Daily check in

Options

Replies

• intotennis
    intotennis Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    The Challenge:

Each day at check in, plz tell us the following:

1) What type of exercise you did & how did it go.
    2) How was your nutrition for the day, good and or not so good.
    3) Make a positive comment to the previous post of yours.

Each time you check in, give yourself one point for each of the following:

Checking in = 1, Logging nutrition = 1, Doing a workout = 1, Making a positive post to a peer = 1.

Keep a running tally at the bottom of you post, example: Daily 4 - Weekly 8 (if your on the 2nd week, etc.).

At the end of the week, who ever has the most points will be crowed King or Queen for the day and have the honor of knowing you kicked butt!
  • kbranch75
    kbranch75 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
  • intotennis
    Options
    Shawna – You had an exceptional day, so keep rocking it! (and thank you)

Jperdomo – Your body deserved a rest day, great job on listening to your body!

MommaBeare – Do not be so hard on yourself! You walked the dogs and that is moving!
    Somedays we will have a killer workout and some days we wont. Do your best and forget the rest!

Hotmamma – What can I say, you’re a hot mamma, keep kicking butt!

Lschreiber – You’re eating healthy making good choices and exercising, sounds like your doing great to me!

Kbranch – you are usually very consistent, we all will have days that aren’t perfect but, you didn’t eat that pizza and you worked out, Keep pushing it!
  • kbranch75
    Options
    Importance of eating fruits and vegetables

http://time.com/4920832/fruit-vegetables-legumes-servings/
  • kathyNKCSD
    kathyNKCSD Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Enjoyed playing tennis today morning and evening but I need to work on getting in some other types of exercise. Did good today on calorie intake although I'm not sure that I'm recording the right amounts in my log. I am not very good at measuring like 1 cup vs 1 1/2 cups.
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Check-in

Nutrition:
    Calorie (20% deficit goal range: 1171/1188) - 945
    Macro (goal range: 99/119c, 44/47f, 87/93p) – 92c/33f/76p
    Water (goal min: 68/80 oz) - 59.5
    Overall better day.

Fitness:
    5/3/1, Cycle 5, Week 3 - Bench Day
    Steps - 4862
    Gym replaced the half squat rack with a new squat cage. It's great for safety, at least now I don't need spotter, but overall dimensions are small, it's going to be interesting. Really nice new layout but not enough maneuvering space around the equipment, hopefully they'll fine tune the it...

@kathyNKCSD welcome to the group!
    @kbranch75, when I was more careful with logging I used to budget my calories/macros to include pizza on Fridays. So totally understand!
    @lschreiber78 welcome to the group!
    @hotmammatotwogirls great to see you again!
  • crazychicken2017
    crazychicken2017 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Found an article on late night eating. The part about sleep and hormones was particularly interesting: http://www.chatelaine.com/health/diet/late-night-snacking-has-side-effects-for-hormones-and-health/
  • avoid150
    avoid150 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! Yesterday I didn't feel so hot but kept it together . If you don't eat enough one day you seem to drag the next. Today I feel great-went to gym: ab machines, planks , leg press, dips and 50 minutes sweating on the stationary bike. Looking outside at the dark clouds coming but hope to play 18 holes of golf in an hour. Eating clean so far-toughest time for me is late afternoon which is yet to come. Thank you all for the motivation and the leadership intotennis:)
  • MommaBeare
    MommaBeare Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    @hotmammatotwogirls: started 3 days ago with the group.

I did ketogenics back in January for almost 2 months and dropped 22 pounds. I had huge results and my body also doesn't like a lot of carbs (mine were doing something to my insulin, forgot the terminology), which hurt me when I realized it because I could easily be a vegetarian. After doing it back in January, it was awesome and I loved seeing changes, so I kinda forgot about carbs and got used to "good fats" . I mean my fat bombs are bacon grease, coconut oil, bacon, ghee, garlic, and cream cheese.
    I probably won't get the results I did back then because my work outs are very low key, I had open heart surgery 7 weeks ago, so my run is about the speed of a kid on a tricycle lol
    My favorite part, I do not like to count calories, it's depressing :) No calorie counting, you just have to make sure your fat is higher than anything and carbs are less than 30 (I shoot for 25).
  • intotennis
    Options
    Check in – Day 4

Tennis drills for 1 ½ hrs & completed P90X3 CVX, cardio with wieghts, tough workout.
    Nutriontion: Started off great but, made the mistake of not taking snacks while out and about so by the time I got home I was starving and ate what I could get my hands on! Tried an apple but, that didn’t cut it so made some bad choices. Did better with dinner and had a spinage salad. So my day will end in the books as good.

Day 4 – weekly 15

Kbranch – Thanks for sharing!

KathyNK – you’re moving and grooving but verity is the spice of life. A trick I use; your palm is equal to 1 cup. Hope that helps! Keep on swinging!

Giusa – Ecellent day & great to see you too! smiley:

Crazychicken – love the name, lol Thanks for the article

Avoid – Exceptional day and for seeing you need to fuel that beautiful body to keep it strong! Afternoon is hard time for me too! Strong and steady!

Mommabeare – You are a warrior and a inspiration! You’ll do fantastic but, don’t over do it! Listen to your mamma, lol (me) ;)

Keep pushing forward ladies, you're doing great!!!!
  • jperdomo79
    jperdomo79 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Check In Day 4

Workout: PIYO Core- ouch!
    Nutrition: Under calories
    Water: must increase not hitting my daily goal -ugh

@hotmamatotwogirls: thanks I'm trying.
  • kbranch75
    Options
    Thanks for everyone sharing their struggles and also posting articles. I find that having food prepared really helps, to include chicken or some other protein. Is a pain, but it's something to turn to when super hungry or take with when in a hurry. I'm constantly cutting fruit and veggies and sautéing chicken or turkey and make enough for 3-4 days at a time. I've listened to myself and figured out that when I'm hungry, I'm hungry for bad choices, but if I make good choices, the only thing I really wanted was to feel full.

