Kat's OMAD journey

Options

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I agree with drinking lots of water and also you don't have to have a splurge day if you don't want to...You can do this :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    It's just a matter of making it a habit - if I only drank 1 bottle of water a day, I'd literally be miserable. You'd be shocked by how much drinking more water does for your energy levels, your skin, your digestion, your mood...the benefits are unending! :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    I probably drink about 100 oz of water a day. First thing in the morning I get a drink and I fill a big container at work about 3-4 times during the day. I couldn't get by without it either.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    katjustkat wrote: »
    Thank you Bob..." I just didn't want to do it": I get like that too, even though I don't have any reasons to not want to do it. Yes...I think the joy, reward and urgency slowly work they way further back in your brain and we tend to place less and less importance in anything we start with a passion. Then if we fail it just becomes overwhelming to re-initiate.
    I normally do great on OMAD and I always eat at five. But...somehow I can't make a single mistake or I give it all up...totally weird. That's why I never have a cheat day...I know I can't. I definitely feel more focused when I stick to OMAD. And...I truly feel great on it. If I eat outside my window I just want more and my brain seeks out whatever is in the house.
    Saturday I will get back on OMAD. I think I'll start weighing in every day and I hope that won't throw me off...as I am an imperfect perfectionist and I somehow don't accept regressions. grrrr thank you for your helping hands guys!
    That is me - can't make a single mistake or I give up - at least on all the other diets I've been on. Somehow that perfectionist mindset isn't as bad with OMAD. If I get hungry early I just consciously tell myself I'm having a longer eating window today and move on. Not sure why it's different - maybe the lack of deprivation when I do eat makes me not want to quit, whereas before I'm sure I was always subconsciously dying to go off the stupid diet so any excuse would be enough to quit.
  • blambo61
    edited September 2017
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    Thank you Bob..." I just didn't want to do it": I get like that too, even though I don't have any reasons to not want to do it. Yes...I think the joy, reward and urgency slowly work they way further back in your brain and we tend to place less and less importance in anything we start with a passion. Then if we fail it just becomes overwhelming to re-initiate.
    I normally do great on OMAD and I always eat at five. But...somehow I can't make a single mistake or I give it all up...totally weird. That's why I never have a cheat day...I know I can't. I definitely feel more focused when I stick to OMAD. And...I truly feel great on it. If I eat outside my window I just want more and my brain seeks out whatever is in the house.
    Saturday I will get back on OMAD. I think I'll start weighing in every day and I hope that won't throw me off...as I am an imperfect perfectionist and I somehow don't accept regressions. grrrr thank you for your helping hands guys!
    That is me - can't make a single mistake or I give up - at least on all the other diets I've been on. Somehow that perfectionist mindset isn't as bad with OMAD. If I get hungry early I just consciously tell myself I'm having a longer eating window today and move on. Not sure why it's different - maybe the lack of deprivation when I do eat makes me not want to quit, whereas before I'm sure I was always subconsciously dying to go off the stupid diet so any excuse would be enough to quit.

Something is always better than nothing. I've never tried the small frequent never getting full diets before because I knew they were a non-starter for me. I could see giving up on that. I think OMAD is different cause you get to be full. We may not always make it to the full fasting window but we can at least do our best each day. A 16:8 even (with a low carb lunch salad) is way better than throwing in the towel and eating un-restricted anything all day. After doing OMAD, a 16:8 or some thing less than OMAD seems so easy. I find it a little interesting on other sites where people talk about struggling to do a 16:8! Anyways I'm not advocating a 16:8, I'm advocating doing our best which we all can do and not look at this as all or nothing.
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    hihftw66khak.jpg
    Yes yes yes yes yes and yes..all of the above. I've tried probably every other 'diet' on the planet and I think none worked because of the restrictions and then ultimately no results. When my doc said I was insulin resistant I didn't understand the repercussions until I found out about the glucose factor and how it inhibits you from burning fat. Honestly, I was a gym rat for at least 25 years and wouldn't leave the gym till my heart rate monitor said I burned 1200 calories. I think it took me about two hours. I went to the gym 6 days a week.
    I love OMAD because I get to eat any food group that I want. My plates aren't overly full because honestly I don't like feeling stuffed. Lately I let the drinking water go ( I pretty much only like water except 1 black coffee in the morning and occasional Arizona zero green tea...not a soda person and...gasp...I hate wine lol) as I've NEVER had a thirst factor. But drinking lots of water does keep me full. When I get a hunger pain, I chug a couple gulps of water and boom the pain is gone. But, somehow when I get busy or stressed I don't make time to 'prepare' my water, to have it next to me, and hours will go by with nothing to drink. That in a nut shell is my downfall and road to failure. Today I'm going back to keeping a gallon jug next to me at all times...that's my goal today and get back on OMAD.
    We figured out the restaurant for the small family wedding reception we are having so that is great because I can do OMAD once again. Today I will start weighing everyday. I think it will help me and if it doesn't then I have to feel as Blambo is saying that I am doing my best by doing something and that something is OMAD as it is written. I could never succeed on the 16:8....wayyyyyy too much time and eating opportunities for this person.
    Sarah, I think our minds work exactly the same...minus the wine lol! I love eating anything I want on OMAD and that alone keeps me from feeling any kind of deprivation and I def don't feel like I'm on any kind of 'diet', so mentally my brain is happy. Why did I fall off this week? Stress and circumstances... not a deep desire to eat.
    Thank you everyone! OMAD strong again...phewwww :)
    Start weight: august 13: 202
    august 18: 197.5
    Todays weight: 191.9
    I'm 5'6
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    hihftw66khak.jpg
    Yes yes yes yes yes and yes..all of the above. I've tried probably every other 'diet' on the planet and I think none worked because of the restrictions and then ultimately no results. When my doc said I was insulin resistant I didn't understand the repercussions until I found out about the glucose factor and how it inhibits you from burning fat. Honestly, I was a gym rat for at least 25 years and wouldn't leave the gym till my heart rate monitor said I burned 1200 calories. I think it took me about two hours. I went to the gym 6 days a week.
    I love OMAD because I get to eat any food group that I want. My plates aren't overly full because honestly I don't like feeling stuffed. Lately I let the drinking water go ( I pretty much only like water except 1 black coffee in the morning and occasional Arizona zero green tea...not a soda person and...gasp...I hate wine lol) as I've NEVER had a thirst factor. But drinking lots of water does keep me full. When I get a hunger pain, I chug a couple gulps of water and boom the pain is gone. But, somehow when I get busy or stressed I don't make time to 'prepare' my water, to have it next to me, and hours will go by with nothing to drink. That in a nut shell is my downfall and road to failure. Today I'm going back to keeping a gallon jug next to me at all times...that's my goal today and get back on OMAD.
    We figured out the restaurant for the small family wedding reception we are having so that is great because I can do OMAD once again. Today I will start weighing everyday. I think it will help me and if it doesn't then I have to feel as Blambo is saying that I am doing my best by doing something and that something is OMAD as it is written. I could never succeed on the 16:8....wayyyyyy too much time and eating opportunities for this person.
    Sarah, I think our minds work exactly the same...minus the wine lol! I love eating anything I want on OMAD and that alone keeps me from feeling any kind of deprivation and I def don't feel like I'm on any kind of 'diet', so mentally my brain is happy. Why did I fall off this week? Stress and circumstances... not a deep desire to eat.
    I'm 5'6

