Runners that need some nutritional accountability

Options

Replies

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,399 Member
    Options
    Oh @rheddmobile! I am so sorry about Prasong! I also love the name. These little animals just have a way of winding around our hearts so tightly. I hope his brother is some comfort for you and you for him 💔
    @quilteryoyo - The IRS is horrible and frustrating to deal with in the best of times. Is there a local IRS office (well within the state maybe) that could help? At least they maybe easier to get through to and could transfer you to whoever could address this issue.
    @swenson19d - I saw this this morning and thought of you - it is all about different food delivery services, what they consider the best ones. Hello Fresh is in there but there are many that I had never heard of and they give the basic cost.

Heading out for a long walk, no Hobbes. We decided to go ahead and take him to doggy day care. He really needs the outlet especially with agility class cancelled until some time in February. I think (hope) it is pretty safe as it is contactless to drop off and pickup and we can wipe him down before bringing him home.
  • swenson19d
    swenson19d Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile I am sorry to hear about Prasong. His poor brother. I feel for him. I hope he can be comforted with extra snuggles and a blanket that smells like Prasong. That's particularly heart breaking, its like my DD losing DS.

Our Bear doesn't seem to notice Goober is missing. I had two males that were litter mates and list them both within a year. One watched and sniffed as I buried his brother. He seemed to understand but quickly fell ill, he had a tumor on his tongue and I never knew until it was obstructive.

I didn't go to the appointments.
    Dh's insurance is a pain and I don't want to deal with it. When I had mine everything was covered and I could indulge all concerns. Besides how goofy does it sound to say "well this happened but now it stopped", what the heck is the doc gonna do about that? "ok, make another appointment if/when it happens again"

My house is a mess with cat/amazon boxes and paper wrappings...
    and classes begin Monday. I wanted to get things in order before class but I "need" a few things, an ottoman, the wall shelf to be delivered, the electrical outlet to be run, maybe a student desk, a big bean bag chair, just all the stuff. I have clinical, or on campus lab, or SIM lab this week too. No idea which or what day that will be... ugh thanks covid.

Covid
    I saw a blurb about how the vaccine can cause a mild case? if so, that means DH did give it to me and I may or may not have passed it to my PT.

Indian heritage quest
    I give up. I did come to realize that the Dawes roll is Oklahoma only. pfft. ding dong. My family is from Alabama so I need to access those rolls. So I reached out to a genealogist in Alabama to see if she does or will research it for me. Minimum is a $500 service package which gets me 10 hours of her time. yikes! I can waste 10 hours just trying to figure out where to look! Any way, perhaps it'll be fruitful.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Hey all.

First @quilteryoyo I'm thinking of you for tomorrow.

@swenson19 the vaccine does not give you covid. That's not how vaccines work. So no, you didn't get covid from your DH vaccine. People saying you can get covid from the vaccine are usually anti-vaxxers

I'm on day 14 today. Already planned all my food. I'm finding I'm leaning vegetarian atm because I'm trying to get more fibre in my diet. Just finding that interesting lol

Run this morning. Its hot and humid.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    swenson19d wrote: »
    @rheddmobile I am sorry to hear about Prasong. His poor brother. I feel for him. I hope he can be comforted with extra snuggles and a blanket that smells like Prasong. That's particularly heart breaking, its like my DD losing DS.

Our Bear doesn't seem to notice Goober is missing. I had two males that were litter mates and list them both within a year. One watched and sniffed as I buried his brother. He seemed to understand but quickly fell ill, he had a tumor on his tongue and I never knew until it was obstructive.

I didn't go to the appointments.
    Dh's insurance is a pain and I don't want to deal with it. When I had mine everything was covered and I could indulge all concerns. Besides how goofy does it sound to say "well this happened but now it stopped", what the heck is the doc gonna do about that? "ok, make another appointment if/when it happens again"

My house is a mess with cat/amazon boxes and paper wrappings...
    and classes begin Monday. I wanted to get things in order before class but I "need" a few things, an ottoman, the wall shelf to be delivered, the electrical outlet to be run, maybe a student desk, a big bean bag chair, just all the stuff. I have clinical, or on campus lab, or SIM lab this week too. No idea which or what day that will be... ugh thanks covid.

