Over here !!!

Options

Replies

• Jamie6636
    Jamie6636 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    So Saturday and Sunday I did absolutely nothing. I have come down with a cold and I am a total baby. I did get 4-20 minute workouts on my elliptical last week and I think it helped. I woke up today and forced myself to do Hammer Power which I was supposed to do Sunday. My throat is paying for it but it was totally worth it!

Heres my plan for the week!
    Monday: Hammer Power/ 20min elliptical
    Tuesday: Total Body Chisel
    Wednesday: Hammer Power
    Thursday: Chisel Balance
    Friday: Iso Speed Hammer
    Saturday: off
    Sunday: Chisel Endurance
  • KrystinaMTL
    KrystinaMTL Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Jamie6636 wrote: »
    So Saturday and Sunday I did absolutely nothing. I have come down with a cold and I am a total baby. I did get 4-20 minute workouts on my elliptical last week and I think it helped. I woke up today and forced myself to do Hammer Power which I was supposed to do Sunday. My throat is paying for it but it was totally worth it!

Heres my plan for the week!
    Monday: Hammer Power/ 20min elliptical
    Tuesday: Total Body Chisel
    Wednesday: Hammer Power
    Thursday: Chisel Balance
    Friday: Iso Speed Hammer
    Saturday: off
    Sunday: Chisel Endurance

Great move Jamie !! Getting up and doing it !!
    Let's have a great week !
    ;)
  • KrystinaMTL
    Options
    2f4lvp1drc8m.jpg
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Supplements & Nutritional Powders?

Everyone in this group is working out quite a bit. What are your thoughts on the value of supplements, omegas, amino acids, protein drinks etc? Am a believer in real food, but take a some supplements such as iron, b12 & D. Am starting magnesium again as my running increases. As a vegetarian, low sugar protein bars really work, and I and Vega as a drink for work out recovery. Would love to hear what you do or do not do!

• KrystinaMTL
    Options
    Cafelelia wrote: »

Everyone in this group is working out quite a bit. What are your thoughts on the value of supplements, omegas, amino acids, protein drinks etc? Am a believer in real food, but take a some supplements such as iron, b12 & D. Am starting magnesium again as my running increases. As a vegetarian, low sugar protein bars really work, and I and Vega as a drink for work out recovery. Would love to hear what you do or do not do!

Great topic Lisa !

Ok so yes, I am also a believer in real food. That said, I do use a few supplements to complete my nutrition as I am not a vegetarian but I eat very little meat. I have a protein shake every morning when I get to the office and always have some on stand-by as with the work I do I can be unable to eat (real food) for hours at a time being with families but I can always be drinking a shake made in water in 10 seconds. It helps a lot.

As supplements, I take omega 3 (cause I eat very very little fish) and Vitamin D in the winter months. Also, magnesium at night (which helps me with regularity :fearful: )

When strength training, I tried a coupe things for fun (and for taste) and I like it. I am not absolutely convinced of its validity but that's not THAT important to me. Placebo is fun :wink:
    Therefore I like to take a "preset" right before a lifting workout and drink either water or an "intra" during the workout. I eat real protein food right after.

When I was running, especially in the summer where we sweat a lot, I used to chug electrolytes in the form of my BCAA of choice.
  • bianca616
    bianca616 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    My plan for the week...

Monday- off
    Tuesday -total body Chisel plus 10 min an Chisel
    Wednesday-Hammer power plus 10 min an Hammer
    Thursday- Chisel balance
    Friday-ISO speed Hammer
    Saturday- power chisel
    Sunday- off

I am going to keep with 5 workout days a week and work on getting my eating on point. Need to end the week strong!
  • Cafelelia
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Revised HM Week 1 plan

Monday - 3 km Temp run. (Done)
    Tuesday - 3 km Steady run. (Done)
    Wednesday - Strength training (core & upper body), 3km steady run
    Thursday - Rest
    Friday - Rest
    Saturday - Optional Fun Run
    Sunday - 4 km tempo run

Had to make some changes based on my schedule. It is cold here!!!
  • Jamie6636
    Jamie6636 Posts: 107 Member
    Options

All I take is a multivitamin and calcium+VitD. I probably could look into taking something more.
  • bianca616
    Options

I am so glad you brought up this topic! I am currently not taking any supplements or vitamins and reading everyone's posts has made me realize that I can easily improve in this area. Great idea!

