Replies

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Nice drop!
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Thank you all...so far the weighing in isn't bothering me...but it's a lil scary getting there every morning...
    Today I had a good walk with a friend that walks very fast. We use to walk together many years ago so it's good to pick it back up. I swear I just about jog to keep up with her. I'm not that slow a walker either; hubby asks me to slow down when I walk with him. So...I let my friend do all the talking so I can save my breath the breathe haha. 8 miles today. We're meeting up again tomorrow :)
    Tonite, we had eggplant parmesan and a spinach and hot bacon dressing. I had some mango for dessert.
    Challenge today: started getting hungry at 2:30. I don't get hungry when I stay upstairs but if I'm by the kitchen it's super tough.
    Start weight: august 13: 202
    august 18: 197.5
    weight: 191.9 Sept 23
    191.4 --Sept 24
    190.5--Sept 25
    190.2--Sept 26

2509op331l7g.jpg
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Wow! 8 miles is amazing - that's way more than I do in a whole day... I only do 2 3km walks outside (I walk the dogs in the morning and then I walk Darcy at night!). Plus the treadmill desk while I'm on calls/meetings.

You weight is dropping nice and steadily... Great stuff!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    Wow! 8 miles is amazing - that's way more than I do in a whole day... I only do 2 3km walks outside (I walk the dogs in the morning and then I walk Darcy at night!). Plus the treadmill desk while I'm on calls/meetings.

I agree, 8 miles is super!!!

I love that you walk Darcy at night :D
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Good progress babe! You'll be out of the 190's before you know it!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Isn't it wonderful walking with other people??? I wish I still had a walking buddy. 8 miles is great! Go you!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »

I agree, 8 miles is super!!!

I love that you walk Darcy at night :D

I have to - otherwise he'd get ZERO exercise!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Isn't it wonderful walking with other people??? I wish I still had a walking buddy. 8 miles is great! Go you!

I listen to audio books and podcasts when I'm walking by myself. Makes the time fly (and also motivates me to get out there...)

You should walk your fiancé!!
  • katjustkat
    Options
    Thank you all...one day at a time...Yes, I love walking alone also with no electronics also because then I can easily figure out dilemmas I'm faced with. Also, when I do want music... my son loaded my music with techno music ( a lot of beat) that really makes me step it up.
    Today, I made a big pot of 'pot pie' filling. Thought it would be simple but I used all fresh veggies so there was a lot of prep work. But...it turned out really good so I guess it was worth it in yum factor. I just used puff pastry for the crust. So I had a potpie, small salad, a corn muffin and a klondike bar for dessert >:) Was hungry again today and not so coincidentally, I lacked big time in the drinking dept because of a lot of running around. Tomorrow I'll be out with my daughter all day soooo we'll see where that leads us. Hope everyone had a great day.
    191.4 --Sept 24
    190.5--Sept 25
    190.2--Sept 26
    190.4--Sept 27
    First pic is the pot of pie filling...5epbvv4pkuap.jpg
    e0sgemmzvi1t.jpg

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Very nice walk!
  • minigrrll
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Oh that looks so very yummy - I might have to try making something along those lines but vegetarian... Too lazy to make a crust too - could just have it on rice or salad or something...
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    good looking meal
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    @katjustkat oh a homemade pot pie, that sounds and looks delicious.

I nearly always run with music, and I've got it loaded with about half techno/EDM music (love the beats) and the other half with my favorite hits from the 70's and 80's.
    When I run early Sunday mornings I go without the headphones for an hour or so too. It's so peaceful and relaxing to listen to nature before the day begins and those sounds get drowned out.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    That looks delicious!!! I'm an 80' girl all the way and it really keeps me going :)
  • katjustkat
    Options
    Sarah...you know the frozen puff pastry is really good and all you gotta do is lay it on top of something and bake. You def don't the chicken in the 'chicken' pot pie. haha
    Thanks everyone! Brenda and Jim ...yep I love the 70's and 80's also and I really like Adelle also. My son also put stuff like the Rocky theme song on my ipod...haha it def helps. Jim...I'll ask him about the techno he put on...it's really good...I think he has a couple Swedish groups or something along those lines...but really good to keep you moving...Cool that you like that too.
    So yesterday I fell off...I shared chick fillet meal with my daughter and then we stopped at jason's deli and shared a really big potato (at least half remained) and we each had a salad bar. Then out again today and we shared a tuna sandwich then I came home and made dinner.
    I may not check in till after the 10th because I'm super busy running around for next Saturday's wedding. It's gonna be super small but it's still super special so...I'm going with the flow when I'm out running around with other people. Just feel too stressed with any rules. So...if you don't see me on here...I'll def be back on about the 11th. I'll try to stay OMAD when I'm home, but I know I've got too many engagements with people out of town.
    Hugggggsss and ya all be good o:)
    Tonight's dinner; salmon, rice, corn, kale salad.
    191.4 --Sept 24
    190.5--Sept 25
    190.2--Sept 26
    190.4--Sept 27
    190.01--Sept 28
    190.06--Sept 29
    syibwz7j728w.jpg
  • minigrrll
    Options
    The puff pastry is a great idea. I'm not much of a pastry person myself, but Darcy would love that!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Good luck with the wedding!
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Can see your toes in the photo. :D
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    jvcinv wrote: »
    Can see your toes in the photo. :D

:D
  • brittdee88
    Options
    LOL, Jim! I didn't even notice that until you said it!