Covid
    I saw a blurb about how the vaccine can cause a mild case? if so, that means DH did give it to me and I may or may not have passed it to my PT.

Indian heritage quest
    I give up. I did come to realize that the Dawes roll is Oklahoma only. pfft. ding dong. My family is from Alabama so I need to access those rolls. So I reached out to a genealogist in Alabama to see if she does or will research it for me. Minimum is a $500 service package which gets me 10 hours of her time. yikes! I can waste 10 hours just trying to figure out where to look! Any way, perhaps it'll be fruitful.

You want me to take a poke at the genealogy? I do it as a hobby and have done support for Ancestry in the past. I don’t have access to Indian rolls I don’t think unless they have put them up recently but I can tell you if there’s any likelihood of it being worth your time. A lot of “my family had Indian blood” stories (including my family one) fall apart pretty quickly on closer examination, but not always. My half sibs had a Creek ancestor who turned out to be living on a reservation in 1800 something which led to my sister being enrolled.

If you’re interested message me and we can talk about the information you have.
  • shanaber
    Options
    Yeah @swenson19d - the vaccines, especially for Covid have no virus in them (they are mRNA) so can't cause even a mild case. That said they think you may still be able to have a small amount of Covid in your system after being after being vaccinated if you are exposed and that you might give it to someone else. It is pretty unlikely though because the amount of viral material would be so low that giving enough to someone else to make them sick or even test positive is unlikely.

@quilteryoyo - hope you are able to get some sleep tonight and everything goes well tomorrow starting with the snow staying away! We will be thinking of you!

I love genealogy and fortunately have relatives who have done so much work of my dad's side of the family and there are books written about the family history. There were many who thought we might also have a Native American ancestor because the family matriarch lived and worked among the Sioux in So Dakota. She also met and married her husband there and several of their children (including my grandfather) were born and raised there.

I got out for a really long walk today using the Peloton app for just a 'Fun' walk that ended up having power walking intervals and then decided to finish up with another 20 min Peloton Per walk, cause why not? I had my older pair of running shoes on and I think I need to retire them. I have worn a spot in insole and for the 2nd time rubbed a spot on the ball of my foot. This time I have a blister. I may try covering the spot with some moleskin or something similar though just cause I am not quite ready to toss them.

Food has been good... as usual need to eat more, especially earlier in the day. Also my weight is down 2lbs (yay!), now 3 to go to get back to where I was before the holidays!
  • swenson19d
    edited January 2021
    Options
    @rheddmobile yes! I’ll pm you with info when bear gets his sleepy corn chip self off of me. I found a site that is rather reliable with info and did email the Cherokee nation for help. No response yet. Thanks! I’ll gladly pay you for your time.

Message sent. Let me know if MFP thwarts it.
  • rheddmobile
    Options
    @rheddmobile yes! I’ll pm you with info when bear gets his sleepy corn chip self off of me. I found a site that is rather reliable with info and did email the Cherokee nation for help. No response yet. Thanks! I’ll gladly pay you for your time.

Nah I help total strangers who PM me on Ancestry for fun all the time, no need to pay me. I will do it back as far as my abilities allow until I get stuck. It’s fun, like solving a hard math problem.
  • swenson19d
    Options
    @shanaber You and @Avidkeo losing weight makes me think that 2021 might be shaping up! haha!

Thanks for the COVID info. I told dh about it and he also explained that it was not live or attenuated so he did not get it from the vaccine.

Native American.
    @shanaber that is interesting. I got to thinking, I bet just about all of us have roots traced back to Indian Territory. @rhedmobile The benefits are or can be substantial if you can get tribal membership. They have free health care. That's better than a sharp stick in the eye. You nut. lol! How about you let me send you $100 and you can buy running stuff!
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo. Thinking of you tonight and we will anxiously await to hear how it went. ❤️

@rheddmobile so sorry about your fur baby.

Yay @shanaber down some lbs!