You're getting there! It's a constant process, and you've got this!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Wow! You are doing awesome! Same height as me (and Steph too, I think, though she may have an extra half inch on us!).
  • katjustkat
    Options
    Thanxxx Steph and Sarah! I did great on Omad today...the water really helped. I got through half that gallon jug and had a cup of decaf green tea in the afternoon. Feel like I ate too much dinner...got through 3/4 of the greek salad and had a smallish bowl of lentil soup and...1/2 naan bread. Also forgot to add 3 small pieces of smoked salmon and I had 3 squares of ghirardelli chocolate raspberry squares...because I am gourmande. I never eat after dinner and I think it took me all of 28 minutes to eat everything up. my most challenging time is 3-5 pm and I eat at 5 on the dot. Hasta manana darlins' :)2dcs2ub5ch2x.jpg
  • blambo61
    Options
    hihftw66khak.jpg
    I'm 5'6

I think you are thinking right about things! I keep a water container by my side all day. I'ts a dark blue stainless steel thing and probably holds about 20 oz. I just sip it through the day and usually get through about 4 of them. You might consider getting yourself something like that.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Great progress, Kat!
    I also keep a jug of water with me at all times! I actually found a half gallon bottle at Target with a handle and everything! I drink 2-3 of those a day. It makes it super simple to get in lots of water, and the water definitely helps get me through the fast!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Agreed to all that!!!
  • katjustkat
    Options
    Thanxxx everyone :) I'm gonna try to find a half gallon jug like Britt spoke of because....I'm bad about filling something back up once it's empty. I think I can only handle 1/2 gallon of water a day :p I totally goofed up on the water again today and got hungry. Ran out of the house to run errands and forgot the water. It was raining so I didn't want to run into a convenience store. But...I didn't eat a thing till 5 so it worked out and I'll be more conscientious in the future. Was a lil tired and just ordered Chinese delivery for dinner. Had some sourpatch kids for dessert >:)
    weight: 191.9 Sept 23
    191.4 --Sept 24
    9ofzv9w2li1m.jpg

• minigrrll
    Options
    Sourpatch kids! I love me some sour gummy type candy...
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    LOVE Sour Patch!!! And they're vegan :smiley:
    And I got the bottle from Target! It's the Cool Gear brand:
    w9nuam3pahyt.jpg
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    That's a cute water bottle! Also, that chinese looks AMAZING - you picked exactly the things I would have picked! :p
  • katjustkat
    Options
    Oh thank you Britt for the picture of the water bottle. I'll go look for it at my Target or online. I love that it holds a lot!
    Sarah...yeah...those sourpatch kids were supposed to be for my kid...hope he never saw them in the drawer :#
    Steph...Yaaa my pick was the lemon shrimp and since the sesame chicken was my sons pick...I got two of my faves >:)
    No picture tonight...I got starving and ate at....gasp...4:30 lol...Had a bowl of chili with cheese, sour cream and onions...1/2 naan bread with olive oil and garlic, 6 frito scoops chips, 1/4 of a mango and a bite of avocado....ah ya...2 mini butterfingers...gotta stay out of 'my sons' lunch drawer :# Bad!
    weight: 191.9 Sept 23
    191.4 --Sept 24
    190.5--Sept 25
    challenge today? Stayed home all day and was way stressed from work. It rained all day and was a lil chilly so I didn't go out. Was ok till about 3:30 Plus...I get up at 6 am so the day is long.
    Hope everyone is well <3
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Another great loss..Keep up the good work -you've got this!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Awesome loss and your dinner sounds amazing!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Woohoo on the loss - way to go!