Daily check in

Options

Replies

• intotennis
    intotennis Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Check in – Day 5

Completed P90X3 isometrix, kind of like yoga on steroids, lol I did my best and I’ll forget the rest. After my workout I went to the driving range and worked on hitting the little ball better!
    Nutrition – Good day

Jperdome – PIYO Core sounds like an ouch, keep kicking it! You’re doing wonderful!

SusanN – We can’t always get in a full exercise day but, eating healthy is awesome! A friend of mine told me about this app, called “7 minute” workout so, maybe next time you find your short on time, try that. wink:

Mommabeare – Exceptional workout but, don’t over do it post surgery. I’m a wino too and it can be really hard so good for you to hold strong! (maybe O’doles?)

Shawna – Super day all around, no cravings is awesome!

Giusa – You are a “steady eddy”, great day(s) Keep kicking butt!

Jorange – You should be proud of yourself, I believe your 1st few post talked about caving into junk food, excellent job for not caving in, High Five!!!!

Hotmamma – Excellent days , are you doing a program or just your own routine? I loved that you’ve set goals, such a great idea. I will complete P90X3 as scheduled and eat as clean as I can.

Kbranch - It must of been the day, I had to push myself too on my workout. You got your workout done, you ate good so there is nothing wrong with having a treat once in awhile and kept your portion in control, so good for you!

Keep Pushing Forward ladies, you’re doing awesome!!!!

Day 4 – weekly 19
  • kbranch75
    kbranch75 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sheri for the awesome recap and positive words
  • jperdomo79
    jperdomo79 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Check In Day 5

Workout: treadmill on 15% :-)
    Nutrition: under calories
    Water: yes! Reached 1/2 body weight in ounces

@giusa: the struggle is real with water- nice to know I'm not the only one. Nice PR on the Weights- I love lifting but haven't tried going to heavy.

@jorange88: way to go and stay the course! You got this!

@Hotmamamaaotwogirls: you rock! Way 2go

@Kbranch75: I've been there many times, getting up early and convincing myself to workout but all I keep reminding myself is that if it was EASY than everyone would do it and I do it anyways! Awesome job!

@Intotennis; thank you! You started this and because of you we are all " PUSHING FORWARD" you got this! Can't stop now :-)
  • shawna_25
    shawna_25 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Wow, can't believe it's day 5 already. Congrats to everyone who survived the workweek!!
    Besides work (which is pretty physical), all I did was go for a 2-hour walk after my shift. Oh yeah, I also bought a new ab wheel which I tested out but I wouldn't consider that a work-out. I'll give it a real go tomorrow. Stayed within my calorie budget and drank a bit over 8 cups of water. Hit 18,000 steps as well.
    My goal is to fit into my winter clothes when winter approaches. I really don't want to buy an entire new wardrobe :(

@MommaBeare hey, we all have to start somewhere! And running .6 miles still tires me out lol. Glad to hear your pushing on through while learning to "breathe" again.

@jperdomo79 congrats on reaching your water goal! It's crazy how tough that can be.
  • intotennis
    Options
    Check in – Day 6

Completed P90X3 Agility X – Lot’s of jumping which is was very hard to get this big butt up in the air, lol I did my best. Going to play golf later this morning so great day!

Nutrition: Today is my treat (meal) day so I will still log and watch my portions.

Jperdomo - Thank you!!! It’s because of “YOU”!! I posted I was going to do P90X3 and you asked if I was doing a challenge. My first thought, NO! But, then I realized I needed the push, so thank you!

Shawna – You are killing it, you’re moving, eating & hydrating, that’s all you need! Keep up the great work and you might just have to buy a new wardrobe anyway, the winter one might be to big wink:

Keep Pushing Forward Ladies, you're doing awesome!!!!
  • kbranch75
    Options
    Hi everyone. It was so muggy outside this morning but somehow I put that aside and jogged 5.18 mi without stopping then when I got home I took my dog for a walk, and vacuumed the whole house. I took a trip to Costco and snacked. After I calculated the snacks I wish I was more picky. That's why my food diary looks crazy for lunch. I completed my diary and was under but I think I need to drink more water since that's why we feel hungry sometimes. I could still eat more now. To lemon water it is.

