Kitty's OMAD Journey

Options

Replies

• mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    wow those sound way better! I will look out for them, thanks Bob!!!
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    Dinner was fried rice tonight, to be frank...I didnt think it was worthy of a pic!! lol but it was delish though, desert was icecream and chocolate sauce,...very nice! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!! =)
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    dinner today was a take away hambuger and fries delieverd, because we painted our kitchen cupboards today, it was quite a big job, so we had take away.

Loving writing here, its like having my own little journal in my own little world. :)
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    well today was the day....... woke up early due to reflux pains, so had the salt water flush this morning.... when push comes to shove...I always push back =D
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    more veges from now on, and might have a few desert nights with just prunes and cream......im crazy about prunes and cream =)
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    well tonights dish was wonderful, we didnt have a name for it, so I called it noodle koodle...we both thought that was very funny. it was salmon and some nice vegies with pasta and a creamy sauce
    Desert for me was a home made cheesecake, with whipped cream and prunes that I desperatley need.

The salt water flush worked wonders too, feel 100%

cp4dc7plsa5m.jpg
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    more veges from now on, and might have a few desert nights with just prunes and cream......im crazy about prunes and cream =)
    I love prunes... Never had them with cream I don’t think, but sounds divine!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Quite happy you didn’t include a pic of the cheesecake... mmmmmm cheesecake
  • mittenswillet
    edited October 2017
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »

hahha, no didnt include it! =) Oh prunes and cream is heavenly. I take a page from the book of around the 1930's and 40's and probably 20's when prune whip was a popular dessert, its basically the juice of stewed prunes added into whipping cream..........YUM.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options

hahha, no didnt include it! =) Oh prunes and cream is heavenly. I take a page from the book of around the 1930's and 40's and probably 20's when prune whip was a popular dessert, its basically the juice of stewed prunes added into whipping cream..........YUM.

Sounds interesting! I think I would like that.
  • mittenswillet
    edited October 2017
    Options
    quiet day today, I started to get hungry around 3pm, so I had a chocolate milk and played chess until 5pm, then I made our dinner for this evening. Chinese cabbage with bacon and rice......its my favourite, maybe because the flavours are so wonderful together.

Desert was yogurt and prunes. I read that yogurt is good for the stomach etc and will help with pipe issues, for some reason, this time around Im not so found of the yogurt I normally eat, so I will have to try and find another when I finish my last one tomorrow. And I also had some small cheesecake with it, to act as sugar for the medicine to go down so to speak...with the yogurt lol.

q9isxr5qsydk.jpg
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    I have forgotten to mention this for some reason.......Im not sure why, but normally at the end of the week, I treat myself to a take out omad meal, its my reward for sticking to omad all week, I always like to get fries and a kebab with bread, but this week I dont think I will order it until Sunday night, as this Sunday is my fortnightly weigh in.

For some reason (which is probably complete nonsense) I think the fries will make me gain lol
  • minigrrll
    Options
    I regularly have chips/fries before my weigh in because my weigh in day is officially Friday, and we always go out for dinner on Thursday... Don't think it really makes much of a difference to my weight. I generally have gelato for dessert on those days too... :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    If you want the best yogurt without sugar added back in, you can easily make it yourself. Buy some powdered milk and mix the powder with water to double strength or instead of using water use milk to mix the powder at the same quantity you would use water to make regular milk (that will also make it double strength). Add a little bit of store bought yogurt and let sit overnight in a warm place (mix with warm but not hot water to speed up the bacteria growth). Then when you eat the yogurt you made, just add a little bit of fruit. After you eat this for awhile, you will think the store-bought stuff tastes really gross. It is way cheaper than buying yogurt also.
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    I regularly have chips/fries before my weigh in because my weigh in day is officially Friday, and we always go out for dinner on Thursday... Don't think it really makes much of a difference to my weight. I generally have gelato for dessert on those days too... :)

Im going to have them today =) yay!!

• mittenswillet
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    If you want the best yogurt without sugar added back in, you can easily make it yourself. Buy some powdered milk and mix the powder with water to double strength or instead of using water use milk to mix the powder at the same quantity you would use water to make regular milk (that will also make it double strength). Add a little bit of store bought yogurt and let sit overnight in a warm place (mix with warm but not hot water to speed up the bacteria growth). Then when you eat the yogurt you made, just add a little bit of fruit. After you eat this for awhile, you will think the store-bought stuff tastes really gross. It is way cheaper than buying yogurt also.

That is the most amazing recipe I've ever read, I will have to try this!! Thankyou Bob!!
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    ooooooh today was tuff, it started from last night, I went to bed around 3am hungry.....couldnt sleep, woke back up at 5.30 and had a ciggy and some pepsi max, went back to bed,

My husband left the house to visit the dentist at 8am.......so I was alone for 4 hours.. refused to eat, had a hot chocolate instead, did my makeup and then watched a Carole Lombard movie to pass a few hours. the hot chocolate eased the hunger which was good, Husband came home at 12.00. we ordered food at 1.30.

Today I decided to focus on eating the whole kabab, with the salad and the meat and bread and focus less on fries.... it was wonderful, but here I am again 8 hours later feeling slight chest pains from acid reflux most likely due to my constipation.....SO tonight Im going to buy some baked beans, and give my body a break from heavy or big meals, it just seems like its not coping so well with anything atm. So beans and toast for a few days to see how things go for my one meal a day. And some apples for dessert will be good too.

Hope my body appreciates the new food and works itself out.

• mittenswillet
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Im a little bit upset with myself that I let my body get into such a state of constipation....unfortunatley I'm one of those people who have the attitude of "That wont happen to me, or that dosent apply to me, Im made of steel, Im indominable" .........lol sure . not anymore.

So hopefully after I get myself out of this constipation jam, I can start adding more vegies and fruit to my diet.

I went to the store and got 6 large juicy green apples, 4 cans of baked beans, some more carnation milk (to try to coax myself into drinking a little more coffee Im not a coffee person, and even when I do drink it, its so white you think its milk....) I heard coffee was good for constipation as well. I wanted to buy some brown bread with maybe some seeds, but my husband wanted white, so I comprimised and said yes to white and decided it wouldnt kill me if I had the white bread. Plus I love him too much to say no =)
  • minigrrll
    Options
    I would have thought all those prunes would be cleaning you out!!
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    I would have thought all those prunes would be cleaning you out!!

no...not as much as I hoped they would......the salt water flushed worked.......but only for one day it seems