Daily check in

Options

Replies

• shawna_25
    shawna_25 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to our queen, @kbranch75 !!!

@crazychicken2017 one pound down you're on the right path! Keep it up!

Going forward, I won't be checking in on weekends because my life gets way too hectic between housework, motherhood, actual work, keeping active, and socializing. I guess I'll never be queen! Haha!

Day 6: (My day to eat whatever I wanted) Turned out quite well. I ended up frying some food in oil but I logged it ALL, and I stayed within my calorie goal after hitting the gym and getting in 22,000 steps. I joined a weekend step challenge with my Fitbit friends, so I dragged myself out after dinner to get in more steps. Did not reach my water goal though, not even close...oops.

Day 7: Ate very, very well. Doubled my water goal!! Woke up early in the a.m and walked EVERYWHERE (except to work, its too far). I got in 40,000 steps (an all-time record for me). Ended up winning the weekend step challenge! Yay me!

Keep up the great work everyone!
  • jorange88
    jorange88 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    @shawna_25 Wow 40,000 steps thats amazing.

Today was good, i was under my calorie goal. Which is a good start to a new week. Got in at least 30 min of cardio.
  • intotennis
    intotennis Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Check in – Day 8 Monday

Played tennis doubles for 2 hrs and completed P90X3 – Accelerator, did better then last week so happy with that.
    Nutrition – good day, way under calorie so will have a snack later.

Kbranch – You’re food choices are inspiring, sounds so yummy! Get plenty of rest and kick butt in that tennis match!!! :p

KathyNK – 45 mins of exerciser is great! Super job on getting your sodium level down too! (Thank you, it’s easy to encouraging, you all are doing awesome!)

Hotmamma – Great consistency on your workouts . We all slip with nutrition but, don’t look at as a “cheat” look at it as a “treat” your working hard an deserve something special once in a while.

Crazychicken – ½ bad is good in my book! You’re making changes and it showed in the scale, keep pushing forward!

Shawna – 40,000 steps is amazing! Looks like you’re in the groove with everything so, you’re a Queen in my book!!! You’ll get the water too, Strong and Steady!

Jorange – As you said – Great start to the week, keep kicking it!!!

Day 4 – week 8
  • kbranch75
    kbranch75 Posts: 80 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hi all. I was over on calories today, by about 350 above my goal. I walked the dog for 30 min today is all. Today was my treat meal and sort of rest day. I had a grilled chicken sandwich, a half order of small fries, a bit of an Italian beef sandwich, a small cannoli and a few other sweet bites, but nothing crazy. I went to Portillos. Not having a marginal working has me over.

Since exercise is part of my lifestyle this week, I hope to make up for it by the weekend. But food is my nemesis and will be following my every move.

After reading posts throughout the day I need to lace up my shoes! Very inspirational folks! Busting it out terrifically ladies. Maybe I'll go for a walk when it cools off tonight. Check back later! Since it's Labor Day my gym (Mountainside) says it is a day off from working out! They closed early too. What's a girl to do? I'm getting mixed messages!

D2, W8
    (Week #2)
  • kathyNKCSD
    kathyNKCSD Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My nutrition and calorie intake is good today. Below my calorie goal by enough that I could treat myself to a little ice cream tonight. I do want to weigh in tomorrow morning though so might have to think twice about that treat. Played a couple of hours of some awesome tennis this morning and did my stretching and calisthenics this afternoon while watching the Open.
    MommaBeare - congrats on getting behind the wheel again. Great will power on the snacks too. Sounds like you are being very smart on your workouts and staying healthy.
    kbranch - thanks for the weight loss tips, I'll pick out a few to try. Where is the closest Portillo's? I love their beef sandwiches. Always go there when I am in Chicago.
    hotmama - of course mowing lawn is a workout. When I did it back in Iowa I would sweat my butt off.
    crazychicken - way to lose a pound. I'm hoping to see a good number on the scale tomorrow too.
    shawna - congrats on your two achievements, all-time step record and your water consumption. Keep it up.
    jorange - way to stay under those calories. Tomorrow will be just as good.
    intotennis - sounds like Accelerator went well today. Way to be strong.
  • MommaBeare
    MommaBeare Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    DAY 8 Monday 9/4

Friend passed me a recipe for a new pizza crust. It's kept friendly with no carbs or just 1 carb, great for celiac, so it's gluten free, and the reviews are crazy good. I think I will try it for lunch tomorrow. Chicken, egg, parmesan cheese.... We'll see how it goes.

KathyNk thanks for the encouragement, it's a snail's pace, but being smart. At least you thought about the treat and didn't just dive in ;)

CrazyChicken, not going to lie, that berry crisp sounded awesome and I vicariously lived through you in eating it.

Jorange: let's make this week awesome <3 great job on calories.

KB/Into just keep rocking it and KB those runs your post about make me exhausted reading them. Into lmaooo at the drink cart lmaoooo

Week2day1 points 3
  • kbranch75
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Thanks ladies. I want some berry crisp now too.
    Update... I put on my shoes and took a 2 mile walk this evening. All of these tennis posts I felt inadequate with my burn today!

Hotmomma, jorange, Kathy, Schreiber, Mommabeare, crazy chicken, Naomi, and shawna are powering though nicely. Sheri killing it and showing us how it's done.

