Junk-Free July

Options
12346»

Replies

• Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Our company has come and gone. Joe and I are both exhausted and sore! We are not doing yoga today...I think we will be 2 days behind, but yesterday and the first half of today were one big long cleaning workout! Every room is dusted, mopped, wiped and sparkling and all of the laundry is washed and away. The back patio was swept, the lawn mowed, and the windows, washed. We need to have people over more often, our house is so much nicer all cleaned up.

We served tu-no salad and a big green salad with lemon tahini dressing to everyone. Mom, Joe & I had bean burger patties on sprouted grain toast with smoky burger sauce while the Meaties had a sliced meat bunwich. For dessert we had a pineapple, grape, strawberry and blueberry salad. My parents brought their dog along, so Ruby had a good day too, running around with her buddy, Blue.

• Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,952 Member
    Options
    Wow Carla... that's a TON of work. I invite people over sometimes just to force myself to make my house company ready lol. Sounds like a very nice day!

Spent most of the day in the office. Tooth feeling pretty good now. No twinges for quite a few hours. I didn't sleep well last night though. I clench my teeth sometimes when I sleep and that caused pain. I am going to bed early tonight.

B - oatmeal with a few drops of maple syrup and some oat milk
    L - mashed potatoes
    D -got home so late I will probably just saute some greens and be done... still hard to eat and can't chew on the side with the sore tooth and not that hungry
  • Carla_wfpb
    Options
    Karrie, no worries on the yoga, we are all on different days now, just jump in when you can. Most of them are around 10 minutes long. (a few feel like 30 min. though!)

My 2nd nut milk bag arrived yesterday. I think one of us accidentally threw out the last one. I spent a few days looking for it, but finally ordered another. Now that I've made my own almond milk, I don't think I'll be going back to store bought unless we're on vacation or something like that.

In other news, I tried using the tamper/plunger on the vitamix the other day without putting the lid on first. (It was early in the morning!) The tamper went down too far of course, with nothing to stop it, and voila, broken tamper and ruined food. Luckily Amazon had my back and the replacement arrived the next day and was only $15.

I'm thinking today will be a lax day, and we'll eat up our leftovers. Smoothie for breakfast yay! and bean patties, salad and maybe some steamed chard. I just got a steamer basket for the IP that keeps the leaves from escaping into the water below.

gccefkcpxvoc.jpg
  • Mihani
    Options
    Oh No Carla! Yay for Amazon quick delivery. I should try making my own oat milk and almond milk.

Karrie, I am starting over tomorrow on the yoga. Last week got so crazy I got behind and I sure hope anyway that this week is going to be better.

Fun day in Indy visiting family. All the driving makes for a long day, but my brother drove and we have a lot of fun together so it was good. My boy spent the day with my other brother and sis-in-law and he is worn out. He got to play with a couple of their neighbor dogs and chase squirrels out of the yard. He has been crashed in the middle of the hallway floor ever since we got home lol.

So not an ETL day. Not much vegan available to eat there and I was hungry on the way home, so...

B - oatmeal
    L - an ear of corn, green beans, some mashed potatoes my aunt pulled out before adding butter and milk, watermelon
    S - on the drive home, some chex mix and fritos :huh:

Was thinking I wanted to eat something when I got home, but really I'm not hungry so I think I'll just head to bed shortly. I have a couple things to finish for impatient clients this week so I am going to be more nose to grindstone than usual.
  • Carla_wfpb
    Options
    Glad you've had a couple of nice outings lately, Mihani. How long is the drive?

It's 7 am so it's at least an hour too early to call my Mom and see if they watched the Dr. Greger video. It is likely they didn't even bother going through with watching it, or turned it off after the first 5 minutes, but it's hard not to get my hopes up. Also, in retrospect, I perhaps should have chosen another one. This one has all of the facts, but he's giving the talk in front of a group at the McDougall center, so he's pretty much preaching to the choir and throwing in some humor to keep it interesting. (Vegan humor might not be their thing!)

I am really looking forward to my new cushy yoga mat arriving today!

Joe and I are finally ready for a bit of a break from the easy cycle of endless bean patties with salads. I'm going to make Kung Pao Lentils using the Vegan Richa recipe, omit the oil, and change out the hoisin and maple syrup for a medjool date or two. http://www.veganricha.com/2015/01/kung-pao-lentils.html

Today for breakfast I'm trying out some walnut milk. I was about to drop the almonds in water last night to soak, and I thought with all of the benefits of walnuts, why not try them instead? I purchased 3 lbs of them from Amazon and they came in resealable 1 lb bags. They are really good! They don't have the slightly bitter taste that walnuts normally do which makes me wonder if they are as healthy! They are organic, but they are a breed of walnut that is less bitter.

Breakfast - back to smoothies! the Nut Milk bag has it's own special place now, so I hope not to lose it again!
    Lunch -salad with tahini dressing. maybe beans just sprinkled on top and call it good.
    Snack - cherries
    Dinner - kung pao lentils
  • Carla_wfpb
    edited July 2017
    Options
    oh and it's that time again, we need a new thread title for tomorrow.
    Active in August?

edited because I forgot today is my weigh in day! Down 3.5 more lbs for the week!
  • Mihani
    Options
    Woohoo Carla! You have done great! What’s your total so far? I must go buy a battery for the scale this week so I can see how I did, but admit to quite a few slips the past couple weeks. My 6 week plans always seem to turn into 4 week plans lol.

It’s 3 to 3 1/2 hours each way, visit for 5 hours and add on 6 to 7 driving, long day. But my brother and I are good friends, we have such a good time together, lots of laughs on the drive.

So did you find out if your parents watched the video? Did your yoga mat arrive? How did your Kung Pao lentils turn out? That’s funny you figure if the walnuts aren’t bitter they must not be as healthy lol

Maybe we should do a yoga theme for August since everyone seems to be behind, and I personally am starting over tonight.

B – oatmeal
    L – subway veggie salad
    D – hummus quesadilla/wrap (whole wheat tortilla, homemade hummus, grilled peppers and onion, salsa)