Over here !!!

Options
KrystinaMTL
KrystinaMTL Posts: 1,338 Member
edited March 2018 in Social Groups
A group of like-minded people who want to commit to a planned weekly workout and keep one another accountable. Some of us are follow BeachBody workouts.... some of us are training for a Half-Marathon. Whatever YOU want to commit to, we'll help you get there !

Replies

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,417 Member
    Options
    Love this idea, yay. I made a thread for the “Basic Strength” calendar. It helps me preplan my workouts, :)
  • DreaRN15
    DreaRN15 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I think this is a great idea. My moves this week are gonna be hella modified because I have somehow managed to Jack up my hand. I guess between doing this Monday and seeing my trainer yesterday, who had me doing upper body, which also included planks.....*sighs*
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    DreaRN15 wrote: »
    I think this is a great idea. My moves this week are gonna be hella modified because I have somehow managed to Jack up my hand. I guess between doing this Monday and seeing my trainer yesterday, who had me doing upper body, which also included planks.....*sighs*

Please don’t over do it, I have to modify some moves still. Do your best and it’s a win in my book, :) YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!
  • GrandmaJackie
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Tomorrow should be interesting, my husband is off, ;):);). I forgot what moves are in strength intervals so I might have to go to the gym for my workout, lol.

Piyo workouts
    1) Drench ( >:):#>:) I was only able to do 3O mins BEFORE passing out, lol)
    2) Buns (Not too bad, this was actually fun, <3B)<3)
    3) Strength Intervals
    4) Drench
  • KrystinaMTL
    Options
    Totally agree with modifying poses to our present capabilities. We are where we are and we get just a little better every time we do it. I really choose to believe that.

Some of these moves are killer, like the Beast pose that she makes us move side to side and kicking the leg at the end. I die. Every time. I mean come on !!!! But I try it always. I think the idea is to push ourselves to try and keep up with Chalean and then fall to the Modifier girl if need be. The more we do it, the less modified we need to.
    The feeling of strength we get from this is my absolute favorite thing.
    Makes me stand a little taller :)

Now this week I had:
    Drench
    Buns
    Strength Intervals
    Drench

Which means I have to do Drench tonight. Oh la la. My workout nemesis. I will do it. And I will get through it the best I can by trying my hardest thinking of you guys doing the same ! I was telling Bianca, the first time I did Drench, I paused it 5 times to gather myself. This Monday, doing it again (3rd or 4th time total I think) no pauses, only a stop and rewind time to try again to figure out the confusing piYo flip. ;)

We are stronger together. I truly believe that !

So happy to have you guys as a team :)

K
  • bianca616
    bianca616 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    THIS IS SUCH A GREAT IDEA @KrystinaMTL !! Thank you for setting this up!

I am ready to PIYO my butt into shape with you ladies!

I did strength intervals today and haven't done this one too often so it was a workout. This is the only workout I see in the set that has any kind of jumping. They specifically advertise no jumping so I was surprised when I first tried it. I don't mind jumping now but when I was 200+ pounds and lived over my landlord, I could have really used PIYO. I used to hate doing any workout DVDs back then because I felt like I was going to vibrate my house to ashes. Lol.

I have one more workout left for the week....DRENCH! Will do tomorrow.
  • GrandmaJackie
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @bianca616, glad to see you found us, yay. Today is strength intervals, getting my running around before hitting the gym.
  • bianca616
    Options

When I first started PiYo my wrist was killing me! Its funny because she even mentions it in one of the workouts and says it will improve. Its tough on the hands and wrists but it has gotten better.

I also modify every Tricep pushup she does. I am just not at the place to be able to do regular tricep pushups especially since its a big part of her PIYO pushup sessions. In the more advanced workouts she really speeds up the tempo and I just focus on getting in all the moves, slowly and steadily. If I miss one because I am behind is fine with me.
  • KrystinaMTL
    Options
    bianca616 wrote: »

When I first started PiYo my wrist was killing me! Its funny because she even mentions it in one of the workouts and says it will improve. Its tough on the hands and wrists but it has gotten better.