@KrystinaMTL , what is your "preset" and "intra" during your workout?

What would you guys recommend I start with?

Thanks!
  • KrystinaMTL
    Options
    • Monday am: Total Body Chisel
    • Tuesday after work: Hammer Power
    • Wednesday after work: Chisel Balance
    • Thursday after work: Iso speed Hammer
    • Friday after work: Chisel Endurance
    • Saturday after work: Total Body Hammer
    • Sunday: Rest + Walk to work
  • KrystinaMTL
    Options
    bianca616 wrote: »

I am so glad you brought up this topic! I am currently not taking any supplements or vitamins and reading everyone's posts has made me realize that I can easily improve in this area. Great idea!

Thanks!

In my opinion, it is best to start with making sure you get enough protein, of any type, and if not, complete your intake with iso protein of your favorite flavor.

This is an example of a preset I like:
    https://www.svncanada.com/product/3948/beyond-yourself-preset

And one of an intra I like:
    https://vita-plus.ca/collections/beyond-yourself/products/keto-ice

I find it all more fun than anything else honestly but the preset really makes my skin tingle (it is a known side effect of the beta alanine) and it gives me a boost of energy (placebo or not)

xxx
  • KrystinaMTL
    Options
    Yo ! Scotty !!

Where are you at buddy ???
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    HM Week 1 Plan

Monday - 3 km tempo run
    Tuesday - 3 km steady run
    Wednesday - Strength training (core & upper body), 3 km steady run
    Thursday - Rest
    Friday - Rest
    Saturday - Optional fun run
    Sunday - 4 km tempo run (start of Week 2)

15 cm of snow today did not stop me, although I really hesitated! An older gentlemen down the street asked me “Miss, why don’t you try walking?” Photo is me at the end. As per Krystina, Scotty, where is my running buddy?

555lzbns01zk.jpeg

• KrystinaMTL
    Options
    WOOOHOOOOOO Lisa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That's a true canadian woman !!!!
    Snow Shmow right !!!!!

Sooo proud !
    ;)
  • jlburns2005
    jlburns2005 Posts: 331 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Monday-iso speed hammer. Done
    Tursday-chisel endurance. Done
    Wed-total body hammer. Done
    Thurs-chisel cardio
    Friday-max hammer strenth
    Sat-chisel agility
    Sun-rest
  • bianca616
    Options
    HM Week 1 Plan

Monday - 3 km tempo run
    Tuesday - 3 km steady run
    Wednesday - Strength training (core & upper body), 3 km steady run
    Thursday - Rest
    Friday - Rest
    Saturday - Optional fun run
    Sunday - 4 km tempo run (start of Week 2)

15 cm of snow today did not stop me, although I really hesitated! An older gentlemen down the street asked me “Miss, why don’t you try walking?” Photo is me at the end. As per Krystina, Scotty, where is my running buddy?

555lzbns01zk.jpeg

LOVE THIS PIC!! It show me a determined woman who isn't letting anything stop her! So inspiring.

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!
  • bianca616
    Options
    bianca616 wrote: »

Thanks!

In my opinion, it is best to start with making sure you get enough protein, of any type, and if not, complete your intake with iso protein of your favorite flavor.

This is an example of a preset I like:
    https://www.svncanada.com/product/3948/beyond-yourself-preset

And one of an intra I like:
    https://vita-plus.ca/collections/beyond-yourself/products/keto-ice

I find it all more fun than anything else honestly but the preset really makes my skin tingle (it is a known side effect of the beta alanine) and it gives me a boost of energy (placebo or not)

xxx

THANKS!! I will definitely start looking into adding to my routine. <3<3
  • KrystinaMTL
    Options
    • Monday am: Total Body Chisel
    • Tuesday after work: Hammer Power
    • Wednesday after work: Chisel Balance
    • Thursday after work: Iso speed Hammer
    • Friday after work: Chisel Endurance
    • Saturday after work: Total Body Hammer
    • Sunday: Rest + Walk to work
  • KrystinaMTL
    Options
    257wr3vxll2f.jpg
  • ScottyTheGent
    ScottyTheGent Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all been MIA the past couple of days. Couldn't work out monday so my schedule is set back a day. Have total body tomorrow. I take athlean x pre and post workout, and a multivitamin. Just started taking wheat grass juice powder to get extra nutrients. Sorry I've been MIA, hope you ladies have had a productive week!