Now, back to food, Portillos is on Shea and the 101 on the east side of town. Kinda far. There's a decent Italian beef sandwich place here in Surprise off Grand Ave and Reems called Little Sicily Pizza.
  • lschreiber78
    lschreiber78 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love having this group to feel accountable to. Today wanted play tennis , but couldn't find a way so I did elliptical, Pilates video and bike ride the store with my daughter. changed meal for dinner vegetable, shrimp chicken meal... i even didn't take any rice. I've been drinking more water too. Yesterday wasn't very good, no exercise, didn't eat great, but back on the horse today! Looking forward to a great week! Thanks sharing all your ups downs!.
  • avoid150
    avoid150 Posts: 6 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Well, I live in South Florida so it is a little manic around here right now. I am making good food choices and getting ready to take a big walk but I hope I can maintain positive choices for the next few days-wish me luck! Thank you all for posting and keeping me inspired-keep up the good work!!
  • lschreiber78
    Options
    Good job! Little by little!!!
  • jperdomo79
    jperdomo79 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Checking In Day 8:

Sorry team! Went off the radar for a bit- it's REALLY hard with 4 boys but I still managed to get the workouts in and eat under calorie- just couldn't post about it!

Workout: Barre Class- I seriously love this class...
    nutrition: stayed under calories
    Water: 1/2 the body weight

@kbranch75 : Thank you for keeping us all motivated!

@intotennis : you are a rockstar
  • MommaBeare
    MommaBeare Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Check In Week 2 Day 2

I didn't do any kind of exercise, was helping with a project, so light day.

@avoid150 be safe, you have some major issues about to happen, please keep in touch!
    @jperdomo79 ok, we'll totally understand, I think there should be a mom of 4 boys calories scale!!! I love barre classes too, used to do them in Va. beach.

I drank my water because that's all I drink nonstop like I'm dying of thirst. My menu was on, but didn't feel like making anything so I grabbed a protein shake (which is a no no on the ketogenics because it's high protein 20g and has agave)... so I might take myself out of ketosis, so skipped dinner (was full).

Tomorrow, back in the game! 8 weeks post OHS. I'll have to hit the gym hard, I have a landmark weight number I need to bust!
    @lschreiber78 good to see you girl friend! I see you're working it.

PT 6 I am going to dethrone queen KB and QUEEN Into ;)
  • jorange88
    jorange88 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I did 30 min of aerobics and 30 min of cardio.
    Way understand my calorie budget. Taking it day by day.
  • kbranch75
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Good evening challenge group. As usual walked my dog first thing in the morning, then played singles tennis tonight. I didn't play as long as I wanted to because my opponent really handed it to me. She finished me off in less than an hour. But that's cool. I asked her if she wanted to keep practicing so I could burn a few more. As for food, I was doing really good until I came home tonight at 8pm. Wish I ate a little less and could have, but I was under. Tomorrow I hope to do really well all the way around.

I'm looking to retain my crown but I feel the heat from mommabeare. So I really need to be diligent.

JPerdomo with the 4 boys, that sounds like everyday is cardio. Just the thought of it I think I burned 300 calories.

I need to really pay attention to the food thing. I read that half way through your meal you ought to drink a glass of water. I'll try this tomorrow.

Crazy chicken, Naomi, Kathy are super consistent as are others. Jorange good job on knocking out some cardio too.

Let's make tomorrow count. Let's also think about Florida and TX tomorrow.

Good night all.

D4, W12
    (Week#2)
  • lschreiber78
    Options
    jperdomo79 wrote: »
    Checking In Day 8:

Sorry team! Went off the radar for a bit- it's REALLY hard with 4 boys but I still managed to get the workouts in and eat under calorie- just couldn't post about it!

jperdomo79 wrote: »
    Checking In Day 8:

• Naomisds
    Naomisds Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    OK, so I'm doing my daily check in for the first time. Other than yesterday when I let myself enjoy the holiday, I've been doing pretty well with food (still came in under calories goal due to playing singles tennis in the morning). I've also been doing well on exercise, but need to take it a bit easy for a few days due to a sore heel. I might have to take up bike riding for a non-impact exercise. Great job so far, everyone, and keep up the good work!
  • kathyNKCSD
    kathyNKCSD Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Calorie went was under today but not the greatest food choices. I have to work on more fruit and veggies. Water is usually good but I really like jperdomo's goal of drinking 1/2 your body weight in ounces (right?). Got in a doubles tennis match tonight for a workout. I have to get to the fitness center tomorrow morning. Good to hear from you avoid150. Stay positive on those food choices this week and stay safe down there in Florida.
    Daily - 4, Weekly 11
  • shawna_25
    shawna_25 Posts: 84 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Day 8:
    I packed all healthy foods for lunch and dinner, but still went over my calorie budget. Ah well! Got 10 cups of water in. Squeezed in a 30 min walk after work.

Day 9:
    Lazy day off. Planned to go to the gym but didn't make it. Will go tomorrow. Didn't make the best food choices today, but stayed under calorie budget. Only got in 4 cups of water. 2 hour brisk walk this evening. My partner even joined me!

@intotennis aww thanks, that is very sweet of you! You've got insane superhero strength completing P90X3 and playing 2 hrs of tennis in one day! Wow!

@kathyNKCSD keep logging the not so good choices. There's always tomorrow to make better ones :)
  • giglqueen
    giglqueen Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    YAY! I got in today!!! Good morning everyone! Last weekend was rough, we went out of town on Thursday for the holiday so I didn't eat exactly how I wanted, although I did my best with what I was given, and I didn't get to walk as much as I wanted because it was raining. But today's a new day and so far so good! I'm on track with my breakfast, I've walked the outside of the building 4 times and will do it again on lunch and my afternoon break and I'm prepped for a good day. I've had severe headaches for a while now and was told by several people to try a chiropractor, so I've requested an appointment today and hopefully I can get to feeling better. I hope everyone is having a great day!