I also modify every Tricep pushup she does. I am just not at the place to be able to do regular tricep pushups especially since its a big part of her PIYO pushup sessions. In the more advanced workouts she really speeds up the tempo and I just focus on getting in all the moves, slowly and steadily. If I miss one because I am behind is fine with me.

Me too !
    I do ALL my tricep push-ups modified.
    I dream of the day I can do ONE on my toes.

Totally agree wit the wrist thing. Totally gets better.

I sweat more during piyo than I did some cardio workouts I've done.
    I think that says it all.
  • GrandmaJackie
    edited November 2017
    Options
    So since we ONLY have ONE television I can do my Piyo workouts on, I might have to this on my iPad......someone is hogging it, go figure, :(. Triceps push-ups are the only way I can do them, too

https://youtu.be/SEX6WPPfg5U
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    Tomorrow should be interesting, my husband is off, ;):);). I forgot what moves are in strength intervals so I might have to go to the gym for my workout, lol.

Piyo workouts
    1) Drench ( >:):#>:) I was only able to do 3O mins BEFORE passing out, lol)
    2) Buns (Not too bad, this was actually fun, <3B)<3)
    3) Strength Intervals (Not bad doing at the gym) ;):);) bring on the sweat)
    4) Drench

• KrystinaMTL
    Options
    a18hn4gcdlr8.jpeg

Last night’s killer workout
    Dare I say I actually might have “enjoyed” some suffering parts ?
    Crazy.
    Lol

Have a great weekend guys.
    Let’s stay accountable to one another for next week’s Piyo plan ...
    Share with us and we’ll help you get there
  • GrandmaJackie
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Nice killer workout!!!!!

Next weeks plans
    Mon: Core
    Tues: Buns
    Wed: Sculpt
    Thurs: Drench
  • bianca616
    Options
    a18hn4gcdlr8.jpeg

Last night’s killer workout
    Dare I say I actually might have “enjoyed” some suffering parts ?
    Crazy.
    Lol

Have a great weekend guys.
    Let’s stay accountable to one another for next week’s Piyo plan ...
    Share with us and we’ll help you get there

LOVE IT!!

Did Drench this morning and it lived up to its name. I had to put my knees down several times (that beast sequence is ridiculous) and went into childs pose once or twice. Again my tempo was not great at the end but I did those flips and all. Will take a post workout sweat shot next time!
  • bianca616
    Options
    zeuk75vfg7z4.jpg
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    You BOTH are killing me, hehehehe. I’ll do Drench too, lol. The beast sequence is a killer.......not brave enough for pictures, though, lol
  • KrystinaMTL
    Options
    Damn right Giiiirrrrrrrlllllll
  • Jamie6636
    Jamie6636 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Alright guys I joined this group to cheer you on. I have access to PIYO though beach body on demand so I am going to try and do it once in a while so I know what you guys are talking about. A couple months ago I told my husband my mind wasn't right and it would help me a lot if he would workout with me. He has been an angel and we have been doing workouts on beach body but I'm thinking of not pushing the PIYO with him. Right now we are doing Hammer and Chisel. I am obsessed with being on myfitnesspal and I will be checking in on your posts often!!!! Go Piyoritas!!
  • GrandmaJackie
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Jamie, how cool to have your husband do any kind of workout with you, welcome aboard, :) Btw, my bones are sore, a good sore though.
  • bianca616
    Options
    Jamie6636 wrote: »
    Alright guys I joined this group to cheer you on. I have access to PIYO though beach body on demand so I am going to try and do it once in a while so I know what you guys are talking about. A couple months ago I told my husband my mind wasn't right and it would help me a lot if he would workout with me. He has been an angel and we have been doing workouts on beach body but I'm thinking of not pushing the PIYO with him. Right now we are doing Hammer and Chisel. I am obsessed with being on myfitnesspal and I will be checking in on your posts often!!!! Go Piyoritas!!

Thank you @Jamie6636!! That is so great that your husband works out with you. My husband has been procrastinating on working out and will only weight train, no workout routines. How is hammer and chisel? @KrystinaMTL and I have been discussing which exercise series we should move to after PIYO and would love any input you may have since you have access to them all. Since we are talking about incorporating weights or bands we were looking at Chalean Extreme. How do you like Beach Body on demand?