Missed my lifting this am because I slept in after staying up too late watching stupid awful news. So tonight I did. 20 min TM walk.
  • swenson19d
    edited January 2021
    Options
    @rheddmobile I PM'd you back unsure if you received the first PM before the FR.
    "I strongly suspect lineage in Martin, Ozment-Harris or Price. Dannheim, and Hass are not found. Kutch is minimal but in the right location at the right time. I found some good info in the Guion Miller Index, just cant seem link it to a family like the Dawes to verify the find.
    https://www.familysearch.org username beheyb42 and password is Q255fjMb84HpBs2

Carrie (caroline) Eller Harris and Nellie Roena Martin sort of speak to me, but I cant seem to nail it down"

ei77ndsv89px.png
    6xfodk5dslyh.png
    xxa1e81ti1hk.png

I have record that Sarah Jane Dill is Sarah Jane Cheek, but cant verify that. I think I threw stuff away from my aunt. So that may be a population from MY Heritage that is not exceptionally reliable.
    ETA you can email me since MFP is wonky sometimes same as Alex's username here at gmail

@rheddmobile I may have found something.
    iiekgfqk2h51.png
    who knows if its traceable to the 5 tribes though. I do have indian heritage, its not much though
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,021 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to work on my ancestry on and off for a while. I may need some tips @rheddmobile and @shanaber .

This has been a really busy day, trying to get everything that HAD to be done, done. I think I am there. But, now it's only 2.5 hours before I need to get up and get in the shower - have to use the antibacterial body wash one more time. So, I won't be getting much sleep tonight. I figure that's okay, since I'll be "sleeping" most of the day tomorrow.

I am a nervous about it and about the weather. I think it will be okay getting there in the morning, but worry about my designated person (DP) getting back and forth. Saturday morning may be really slick again. This is why mom and dad wanted me to get it done in November - we tried.

My DP said he will update caring bridge, so you can get updates there before I feel like communicating myself.

I hope to "see" you all in a few days. Know that I really do cherish your friendship. You guys are awesome. Keep up the good work!
  • bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! TGIF.
    Positive thoughts for an excellent outcome for @quilteryoyo 's surgery today.

@rheddmobile sorry to hear about your kitty. Our lil pup had to be put down a year ago with kidney failure as well. She was down to 5 lbs from 14. Still trying to be happy but it was hard to watch her and I didn't want her suffering. I am interested in starting a little ancestry hobby. What do you recommend for a newbie?

@Avidkeo You are doing so well....so happy for you.

@shanaber I have been doing unstrict IF because it fits my workout schedule. First meal around midday. Second meal or snack around 3. Dinner at 7ish. Doing a semi dry January. I just need to start tracking meals and I am also going to focus on macros this time around because I am strength training. I have a long endurance cycle event this weekend....shooting for 175-200 miles. So I will start over on the food thing Monday.

@swenson19d Congrats on the Deans list smarty pants!!! Bear sounds so adorable and I am not a cat person haha.
    I used the Hello Fresh meals for a bout a month. It was fine but it was a lot of prep work....took me an hour to chop all the veggies. I am now trying Green Chef...Its more organic, a little less prep but still some chopping. Check it out. I can send you a free box...try and cancel when ever.

@ddmom0811 I agree about the alcohol thing. Our weekends crepts into Monday thru Sunday and we have used these uncertain times as the excuse. That has to stop. I am finally reading Younger Next Year for Women. Its basically one drink a day max for women but even that is not good for you they say. Who the heck is they anyway hahaha. I never have just one. So Dry Jan and trying to keep husband on it with me but he is struggling big time. I told him it takes 2-3 weeks to get over it and see the benefits. We got our Tread! I love it! So smooth under the feet. The screen is crazy big. I think I will be able to run again using it but I see the doc on Monday.

