Kitty's OMAD Journey

Options

Replies

• mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    If I dont answer you all personally......its not personal, lol trust me . I basically work 7 days a week nowdays and around 10 hrs a day.........so when I come here, its always around middnight, after I have done the dishes of course.... lol and Im pretty beat up and tired!!!! but I do love allyour comments and read every one and love all of them!!!!! =)=)=)
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Nice meal Kitty. Wow! Yeah you have a busy schedule! I wish I was out of the house more...I think it would help me as I don't think about food when I'm out and about. Good to see you've slipped right back into OMAD mode :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are eating enough though if your getting dizzy. Kind of a balance thing, not too much not too little.
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Make sure you are eating enough though if your getting dizzy. Kind of a balance thing, not too much not too little.

im stuffing my little face.........trust me lol!
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    katjustkat wrote: »
    Nice meal Kitty. Wow! Yeah you have a busy schedule! I wish I was out of the house more...I think it would help me as I don't think about food when I'm out and about. Good to see you've slipped right back into OMAD mode :)

oh......I wish I got out of the house more too.......I work from home, Im a graphic designer so I spend most of my day working in front of my pc. but it pays the bills!!!
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    So I decided to weigh myself every two weeks.....I got on the scales today petrified as hell,,, cause I never know wtf my body is gonna do..

well, Im down to 118.6kg... very happy!

start weight was 120kg.

very very happy. But keeping a level head this time! (not crazy happy cause next weigh in who knows with fluctuations ect, and the scale is just a measuring tool nothing else......see how level I am now?? lol )

Im eating out today, not sure what I will have but I will probably turn to my favourite meal, kabab with pitta bread and fries on the side.........

• mittenswillet
    edited October 2017
    Options
    next week we are planning on buying a seperate big freezer, and here is why. Last winter my husband and I discovered dumpster diving. And we have a Lidl store that throws away insane amounts of fresh food, For 3 months we lived off it , ate like kings and queens and hardly spent a dime. So we are going again this year, but this time we will have an extra freezer to really bulk up on everything, last time we left alot of good food behind.

We think we are helping the world and the environment this way, Ive often asked my husband if we should also try to help people in need etc, but he said that most would take advantage of it, plus we dont have a car.........so.......

Its not easy work though, you have to leave home around 2am, and just accept its going to be dark and cold, and we have to walk for about 20 mins to get there........but I always relished the challenge and loved it. The only problem is keeping my mouth shut, me and my husband talk non stop to each other!! lol so just not talking is the biggest challenge. I want radio silence because I just dont want to wake people up.
  • mittenswillet
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Just to give you an example of how crazy the world is and what is thrown away, here is some of the things we found.........all fresh and within date mind you,

Bread,
    beef,
    pork ribs,
    broccili
    capsicums
    apples
    pizza
    yogurt
    avacado
    prawns
    chicken
    pork steaks
    milk
    salmon
    coffee
    pasta
    pasta sauce
    french dressing
    chocolate
    icecream
    celery
    cheese (we are still using the cheese we found last year, thats how much there was)

insane hey?
  • mittenswillet
    edited October 2017
    Options
    most nights we easily brought home 60 usd worth of food.............

And its legal in sweden to dumpster dive as long as the bin is not locked or on private property.......... =)
  • blambo61
    Options
    Just don't get in trouble and make sure it isn't spoiled or contaminated in anyway.
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    Im not going to let the scale rule me this time, no more made up demons! Just enjoy my favourite meal I feel like that day with dessert and have a great time!!!! for the rest of my life!!!!
  • mittenswillet
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I hear you newmeadow, we have left alot of stuff behind as well, stuff that was obviously open,
    Everything we take is still sealed and unopen, plus its a huge supermarket, in a small town, so we've never had the dog or nappy problem.... but we are careful, I promise!!

Well, we did plan to eat out, but after doing all of our shopping, we decided to go home and eat the oven pizza we bought.

