November Challenge

Options

Replies

• Jigglypuff00
    Jigglypuff00 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new November Challengers! So for any old October Challengers; the scale saga continues..... I found a replacement battery yesterday for the scales and thought great, problem over, hopped on (for this read carefully stepped!) and read that I weighed 131lbs, now that would be nice; 39lbs lost in three days and while on holiday, also I think I passed that weight some 20+ years ago and I ain't seen it since! So today's task? correct, buy new scales then forever wonder, have I gained, lost or stayed the same ahhhhhhh! :'(

Oh, I feel ya! I started my weight loss journey weighing myself on an old school scale, with the needle and tiny little lines. I thought I was doing real good until I had to see the doctor. On their scale, I weight about 7 pounds more than I thought. So I broke down and bought a new digital scale. It coincided with the doctor's scale. :( So I really have no idea what my real starting weight is! But at least I know now what it is. My starting weight is now just an estimate.

So get your new scales, and forget about the past. Today's a new day! Tomorrow is our weigh-in and that can be your new starting weight! (It would be nice if it was 131 lbs though!)
  • Jigglypuff00
    Options
    choolou wrote: »
    10/29 - 171
    11/05 -
    11/12 -
    11/19 -
    11/26 -

Newb here. Started keto on Nov 3. So far I am constantly hungry. Hopefully that will subside...

Recently lost about 10 pounds by non keto means. Just here to try something new and hopefully stop gaining and losing the same 5 pounds.

Yes, you shouldn't be hungry all the time. If you're at too low of a calorie deficit, it will not subside. Not sure what your height is, but I know the calculators use that to determine what your maintaining caloric intake is. Make sure you know what that is, and eat less than that. If it says 1900 calories per day to maintain, eat 1600. If you go too low, then you will always be hungry, no matter what type of diet you are on. And eventually that will cause you to binge on all the foods that aren't that good for you.

Remember, keto is low carb, moderate protein and some say high fat. But you should only eat fat to satiety. So, after a meal and you're still hungry, eat something higher in fat. Half an avocado, pork rinds if you like them. A hard boiled egg mixed with mayo. Stuff like that.

And congrats on the initial 10 pounds! Whoo hooo!
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    So get your new scales, and forget about the past. Today's a new day! Tomorrow is our weigh-in and that can be your new starting weight! (It would be nice if it was 131 lbs though!)

Oh boy Oh boy, it most certainly would!!
  • valleygirl74
    valleygirl74 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    NikkiJRM wrote: »
    Here we go November!

10/29 214.6

You had a whoosh! (I totally went back & peeked)

To be honest, it was a wicked flu! But, thanks just the same, NikkiJRM. I couldn't taste anything and everything seemed so blah. (It's hard to eat grilled salmon when you're hacking away) (Lot's of chicken broth, though.) Now that it's pretty much gone... everything looks so gloriously yummy! No whoosh this week - that's for sure! lol. Maybe next. I'm back up on the Keto horse now. Thank goodness.
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    @valleygirl74 I'd love to know which valley you are in! I too live in a valley, a very beautiful one. My circle of girlfriends refer to each other as the valley girls, and some who room together have lovingly nicknamed their home "The Valley Girl's Chalet"... whenever I see your name I wonder if you are in the same super magical valley as we are (unlikely, but not impossible!) :) Hehehe, anyways - I have positive associations with your MFP name. :)
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    So the new scales are in place, though they will be moving around as we leave here today and head to another hotel, then another on Monday then my brother's on Thursday then they come to live with me at their very own non- moving spot in my bathroom at home by Saturday! Typically, having gone out of our way so I could buy scales, we checked in and what was there? Yup, scales in the hotel bathroom! Still at least it meant I could compare just to see if the new ones seemed to be accurate with the ones here!

so my weight: though goodness knows what it means as from my last scales but I'm taking it!

10/29 170 (old dead scales!)
    11/5 169.6 (yup I got scales that measure parts of pounds!!)
  • Jigglypuff00
    Options
    10/29 - 211.8
    11/05 - 210.6

Well, tbh...I am a bit disappointed I haven't lost more. But I'm also happy I did lose. Last month spoiled me. LOL! A pound a week is a good, safe loss. In a couple of weeks I have a doctor's appointment and hopefully can start exercising for real.
  • Jigglypuff00
    Options
    So the new scales are in place, though they will be moving around as we leave here today and head to another hotel, then another on Monday then my brother's on Thursday then they come to live with me at their very own non- moving spot in my bathroom at home by Saturday! Typically, having gone out of our way so I could buy scales, we checked in and what was there? Yup, scales in the hotel bathroom! Still at least it meant I could compare just to see if the new ones seemed to be accurate with the ones here!

so my weight: though goodness knows what it means as from my last scales but I'm taking it!

10/29 170 (old dead scales!)
    11/5 169.6 (yup I got scales that measure parts of pounds!!)

Today's a new day. I had to give up on the measurements from my old scale as it appears to be at least 5 pounds off. It was hard because I was so close to onederland. But I'll get there. And you are doing so awesome! You'll reach your goal soon!
  • valleygirl74
    valleygirl74 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    10/29 214.6

11/05 215.3
    11/12
    11/19
    11/26

Today's a new day. Let's see what happens next week.
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    When I started back, 10/15, I was 209, highest I have ever been not pregnant. So glad to be getting back on track and feeling back in control.

10/29 205
    11/05 200
    11/12
    11/19
    11/26
  • rchelen
    rchelen Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    10/31 121
    11/5 119.8
    11/12
    11/19
    11/26
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    10/29 - 211.8
    11/05 - 210.6

Well, tbh...I am a bit disappointed I haven't lost more. But I'm also happy I did lose. Last month spoiled me. LOL! A pound a week is a good, safe loss. In a couple of weeks I have a doctor's appointment and hopefully can start exercising for real.

You lost!! That's what counts and sticking with it, well done, also that is NOT a pound it is 1 pound and a bit!!
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    DAM5412 wrote: »
    When I started back, 10/15, I was 209, highest I have ever been not pregnant. So glad to be getting back on track and feeling back in control.

10/29 205
    11/05 200

Really well done, by next week you will be in 'Onederland!' ( I had to look up what that was, but it's a great word!)

• chinatowninchina
    Options
    10/29 214.6

11/05 215.3

Today's a new day. Let's see what happens next week.

Next week will be fabulous and so will we all o:)o:)
  • choolou
    choolou Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    10/29 - 171
    11/05 - 168.8
    11/12 -
    11/19 -
    11/26 -

This is the weight I usually start to plateau on other diets. Let’s see if I can break it this time!
  • rchelen
    rchelen Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    11/5 119.8
  • __Roxy__
    edited November 2017
    Options
    October 31: 258.0
    11/05: 254.6
    11/12:
    11/19:
    11/26:
    November 30:

The scale had dipped down to 253.6 on Friday... such a tease! I'll take the loss though, I'm happy with it. :)
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    DAM5412 wrote: »

10/29 205
    11/05 200
    11/12
    11/19
    11/26

You MUST update when you're under 200 so we can celebrate!!
  • __Roxy__
    Options
    choolou wrote: »
    This is the weight I usually start to plateau on other diets. Let’s see if I can break it this time!

I get that too. My body really really loves being in the 265-268 range (I've stalled out at that weight going up AND going down! More than once for both!)

I am finally on the other side of it. I'm hoping it's smooth sailing for a while :)