Peeps are kicking butt out there. Just do what you can. Anything is better than nothing.

D4, W16
  • susannachtigall
    Options
    I didn't get a chance to exercise last couple of days but ate good. Today I ate very good and got in 90 minutes at a tennis lesson and then 30 minutes on treadmill.
  • MommaBeare
    Options
    DAY 4 (I typed mine up and forget to hit enter, closed my tab=lost all ) so here I go again.

walked the dogs, walk/ran to the gym, set a goal of .50 miles without stopping on treadmill, Legs on the machine: press, curl, extension, seated, inner/outer thigh. Tried 2 arms: incline press and tridips.
    Walk/ran home which was horrible because it was so hot by then and running into the wind.

WAY TO GO Susan! You tennis beast. Bam, I'll catch up to you running one day.
    Yesterday was 7 weeks post open heart surgery, so still keeping it low.
    Ketogenics is still rolling. I try to do my menus the night before.
    Bam and pizza, me and wine. MY GOSH! I wanted some wine tonight soooooo bad... but no alcohol on Keto.. so at a fat bomb lmao
    GOOD JOB ALL
    Points for today 3
  • shawna_25
    shawna_25 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Woo, @MommaBeare You absolutely killed it at the gym, and to/from it. Amazing!

Day 4:
    2 hour walk this morning. 15 min run on treadmill this evening, with 15 mins using weight machines. Ate very well, stayed within calorie goal, zero junk food, not even one craving oddly. 6 cups of water. Hit 20,000 steps again.

Daily=4, Weekly=must check previous days, too sleepy to do so now.
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Thursday Check-in
    Nutrition:
    Calorie (20% deficit goal range: 1171/1188) - 1349
    Macro (goal range: 99/119c, 44/47f, 87/93p) – 112c/67f/80p
    Water (goal min: 68/80 oz) - forgot to track...
    Went over calories but macros are better.
    Fitness:
    5/3/1, Cycle 5, Week 3 - DeadLift Day
    Failed on my last set, would have been a PR too. Right now, with this injury, can't push myself. I'll get it next time!
    Steps - 4178+++, after charging forgot to put it back on so not accurate, it would have been such a good step day too.

Today's Check-in
    Nutrition:
    Fridays are the days I use up the balance of my budgeted calories. I'll need to get back into the swing of it.
    Fitness:
    5/3/1, Cycle 5, Week 3 - OverHead Press Day
    Better than I thought, never thought I would reach #40 again. Not my PR but I'm getting there. Half way done this cycle, might try another program after this...

@shawna_25 - wow, WTG, you rocked it!
    @MommaBeare - you're doing great!
    @jperdomo79 - look at you, under calories! I'm struggling with water too.
    @kbranch75 - food prep really helps. sometimes when i'm feel hungry it's actually dehydration.
    @susannachtigall - it's all a balance. great job keeping active and intake!
    @intotennis - YOU are doing awesome girl!!!!

Have a great weekend everyone, see you on Monday!
  • jorange88
    jorange88 Posts: 36 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Missed yesterday's check-in so here e go:
    Thursday was another successful day. Did 30 min of cardio and 30 min of HIIT. Even though cravings for junk food where at a all time high I didn't give in.
    @giusa Good job reaching 40.
  • MommaBeare
    Options
    DAY 5: CHECK IN:

Walked the dog, did yard work, cleaned up the house, and am about to go do some shavasana. I love doing it to clear my head and get some good breathing in. I still can't get my spirometer to max :(
    I stuck to my menu so far and am getting nervous because football season is about to open and I can't do football without beer...... SOS! So what are the odds of finding a low carb, gluten free beer LMAOOOOOOO I need willpower.

@shawn_25 I wish you could see what I considered walk run to the gym, you'd giggle with me. The gym is .60 miles down the road LOL I wish I could say it was 3 miles :) I have to count light posts because I am just learning how to 'breath' since I never had full capacity of my lungs, it's all new to me. 4 light posts and I'm about to pass out

You guys are very inspirational and going at it.
    @glusa my son tried to get me to do the macro, but I kept messing it up and just went to kept.
    @avoid150 sure miss playing golf with hubby and meeting that drink cart for my Bloody Mary's :) Give me a few more months, and some cooler weather.

• hotmammatotwogirls
    Options
    Thursday Check In
    Workout: legs/abs
    Nutrition: stayed on Calorie goal of 1600
    Reached my water goal
    Way to go everyone !!! Love reading all the posts on here .
    Thanks Sheri for putting together this group.

Friday Check In
    Workout Arms/Cardio
    Nutrition was good today, I made a big pot of Chili for dinner. So good !!!
    Reached my water goal
    Happy September Everyone !!! What's everyone's goal for the month.
    I'm going to try and lose 4 pounds. My ultimate goal is to lose 30 pounds by March 1st.

Have a great weekend :)
  • kbranch75
    Options
    Checking in too. I did NOT want to work out today. I tried to tell myself I need a break but I went anyway. I did 30 min hard elliptical and 10 min on stair machine. This morning I walked my dog 1.75mi. I gave into pizza, but it was Papa Murphy's thin crust garlic chicken and only had 1.5pcs. So not bad and I got it out of my system and I can control the portion, I think. I filled up on a little chicken, water and a whole tomato with balsamic vinegar before I ate pizza.

I love to read everyone's workouts. HIIT, yard work, cardio, strength, walking... it all counts. Thanks to the group for inspiring me.

D4, W20