Tomorrow I have tennis practice and need to focus on better choices. Food that is voluminous and have quality calories. My fat macros are always maxed out or over and all of my others macros are under. I need to work on that.

Shawna and Ms. intotennis among others are who I need to model myself after. So hard.

D4, W24
  • MommaBeare
    MommaBeare Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Check in - Day 6
    I was sore from the yard work, so decided to shave my dogs, clip, bath (more pain), and then clean house.
    Tomorrow is gym day with the old man, don't usually like going with him because he runs like you Bam (forever) and then does hours of weights... I get so bored and constantly say you done you done... (if it were the close gym, I'd walk home, but the close gym is closed on the weekends)
    YOU GUYS ROCK! Weekend is here and stay STRONG, don't give in!!!!
    I'd say have a fat bomb, but you guys are doing calories based menus and I'm doing a fat based menu... DRINK YOUR WATER!!!!

@jperdomo79 YOU are rocking it!

Guilty confession: I had a stare down with this pretty bottle of red wine.. it was saying OPEN ME OPEN ME.... but I gave it the 3rd finger and walked away :wink:
  • kathyNKCSD
    kathyNKCSD Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a bad workout day (as in NONE). Boooo! But calorie intake was alright except that when you don't exercise all calories go in and none go out is not a good scenario. Today I was in front of the tube watching US Open way too much but finally dragged my butt to the fitness center and got on the treadmill. Why doesn't treadmill show up on the exercise database??? Also did some leg machines. So all in all today was definitely better than yesterday but I will have a better week coming up! My calorie intake has been alright but I really notice that I am always over goal on the sodium portion. I need to find better choices.
  • kbranch75
    Options
    Kathy, it's a tennis Saturday so don't worry about it. U still got yourself to the fitness center. That's more than half of the battle.

Bam
  • intotennis
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Update on my check in of Day 6

Workout was great, P90X3 and Golfing 18 holes but, I did something I NEVER do, I was playing so badly that when the drink cart came around, I had a rum and coke, actually started playing better but, I don’t recommend my bad choice. I did treat myself to some coconut vodka after dinner (shouldn't have had becuz of the rum). Food choices were good and I was under calories. Now it’s back to eating clean!!!!

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
    Kbranch – You are a rock star, or should I say “QUEEN!” for the day!!!! You have checked in daily, kicked butt with moving and grooving and have offered support and advise plus, shared some great articles. Keep up the awesome job!!!

Mommabeare – You’re sore so you shave the dog, what’d he do, lol JK That still sounds like hard work, I had a 6 lb Yorkie and it would take me 2 hrs to do all that. Guilty confession??? That’s an awesome accomplishment and should be shouted out loud!!! Super strong to walk away from the wine, keep kicking butt!

kathyNK – Ditto on what kbranch said; We will all have days when we just don’t get it done but, what’s important is if you've had a bad day (or meal) pick up on the next one and do better, which you did! I think you’re doing awesome!

Don’t forget about the tally points, please note them at the end of your check in.

We’ll start fresh today!

The Challenge:

Each day at check in, plz tell us the following:

1) What type of exercise you did & how did it go.
    2) How was your nutrition for the day, good and or not so good.
    3) Make a positive comment to the previous post of yours.

Each time you check in, give yourself one point for each of the following:

Checking in = 1, Logging nutrition = 1, Doing a workout = 1, Making a positive post to a peer = 1.

Keep a running tally at the bottom of you post, example: Daily 4 - Weekly 8 (if your on the 2nd week, etc.).

At the end of the week, who ever has the most points will be crowed King or Queen for the day and have the honor of knowing you kicked butt!
  • jorange88
    jorange88 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Its so awesome everyone is encouraging everyone. I feel the love.
    My workouts have been amazing. The Only part i lack I is making better food choices. This is a new week to get it right.
  • kbranch75
    Options
    Article on subcutaneous fat (fat you can pinch)

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/319236.php
  • intotennis
    Options

Just in case you missed it!!! :)

Kbranch – You are a rock star, or should I say “QUEEN!” for the day!!!! You have checked in daily, kicked butt with moving and grooving and have offered support and advise plus, shared some great articles. Keep up the awesome job!!!

We’ll start fresh today!

