to accentuate my frame. Long flowing pants with high heels to make my legs look longer. Peplum tops to make me look like I have a waist. A line skirts to hide my thighs. Knowing how to dress for your particular frame makes all the difference.
  • VictoriaTuel
    Options
    I love h&m for blazers and the like too because they actually fit decently! The fact they they doing break the bank is an added bonus. I've found that a lot of the middle-range "nicer" clothes are often horribly vanity sized and have sized me out :( , and I don't have the money to buy actual brand name clothes, so I like Ross and Marshall's for good finds too @mom23mangos!

Now that I've mentioned it, I'm going to try to stop myself from ranting, but I get reeeeaaaally annoyed by vanity sizing - I'm not that small and know lots of people smaller than me, and I think it's ridiculous that I can walk into a straight-sized store and be too small for everything. When I was 150-160lbs I had a pair of size 4 shorts that fit perfectly, which is crazy because I store almost all my fat on my lower body (I'm not sure of my exact measurements at that time, but my hips were at least 106cm/42in). I end up having to alter so many of my clothes, and I don't understand why so many misses brands think waists can't be smaller than 66cm/26in. Even when there at smaller options sold, they're often not stocked well in stores, which is part of why I online shop a lot. All in all, this would be less annoying if size charts were at least accurate, but I've generally found that You can add about 5-10cm/2-4in to whatever is listed. :s *end rant*
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I totally feel you @VictoriaTuel. That was one of the only advantages I had gaining weight. It was much easier clothes shopping and I actually filled out stuff a little nicer. I used to want to open a clothing store that catered to small sizes, because most stores only stock one small size of each item and it's the first to go. I was so mad at Target because they started carrying jeans with sizes like mens..you know the actual waist size. BUT, it wasn't accurate!! Like, the size 24 was HUGE and at the time my waist was somewhere around 25in.
  • VictoriaTuel
    Options
    I gave up on Target's pants years ago they have so many issues for me @mom23mangos. I used to want to sell clothes with a base size of 0/2/4/6/8/etc. but then also a gradation based on how big your boobs were for shirts and butt was for bottoms. Dresses would have both. I do realize that's not the most feasible model for mass production (especially when it comes to dresses, the others could work), but I feel like something similar would be beneficial to so many people.
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I tried to add the OP as a friend but was denied :(

At any rate, YES, I would love to look like a model, especially a VS mdel... I know it's not feasible because I'm 45 and not pretty/photogenic enough, but a girl can always dream. I have a Pinterest board with inspiration from various articles about the VS angels and some other stuff too, and I love the idea of shooting to be the hottest version of yourself you can be!