Have a great weekend all!
  • swenson19d
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Genealogy
    I paid for a subscription to Fold3 which has a lot of databases, although I am still figuring it out. Dh says I should keep working on it, and I got a reply back from the Cherokee HQ with advice stating that 95% of the Cherokee research is online and suggested the fold3 and Family search .org. Which I like so far. There is already an error in Alex's burial place record saying he was born in Canada. Which is kinda funny. He went through a phase wanting to be from there ( comedian influences), so I guess he kinda got his wish. Anyway if anyone wants my login to Fold3 just PM me, or email. I am taking a break from it today. I was up til 2am and had such a headache from looking at records.

New cat
    Dh proposed the Bear Buddy again. IDK. He is being a jerk lately. I think he misses Goober. He begs for food but wont eat it and is nuts rowdy and will chase me or run right up to me like I am supposed to run... hmm ya sorry buddy. Im a 50 yo human female. Not running from you. DH and i left it to perhaps we can address it this weekend. Bear was so focused on the outside birds that he "forgot" he was inside and there was glass between them. yikes, I hope he doesn't have brain damage now or do it again breaking the window and seriously hurting himself.

@rheddmobile I thought that Prasong's brother might do well with a stuffed animal that resembles Prasong? Bear likes his litter mate and Goober look alike.

Good vibes and prayers for you all day today @quilteryoyo . Hope the food is good and the care is excellent.

Computer
    I finally got around to calling India. My service support expired in November and DH poo pooed renewing it. SO now that I need it he suggested I renew it. duh... I showed him. Instead of the on time renewal at 50$/year I opted for 16/month plus the 50$ reconnect fee. I just wasn't going to dicker with Nikhal Ram this morning. Just do it bro, hook me up. I have to wait 24 hours to call the service dept and clear this update notice that is a pain.

That's my day. How's yours? Any good food?
  • shanaber
    Options
    @quilteryoyo - thinking of you all morning today and hoping the surgery went well!
    @Avidkeo - love you too!
    @bearly63 - I would recommend FamilySearch to start as it is free and fairly easy to use. It is associated with the large Mormon Church Genealogy Library and has so much information there. I found a great deal of information and many of the family tree connections were already there and I just had to associate/connect with them. I have also been in contact with relatives I didn't know I had who are on the platform and had added/updated information there. Some of the info that was there on my mom's family needed to be updated but I was able to provide information they didn't have previously. They also connect to census data as well as birth and death notices. I have found a few times the information was linked to Ancestry and you need a subscription to access it there. Dh had one for a while but didn't maintain it. The other thing I like with FamilySearch is they will email with things that have come up that are new or newly found.
    I am still having a small glass of wine with dinner but that is it. No refills, no second glasses.
    @swenson19d - I had to go over and help Hilde yesterday with her cat. She was convinced she had damaged its hearing by running her blender to make a smoothy. Lol-I asked how she could tell the cat couldn't hear and she said because she wouldn't respond. I asked if maybe the cat was just ignoring her like it always does 😂 She had the vet office come and get the cat (had no idea they would do this but Hilde is a good $$$ customer!) and they told her the cat has a cold and gave it antibiotics. I am not a fan of this particular vet and I am dubious that there is anything wrong with the cat.
    I like the idea of a look alike stuffed animal for @rheddmobile's other cat!
    Hope Beary's head is ok after the run in with the window! Also hope they can get your PC fixed!

I have been a slug all day. Just sitting here reading news and MFP all morning. I keep planning to go out for an early walk and workout but it Neve seems to happen. I think I may need a PC intervention - No email no news before 11am or before a workout or something like that.
    I did that long power walk yesterday and my legs were sore (good sore) last night but this morning my hamstring is complaining again. I am going to do some more research today on the specifics of calcific trochanteric bursitis and see if there is any relation to my hamstring.
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    I've had a very busy day at work, but it was a good day. Drove to the condo after work and having my first glass of wine since last Friday night. (or maybe Saturday). Had a nice Peloton ride and will run tomorrow.

@shanaber - yep, I've been addicted to news too. But I look at it as "this is history".