The Challenge:

Each day at check in, plz tell us the following:

1) What type of exercise you did & how did it go.
    2) How was your nutrition for the day, good and or not so good.
    3) Make a positive comment to the previous post of yours.

Each time you check in, give yourself one point for each of the following:

Checking in = 1, Logging nutrition = 1, Doing a workout = 1, Making a positive post to a peer = 1.

Keep a running tally at the bottom of you post, example: Daily 4 - Weekly 8 (if your on the 2nd week, etc.).

At the end of the week, who ever has the most points will be crowed King or Queen for the day and have the honor of knowing you kicked butt!
  • intotennis
    Options
    Check in – Day 7

Rest day - killed it! Watched tennis most of the day but, I did go to the driving range for an hour and practice hitting a little white ball.
    Nutrtion: ok day, under calories but will work on eating clearner.

Jorange – Nutrition is one of the hardest parts with getting healthy. Take one meal/day at a time. You’ll get it!

Day 4 – weekly 4
  • kbranch75
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Today I took the doggie for a walk, played doubles tennis for 2 hours and watched tennis all day long. I eat well and cooked all of my own food. Grilled marinated chicken, brown rice, beets, broccoli, peanut butter, low carb bread and tortilla, protein shake and some walnuts. I like to eat a little of everything so I consume a variety of nutrients from fresh food. I don't eat packaged food other than some obvious foods like bread, my low carb tortillas, yogurt or sweets (oops)regularly.

Tomorrow is a total rest day. I have a major tennis match coming up!

Thanks for the crown for a day. o:)o:)

Thanks to everyone who shares their triumphs and their tough days too.

Here's to another week, let's make the most of it because we can and once it passed by we cannot get it back!

D4, W4
    (week #2)

• kathyNKCSD
    kathyNKCSD Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    All I got in today was 45 minutes of exercises at home like sit-ups, crunches, leg work. Nutrition went well today even with going out for breakfast. Best part was my sodium intake was down which was what I needed to work on. First week has to be the hardest getting into routines of working out and eating properly so looking forward to this second week.
    Way to go kbranch- our Queen for Week 1 and thanks for the fat article!
    jorange - keep having awesome workouts. I also struggle with nutritious eating but we will get better at it.
    intotennis - you did great inspiring this past week so hats off to you.

daily 3, weekly 3
  • MommaBeare
    MommaBeare Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Check In Day 7 Sunday ( I think we're on day 7)?

I messed up any points, so will do better next week.

Stayed on track of my menu. I plan it the night before, make sure things are made, and on hand. I'm not craving anything, must be the minimum salt, no sugar, and few carbs. I even watched hubby chow on cheese puffs and eat an ice cream bar and didn't even blink an eye (now had he been drinking some wine, I might not have been so strong).

****** I ACTUALLY DROVE TODAY***** WOW! Husband wanted to stay at the gym longer, so he talked me into driving to the gym, since I haven't driven since JUNE. I drove the whole 1.5 miles to the big gym on base :)

I did upper body and treadmill, pride took a kick with the size of the weights, but I want to go slow and be smart.

I think INTO and Kbranch ROCK on encouragements and checking in. Tomorrow started week 2. How long does this challenge go for?

WEEK TWO! Drink your water and keep moving forward. <3 Night buddies
  • kbranch75
    Options
    100 weight loss tips. Don't be overwhelmed. Just try to incorporate what works for you, one positive change or tweak at a time.

https://www.popsugar.com/fitness/100-Weight-Loss-Tips-35729586
  • hotmammatotwogirls
    Options
    1.Check In Day 7
    2.Workout Today was Shoulders/Legs and I'm counting mowing the lawn too .
    3.Nutrition : well wasn't great, but it's a new day tomorrow . I was feeling a little discouraged today so treated myself to a cheat meal /drinks.
    4.Kbranch congrats on being Queen for the day :)
    Sheri hope you enjoyed your rest day !!
    Momabeare sounds like you had a great workout today, WTG..
    Have a great week everyone !!
    4 points
  • crazychicken2017
    crazychicken2017 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Checking in. Last week wasn't half bad. My workouts happened. My calorie intake decent. Kind of went off the rails yesterday eating too much cherry berry crisp. That meant no real dinner. Lost a pound so the scale says. This week want to keep it up. Best to all of you. You're inspiring me!