A1c

Options
123457»

Replies

• sweeetypie1
    sweeetypie1 Posts: 122 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    A1c was 5.8 at this check up. September found out I have diabetes A1c was 9.4. Dec 6.1. March 6.4 and now 5.8. But TSH dropped big time from 4.28 to .33. Kept diabetes meds at 2mg Glimepiride 2x day and dropped synthroid dosage. Ugh - needs to get these numbers steady. Happy about the A1c - not happy about the thyroid (I had my thyroid removed in 2015)
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,611 Member
    Options
    A1c was 5.8 at this check up. September found out I have diabetes A1c was 9.4. Dec 6.1. March 6.4 and now 5.8. But TSH dropped big time from 4.28 to .33. Kept diabetes meds at 2mg Glimepiride 2x day and dropped synthroid dosage. Ugh - needs to get these numbers steady. Happy about the A1c - not happy about the thyroid (I had my thyroid removed in 2015)

Going from a 9.4 to a 5.8 is great progress! It is all the more remarkable given the relatively short time. The doctor can sort out the synthroid dose and get you back on track there.
  • ConleighS
    ConleighS Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    My A1c went up a little from 6.5 to 6.9. My TSH is up to 5.86 and my BP has been in the rise. The dr increased my synthroid to 1.00, and upped my lisopril to 20. Complicating this is I just started chemo so my levels are all over and my bs is super wacky for a few days after so will adjust levemir and Humolog accordingly. Follow up in 3mo.
  • sweeetypie1
    sweeetypie1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options

August A1c back to 6.6 - wasn't following diet very well, but thryoid numbers are finally in the normal range. If it isn't one, it's the other!
  • 2t9nty
    Options
    I just went for a blood draw to get an A1C. Based on meter numbers, I am claiming it will be a 5.4 or a 5.5. We will see tomorrow probably.
  • 2t9nty
    Options
    2t9nty wrote: »
    I just went for a blood draw to get an A1C. Based on meter numbers, I am claiming it will be a 5.4 or a 5.5. We will see tomorrow probably.

It was a 5.7 this time. This is up from a 5.6 which is not much of a change. I was hoping for a trend in a different direction, but you have what you have.
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    Interesting endo visit!!! He questioned patterns in my log I didn't see &
    I keep the log. He felt my meter might be reading a little high &
    replaced it. He also surprised me, he cut my 2 exercise classes.
    They were causing high/lows that he didn't want.
    So I'm a 6 day a week walker. He said after I lose a bunch more
    weight I might try them again.
    He also said to keep an eye on my insulin use as I lose more weight.

My diabetes diet is working so he didn't waste time talking about it.

I'll see him again in 4 months :)
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Most recent A1c was 4.9. I've been eating at maintenance this past six months, so it's reassuring to know that my numbers are staying low even when I'm not in a deficit.
  • mickj2018
    mickj2018 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    5.1 down from 5.2. Starting to titrate off of soliqua