exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,221 Member
    Options
    Adding 7 miles out of 200. I’m on the board. :smile:

Adding 10 miles for 17 out of 200

Adding 12 miles for 29 out of 200.

Adding 13 miles for 42 out of 200.

Forgot to log yesterday. Oops. :smile: adding 32 miles for 74 out of 200.

Adding 24 miles for 98 out of 200.

Adding 14 miles for 112 out of 200.

Adding 9 miles for 121 out of 200.

Adding 9 miles for 130 out of 200

Adding 7 miles for 137 out of 200

Adding 16 miles for 153 out of 200.

Adding 25 miles for 178 out of 200.

Adding 9 miles for 187 out of 200.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    =============================

As for me, still coughing my lungs out. As sore as my abs are getting from it, maybe it's doing a little good too! :lol: I'm still home from work today (day #3), but I might have to go at least make an appearance tomorrow for a couple of hours. I just have to keep taking it easy. The doc wouldn't give me antibiotics (yet), but she gave me steroids and told me to keep taking the over the counter stuff as long as it seems to be working. And to drink water like it's my full-time job. lol

Dave

Why would she give you a steroid and not an antibiotic? Steroids may reduce inflammation but so will Ibuprofen. Steroids suppress your immune system and make it harder for you to keep infections at bay. I know there are a lot of people that will tell you to avoid antibiotics and I tend to agree with that; that doesn't mean you should avoid them if someone is suppressing your immune system. I know you don't have a tail so human medicine could be different, but it seems like a steroid is going to make breathing easier, but it will make the bronchitis hang on longer.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    It was COLD here today! I think we hit 32* & then it fell back to 26*! Saw some snow but thank goodness it was nothing much.
    Got in 2 on elliptical & 3 from ex-bike yesterday & today was a kick my @ss fitness class!!

exercise.png
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    @darkrider42 Hope you have turned the corner
    @kar328 good luck with the new role!
    @clepant so pleased its nor dementia! :)
    @anaconda469 good luck!

23 Oct 5.6 miles
    24 Oct 4.7 miles
    25 Oct 10.6 miles
    26 Oct 8 miles
    27 Oct 2.5 miles

MTD 178.43
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Adding 7 miles out of 200. I’m on the board. :smile:

Adding 10 miles for 17 out of 200

Adding 12 miles for 29 out of 200.

Adding 13 miles for 42 out of 200.

Forgot to log yesterday. Oops. :smile: adding 32 miles for 74 out of 200.

Adding 24 miles for 98 out of 200.

Adding 14 miles for 112 out of 200.

Adding 9 miles for 121 out of 200.

Adding 9 miles for 130 out of 200

Adding 7 miles for 137 out of 200

Adding 16 miles for 153 out of 200.

Adding 25 miles for 178 out of 200.

Adding 9 miles for 187 out of 200.

Adding 23 miles for 210 out of 200. (With room to spare. :smile: )
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,152 Member
    Options
    Adding 1 mile. Had a tooth pulled yesterday, but it was fine to go to HIIT class (although I did enjoy some mild narcotic last night).

Thanks for the well wishes on the job!

exercise.png

• sufferlandrian
    Options
    Had a bad one tonight. Someone let their dog out unsupervised at night and it was hit by a train. Three of the four limbs were sheared off between the wrist/ankle and elbow/knee. The dog was still alive but in shock. We had to euthanize. No tag; no microchip. Someone thinks their dog is just out roaming and wont even know until later that it's dead. Makes me angry.
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options

exercise.png

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Had a bad one tonight. Someone let their dog out unsupervised at night and it was hit by a train. Three of the four limbs were sheared off between the wrist/ankle and elbow/knee. The dog was still alive but in shock. We had to euthanize. No tag; no microchip. Someone thinks their dog is just out roaming and wont even know until later that it's dead. Makes me angry.

:(
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was our last nice fall day. Winter is here this morning. I skipped out of work early enough yesterday to get in a nice 24.82 miles on the bicycle!

exercise.png
  • leanerstrongerhealthier
    Options

So sad..
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    27th October
    5.54 miles walked
    Total to date 148.92 miles walked

This makes me angry too. I don't know how you do what you do, but I am glad you do. I hate seeing animals hurt and in pain
  • vhuber
    Options
    Ohhhh that makes me angry too! Lets hope they keep a better eye on their children!!!

• vhuber
    Options
    @Dave, are you getting a bunch of the white stuff???? I see your state was having snow storms. We don't have snow but we've got the cold! It was 13* when we left @ 7 this morning.
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,824 Member
    Options
    10/27
    27.31 miles
    621.84 miles MTD
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,462 Member
    Options
    10/22 - 23.0 miles turbo trainer
    10/23 - 01.0 miles rest day walk
    10/24 - 23.0 miles turbo trainer
    10/24 - 01.0 miles walk w/grand kids
    10/25 - 23.0 miles turbo trainer
    10/26 - 23.0 miles turbo trainer
    10/27 - 23.0 miles turbo trainer (not a good day for a workout)

Total: 539.0 miles

exercise.png
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,377 Member
    Options

Oh Dean that makes me so sick and so angry too. One of colleagues told me today at our meeting that three weeks ago their dog laid down out of the sun under the back wheel of her husband's truck. Yep...he back up over it and killed it. I cried when she told me.
  • clepant
    Options
    @Dave: I am worried about you. Keeping you in my prayers that things start turning around.
    @vhuber: Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Still waiting for a killing frost here. It's coming.

On a good note. My pup is home from the specialty hospital after surgery yesterday. He is doing well despite such a difficult procedure. Now on to healing and hopefully buying him some time to be with us a little longer.

Oct. 27: Adding 12 miles today of walking and vacuuming leaves for several hours with my lawn vac.
    TTD: 318 miles

exercise.png

• clepant
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hope everyone has a better weekend. Sounds like so many of us have been dealing with lots of stuff this week.
This discussion has been closed.