Plant based log

Options

Replies

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Woooooohoooooo! You are knocking those pounds off your body! I especially find this awesome because I enjoy whole foods. I'm not entirely plant based, but I do eat a lot of fruits and veggies and I'm not afraid of potatoes or rice, whole grain breads, etc. Going entirely plant based is just something I can't get into, yet. But, I know the documentaries I've seen are spot on. If and when it comes, it'll just happen. I really love to see the foods you're eating as they're great for ideas. :-)
  • x3nomorph
    x3nomorph Posts: 174 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @wsandy8512 yes I have read your log, and you mention your daughter is vegetarian and you are familiar with the pant based doctors, you have a sweet character too encouraging all people :)

I do follow a restrictive plant based program from The TrueNorth Health, no flours, no salt ,oil or sugar. I'm not 100% compliant though, sometimes I'll eat some pasta or a wheat tortilla etc, but mostly is minimally processed whole plants, and yes is restrictive but the food is delicious and I cook very simple but you could get fancy with spices and things like that

here is the "hammer of the gods" Dr Alan Goldhamer, I love his style, he is a bit of an a.hole like I may be at times :D , but indeed he says the rate of weight loss is 3lb/male and 2 lb/female per week, of course like everything YMMV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFKw-tADy9s
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    "vegan propaganda"!! Love it! :D
  • x3nomorph
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    "vegan propaganda"!! Love it! :D

don't post in my thread ever again, you swimmer bring me bad luck, I just tried to get a swimming workout in but there were so many "floaters" in the damn pool that I though I was in a George Romero movie :D
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Hahahaha!
  • x3nomorph
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @minigrrl many thanks for the app tip <3

I installed libra and got in my data, looks like Aug 30 is game ova :D

rygmvygxv58o.png

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Please don't be offended but this conversation reminded me of a pic that I came across. I actually do believe that we should eat much less meat so this is just me trying to be a little funny. I do think those that eat little meat will suffer less from a lot of cancers and things like that.

bk89ak5smh6w.png
  • x3nomorph
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @blambo61 don't worry I don't easily get offended you can pretty much post or say whatever you want is cool with me, regarding that meme or picture. I personally don't think that a raw vegan diet is optimal for us humans you probably need some cooked foods in there, lots of raw vegans look aged, they have to eat pounds over pounds of food just to barely keep weight that takes a toll on your body long term, on the flip side the meat eating tv star could be shooting human grow hormone for all we know and have a failing health from her lifestyle

the reality is, when you look at the big picture, if you consume animal products you will pay the price sooner of later since they are disease promoting agents that is just the way the cookie crumbles, if you are lucky you die quick from a heart attack or something sudden like that but the scary thing is when you have to face terrible debilitating conditions for years or even decades before your time is up
  • minigrrll
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I remember that Gillian Mckeith woman- she was a bit of a whack-job who had a weight loss type show on U.K. tv back in the 2000s. I vaguely remember some scandal as she called herself Dr and didn't have a medical degree or a phd. Or it was some fake degree...

Pretty sure she wasn't vegan or vegetarian though - I remember fish... Could be wrong though. She always talked about poo - ugh. She always seemed super mean to the people on her show too.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Its not a fair comparison since they are two different people. Those who are strictly plant based do need to be careful to get proper nutrition. I'm sure a plant based diet is healthier like you stated. I'm not sure about consuming milk though but I do think read meat has risks.
  • x3nomorph
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @blambo61 agreed, people on plant based diets can run into nutritional deficiencies, is not ONLY the quality of what you eat but what you absorbe also there are some people that lack enzymes to convert certain precursors into substances needed for the body, now those are far and few in between for most people if you eat enough calories of whole plant food, you get already enough nutrition

on the dairy issue according to the info I'm familiar with, its actually much worse for your health than meat

I encourage you and everyone to watch the documentary What the Health to get the scoop of what this whole plant based diet thing is all about, if anyone don't have Netflix I believe there's a full version floating around in youtube, is a good watch and then you can decide if what they say is a bunch of bs or if they are onto something
  • minigrrll
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Its not a fair comparison since they are two different people. Those who are strictly plant based do need to be careful to get proper nutrition. I'm sure a plant based diet is healthier like you stated. I'm not sure about consuming milk though but I do think read meat has risks.

People also use Botox and get plastic surgery - these days it's very difficult to know what is from the "usual" aging process...
  • x3nomorph
    edited June 2017
    Options
    adding creatine monohydrate to my stack, some weight gain is expected from increased water in the muscle

I'll dose 2.5 grams/day instead of 5 so this tub should last me a while

uzq0ghuxizjm.jpg

• wsandy8512
    Options
    In case you're interested, I follow a gal on FB, rebel dietician. She's a raw food vegan, she cooks sometimes, but she is an absolute muscle machine and she doesn't supplement anything aside from B12. Sometimes she's a bit controversial when it comes to her political views, and a lot of jerks troll her page, but if you can drown out the side noise, she shares recipes sometimes. She has a website of the same name and has all kinds of great meal ideas, money saving tips, and even grocery lists.
  • x3nomorph
    Options
    just googled her, damn she's fine
    I'll check her site later, going to the gym now, thanks for the reference :)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    You're welcome :)
  • x3nomorph
    edited July 2017
    Options
    week 10 completed

getting ready to demolish this veggie burrito, I ordered it with double wrap tortilla and extra rice/ beans plus all the vegan options available, tofu included

ff8f6i05esiy.jpg

total cals: around 2000

tomorrow morning weighting in, is going to be interesting if I lost any weight or even gained since I'm expected to gain from 5 to 10 lbs of water weight with the introduction of creatine, how exciting :D

• wsandy8512
    Options
    Now that's one massive burrito! My husband loves creatine, but never retained 5-10 pounds of water using it before. Maybe it won't you either :)
  • minigrrll
    Options
    I'm dying here - want that burrito!!!
  • x3nomorph
    Options
    WK........ Weight.....Week Chg.....Total......To Reach Goal
    0.............238.6.................................................... 78.6 ....(started plant based diet) 03/06/17
    1.............237.4...............-1.2..........-1.2..............77.4
    2.............232.6...............-4.8..........-6.0..............72.6
    3.............229.0...............-3.6..........-9.6..............69.0
    4.............224.8...............-4.2..........-13.8............64.8
    5.............223.8...............-1.0..........-14.8............63.8
    6.............223.0...............-0.8..........-15.6............63.0
    7.............221.8.............. -1.2..........-16.8.......... 61.8 ....(started OMAD) 04/24/2017
    8.............218.4...............-3.4..........-20.2............58.4
    9............214.8...............-3.6...........-23.8............54.8
    10...........211.0...............-3.8..........-27.6...........51.0
    11...........208.2...............-2.8..........-30.4...........48.2
    12...........204.4...............-3.8..........-34.2...........44.4
    13...........201.6...............-2.8..........-36.0...........41.6
    14...........199.2...............-2.4..........-38.4...........39.2
    15...........197.0...............-2.2..........-40.6..........37.0
    16...........192.4...............-4.6..........-45.2..........32.4
    17...........193.2...............+0.8..........-44.4..........33.6

I'm excited to be gaining again and getting further away from my weight goal, happy times :D