Kat's OMAD journey

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I used to use a tsp of coconut oil to get me to the end of a fast. It worked really well. I haven't done that for a long time though.
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    wow that meal looks wonderful........that bread! (drools ) mmmm I know what you mean about coffee,...my husband has the same issue....
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Just a lil update. I am trying to rid myself of eating simple carbs and sugar. I'm eating clean and it's been 5 days. I was having too many cravings throughout the day when I got myself back on OMAD...it made it maddeningly hard. When I feel 100% in control I'll be starting again... but a clean OMAD. Eating anything I wanted for my one meal worked perfectly for me till I had the break...then it was hard as I would go through the fasting hours 100% feeling fine and then in a matter of seconds having huge hunger pangs. Blood sugar was out of whack. Love that everyone is doing grrrrreat. I'm still reading and know that OMAD is a fantastic way to eat and give the body the rest it needs between meals. <3
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    sounds like your really intune with your body, Kat! Good plan! Only you know your body and how you feel and what works. =)
  • katjustkat
    Ok...starting over...day 1 was great. Was out of the house all day so that's easiest for me. Gotta stay on OMAD...it's really the only thing that works for me. Fingers crossed for day 2. :|
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Good luck!!!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Good to see ya again!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Welcome back Kat! You can do it.
  • katjustkat
    Thank you so much Brenda, Sammy & Tracey :) I had a good 2nd day. Started to get hungry around 3 pm and I like my meal at 5pm. Went over and watched a couple of Joe's videos on You tube. That got me to 4:15 So that got me through to the time to make dinner. Made salmon, tzatziki sauce, rice, and salad. Had a pear for dessert. db5r9oys6sf2.jpg
    I'm going to keep my diary super simple...just log my OMAD meal and daily struggles if I have any. Hope everyone had a fantastic day <3
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Welcome back!
  • katjustkat
    Thank you Sarah <3 It was hard to get back...I kept trying and somehow I couldn't do it. No clue why. Today was pretty easy hungerwize... 2 cups of black coffee and I should have had more water but it worked out just fine. I went to the grocery store to pick up dinner items at 3 pm and that seems to really save my bacon as that's when I get hungry. Somehow the food at the grocery store didn't call me either. I made chicken pot pies and had a small slice of apple pie with a scoop of ice cream. That's the first pie I have ever bought on a non holiday...haha. Feeling full and satisfied right now and ready for the next 24 hours. 1st picture is the pot pie filling, then the individual pie then my pie and ice cream :) Hope everyone had a wonderful day. OMAD is zeeeee best!
    re2b06c2m3d3.jpg
    kjy1nmevuwpy.jpg
    yea80esivodm.jpg
  • katjustkat
    edited December 2017
    Day 4 went really well. I'm surprised because it was soooo hard to get myself back in the groove for so long. Dinner tonight was a bbq turkey burger (super good) on a ciabatta roll, baked beans and coleslaw. Had a lil apple ie and ice cream again >:) Hope everyone had a great day...keep on a truckin' :)s8tw9vc7f805.jpg
  • katjustkat
    edited December 2017
    Adding these insulin resistant articles as a reminder to myself:
    https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/14-ways-to-lower-insulin
    https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/15-ways-to-lower-blood-sugar#section6
    https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/insulin-and-insulin-resistance#section2
    Try to incorporate apple cider vinegar, soluble fiber, omega 3 oil, cinnamon, magnesium. Keep walking, reduce stress, be conscience in reducing sugar and drink plenty of water.
    some low sugar desserts:
    http://www.diabeticlivingonline.com/diabetic-recipes/dessert/low-calorie-desserts
    ***I don't have diabetes but....I want to prevent from getting it and yet enjoy some desserts.
  • minigrrll
    I read a scary article about insulin resistance and Alzheimer's yesterday - some researchers are apparently calling it Type 3 Diabetes...
  • katjustkat
    edited December 2017
    minigrrll wrote: »
    I read a scary article about insulin resistance and Alzheimer's yesterday - some researchers are apparently calling it Type 3 Diabetes...
    Ooooo that is scary! I remember you talking about turmeric a while back. I'm trying to incorporate daily two cups of hot water with 1 tsp of turmeric, ginger and cinnamon. It tasted pretty good. I added 1 stevia packet but probably that's not necessary. It turned out a lil muddy looking (pic below) but it was very pleasant to taste. I hope the spices don't interfere with my 23 hour fasts as I'm drinking the concoction outside my 1 hour window. Please let me know if anyone knows.

95jna0d5ei8w.jpg

Today was day 5 and....I had absolutely no problems with hunger. No pic tonight of my dinner because we cleaned out the frig of leftovers...mainly chicken pot pie again. Threw out the apple pie so most sugar I'll have going forward is some fruit for dessert....welllllll....up until Christmas day >:)
    ***Also....hubby's friend had a heart attack a few months back. He has always been skinny but put on weight in the belly the last ten years or so. Hubby talked to him yesterday and he said he lost 40 pounds. That got me thinking...why do we wait till something awful happens and then scramble to make things right. Kind of gave me a mental push towards fixing what's wrong before the damage comes to a head....
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    That is sadly true, that it does take some life changing event to fix ourselves for the better. The reality is that most of us have to be propelled into changing out lives, routines, so on and so forth.
  • minigrrll
    Great about the turmeric! I think as long as you don’t become hungry right after you have it you are ok and it’s not affecting your fast....
  • katjustkat
    Pretty good day today. I made it till my 5pm mange-mange time, but got hungry at 2 and kinda had 'uh oh' thoughts....but I had my second cup of cinnamon, ginger & turmeric and...it did the trick. Next thing I knew it was 3:30 and close enough to dinner to not get deterred :) Definitely stress auto triggers hunger in me. Had a chicken caesar salad, 2 potato skins, 1/2 pear and 1/2 mango...pretty stuffed right now. Hope everyone had a successful, hunger free day B)rq8ibqp7r27k.jpg
  • katjustkat
    Another good day today. Went to the mall with my daughter at around 11am. Shopped till dinner time and we went to Jason's deli. I had the salad bar and shared a plain Jane (huge potato) with my daughter. Sure is a million times easier for me when I'm out of the house! Picture is after I took about 5 bites. Hope everyone is healthy and happpppppy :)j826vrcjm6lx.jpg
  • katjustkat
    Had a good day. Got crazy hungry around 1pm and almost couldn't bear it then took a bunch of gulps of water and then I was ok. Forgot to take a picture of my dinner. It was a turkey rueben and a kale salad....then...I got into some mini charleston chews....arghhhhh...all within my one hour but I really don't want to be eating junky candy. Hopefully it doesn't derail me tomorrow. I'm stressing because no one will give me a clue as to what I can get them for Christmas....I wander the mall and end up empty handed. Thinking of taking my two adult kids to the mall on Saturday and giving them a gift card and saying...you got an hour to spend this and if you don't then you gotta give me back the balance on the card. Threats...haha...tis the season...hope everyone is challenge free :)