Its a rustica pizza, and with that I had some fries, coleslaw, and a spoonful of bearnaise sauce and garlic sauce, it was delish, but I couldnt eat all my fries, dessert was 2 chocolate chip cookies and 2 pieces of chocolate.

I bought weetbix for dessert today, but I was too full to eat them.........I have a fettish for cereal and milk I think.... =) And if I cant eat them for breakfast cause of OMAD, i WILL have them for dessert if I am in the mood.....and today that mood popped up.....until I got full. hahah. But there is always tomorrow!
    =)eklkycijwtxo.jpg
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Ohhh! that's my kind of pizza...I have to have onions on mine too. I usually saute mine and add them to the delivery pizza...I like a lot and nice and mushy LOL...
    My daughter used to work at Sam's club in college. She worked in the bakery and the night before any baked goods expired she would have to pull it all from the tables. She would put it all in a cart and she had to put it in a food compacter...ughhh they would squish everything together. She HATED doing that but the store wouldn't let the employees take any home and they wouldn't give it to charity either because they said a lawsuit would cost them too much if there was one. Such a huge waste. Yes...everything was all sealed up so it wouldn't have been bad if it hit the dumpster. I def would watch out for any seafood or meat though as we're not even supposed to leave the stuff we cook in our houses out for more than two hours...But..you said it was freezy cold where you live so that could make a huge difference.
    You work from home and don't get food impulses? wow that's grrrrrreat! Lucky ducky. Hope you have a relaxing Sunday :)
  • blambo61
    Options
    I would have starved one semester in college if my roommate wouldn't have brought home the old breadstuffs from the place he worked. They let the workers take stuff home.
  • mittenswillet
    edited October 2017
    Options
    katjustkat wrote: »
    You work from home and don't get food impulses? wow that's grrrrrreat! Lucky ducky. Hope you have a relaxing Sunday :)

to be honest...this time...no!! I'm way too busy either working, or working on our appartment, and I'm just not so hungry this time around...which is odd, but when I do get hungry I have a coffee with carnation milk and a teaspoon of fake sugar.

okay, today was HUGE my gorgeous husband laid our kitchen floor today, wood panels that look like black granite tiles....its insane. We started at 1pm and didnt finish until 9 so dinner was late......but dinner was awesome! The pick shows it all haha.

2 pieces of toast with avacado and prawns, rice with garlic sauce and bbq ribs, all made by my gorgeous husband he deserves a medal =)
    oh and I forgot for desert, I had a bowl of icecream with chocolate topping,
    with a marabou white choco moment crmbled over it, and a nix kex bar crumbled over it too... b6dr6kn6i1ux.jpg

I hope everyone had a wonderful day!

Yes, any food is better than none Bob!!

• mittenswillet
    edited October 2017
    Options
    da floor!!! lolzn98ebm92fc7d.jpgb47ufvpozqth.jpg

• tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Nice floor, really nice
  • blambo61
    Options
    Floor looks great!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Love the flooring!!! and the food ;)
  • mittenswillet
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Well today was another busy day for me, I had no online work, so I decided to do some deep house cleaning, and I decided to use a product the kommune janiter of our appartments gave me, its industrial cleaner and smells like oranges (I dont know its name my husband is going to find out for me)...and leaves every other cleaner to shame...I got rid of stains that I never thought would ever go away.....needless to say I had a lot of fun, and did the clothes washing at the same time...hahah now Im clean too after my shower and just feel so wonderful!

Dinner.....I got really full tonight for the first time since I started, so I sense the lil big belly is starting to shrink!! yay!!

Tonight we had potato gratin, with smoked ham slices, coleslaw and a nice big table spoon of bearnaise.....i found the bearnaise too rich, so I didnt eat so much of it, and couldnt eat all of my gratin or the coleslaw. Dessert was 4 weekbix drowned in milk with maybe half a tablespoon of sugar. yumtna8tfrdxtto.jpg