I don't know how to check on caring bridge for @quilteryoyo - if someone knows, share here or message me!
  • rheddmobile
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Genealogy
    I paid for a subscription to Fold3 which has a lot of databases, although I am still figuring it out. Dh says I should keep working on it, and I got a reply back from the Cherokee HQ with advice stating that 95% of the Cherokee research is online and suggested the fold3 and Family search .org. Which I like so far. There is already an error in Alex's burial place record saying he was born in Canada. Which is kinda funny. He went through a phase wanting to be from there ( comedian influences), so I guess he kinda got his wish. Anyway if anyone wants my login to Fold3 just PM me, or email. I am taking a break from it today. I was up til 2am and had such a headache from looking at records.

New cat
    Dh proposed the Bear Buddy again. IDK. He is being a jerk lately. I think he misses Goober. He begs for food but wont eat it and is nuts rowdy and will chase me or run right up to me like I am supposed to run... hmm ya sorry buddy. Im a 50 yo human female. Not running from you. DH and i left it to perhaps we can address it this weekend. Bear was so focused on the outside birds that he "forgot" he was inside and there was glass between them. yikes, I hope he doesn't have brain damage now or do it again breaking the window and seriously hurting himself.

@rheddmobile I thought that Prasong's brother might do well with a stuffed animal that resembles Prasong? Bear likes his litter mate and Goober look alike.

Good vibes and prayers for you all day today @quilteryoyo . Hope the food is good and the care is excellent.

Computer
    I finally got around to calling India. My service support expired in November and DH poo pooed renewing it. SO now that I need it he suggested I renew it. duh... I showed him. Instead of the on time renewal at 50$/year I opted for 16/month plus the 50$ reconnect fee. I just wasn't going to dicker with Nikhal Ram this morning. Just do it bro, hook me up. I have to wait 24 hours to call the service dept and clear this update notice that is a pain.

That's my day. How's yours? Any good food?
    Sorry not to get back to you sooner, today was my mom’s birthday so I spent it doing IT for her. Will take a closer look later.

Fold3 is awesome for military records, the subscription for it is included in the mid level Ancestry subscription which is probably the best best for a newbie since it has all the census records. And then familysearch for certain things, for example they have military pension records and a lot of microfilm of interesting stuff like wills. I would think that 1600 something is probably too early for an ancestor who would count towards enrollment - I don’t know what criteria the various tribes are using but most want at least 1/8 blood or someone more recent living as a tribal member, I believe. I know I read about some of the tribes getting away from the blood altogether and paying more attention to how your people historically had been counted. If you have eight great-grandparents who are all listed on the census as white people living in white neighborhoods, probably you aren’t Native.

My kitty has progressed to bugging the heck out of me - I think *I* am his comfort animal. Which is sweet but my leg is all covered in little poke marks from being kneaded. We are getting through this together!

Thinking of @quilteryoyo hope they update soon!
  • shanaber
    Options
    @ddmom0811 - I checked CaringBridge this afternoon and haven't seen anything new yet. I sure hope she is doing ok!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    So so tired. Nearly spat the dummy at a Dr last night who requested an urgent shoulder xray right as I was going home. He asked if I could do it, rather than call the on call person, and because I'm nice I said. Yes. Stayed late. It was for a possible dislocated shoulder - which is time sensitive. The longer you leave it (think hours) the harder it gets to reduce it. That's why I agreed.

Turned out the guy injured it Tuesday. It was Friday. I was so so angry. Got home, slept like a log though!

DH took the kids out today so I could have a nap, I slept nearly 3 hrs! Am back at work. Never ending cycle. I have 3 more shifts (including tonight)

Dinner however is so so tasty. Its incredibly basic, sautéed corn, peas, carrot, bacon, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds with spring onion and feta cheese. So so incredibly tasty.
    buuega3xbkjd.jpg

Day 15 of sticking to calorie goal streak! Woo hoo.
  • swenson19d
    edited January 2021
    Options
    @rheddmobile the genealogy quest isn't time sensitive and your doing me a favor. I'd expect you mom's birthday to take precedence and some good ol kitty comforting.

I concluded last night since it was so difficult to fine anyone that yes I am truly all-american cracker. Oh well. It was interesting and perhaps one day I'll have answers.

Eta auto correct errors. Not brain dumb
    And @Avidkeo dinner looks good!