Options

Replies

• KrystinaMTL
    KrystinaMTL Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    bianca616 wrote: »
    Holy **** !
    You're right B !
    We are on the last week of the program !!
    Crazy, right ?!

Personally, I'll do 2.5 more weeks of it to get me to vacation time.
    What's your plan ?

I guess I will repeat the last few weeks to get me to April first and toss in a few different workouts from some other programs. Maybe I will try some of the advanced PIYo workouts since it's been a long time and I can gauge if I am any stronger than when I did it last.

I was thinking of this:
    tbffxxpgrvq6.png
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Cafelelia wrote: »
    HFM Training Week 4

Are you ready for this ? : Jacqueline Gareau was my neighbor when I was a kid !!!!!!!!!!
    I am not joking ! My dad knew of her as he was also a Marathon Runner which is why he was super happy to realize she was our neighbor ! Also, she was/is a totally normal "just like us" person who as you say, was Determined. ;)

Good move on taking your own personal accountability buddy (and rowing BEAST) in your luggage on vacation. You smart. :)
    Bianca, you can fit in my suitcase right ?

xx

Amazing coincidence! Krystina, if your dad ran marathons & Jaqueline Gareau was your freakin’ neighbour, this means that you pretty much have to run at least one marathon in your life! Bianca, I think that this means that you are getting a free trip to Krystina’s vacation destination, & not in a suitcase!
  • KrystinaMTL
    Options
    fa4oq4gmr5v3.png
  • KrystinaMTL
    Options
    You are right Lisa...
    We'll talk
    ;)
  • bianca616
    bianca616 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    HFM Training Week 4

Sunday - 3 km tempo run
    Monday - 3 km tempo run
    Tuesday - 5 to 7 km “long” run

Wednesday - 3 km steady run
    Thursday - 3 k steady run
    Friday - travel & rest
    Saturday - rest at home!

Krystina, I have a built in accountability buddy (my active, hockey playing 11 year old) who gets me to the fitness centre everyday on vacation! This kid is my height, tough and he shouts at me when I don’t get moving! He did an hour on the rowing machine & then the treadmill! Figured out that the treadmill motion & sound makes me a bit dizzy, which is why I probably don’t like it. I slowed the pace a bit and yes, introduced some music, so was able to do a “long” run today. Still would rather run outside in subzero, but being in the heat for everything else is awesome!

From Coach Steve and it applies to all exercise:

The body does not want you to do this. As you run, it tells you to stop but the mind must be strong. You always go too far for your body. You must handle the pain with strategy...It is not age; it is not diet. It is the will to succeed." - Jacqueline Gareau (she won the 1980 Boston Marathon & she is a Canadian!)

Love this!!!

Your consistent running schedule is so inspiring! Having a workout buddy, no matter the age, is a blessing. Mine is in another country and I have never heard her voice but she has somehow managed to get me to a 5 day a week weigh lifting schedule when I would have never had the courage to even think about it alone. And apparently she lived next door to the author of your quote!! Lol! How cool is that?! B)
  • KrystinaMTL
    Options
    • Monday Morning: Chisel Endurance + 70mins on the Treadmill to try and burn off some of the very unfortunate carb-fiasco-binge from the night before
    • Tuesday after work : Max Hammer Strength + 30mins on the Treadmill
    • Wednesday after work: Chisel Cardio :o
    • Thursday after work: Hammer Plyo :#
    • Friday after work: Total Body Chisel
    • Saturday morning: Hammer Power :p
    • Sunday after work: A bit of treadmill before the Oscars ?
  • KrystinaMTL
    Options
    Good morning lions ;)

hjp94wn8ds6r.png
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    HFM Training Week 4

Sunday - 3 km tempo run
    Monday - 3 km tempo run

Friday - travel & rest
    Saturday - rest at home!

One more treadmill run & I get back to the coldish sidewalks of Toronto! My 11 yr old accountability buddy went fishing with his dad, so my 7 yr old stepped in. He ate cookies, played on my iPhone & told me to hurry up. It worked pretty well!
  • KrystinaMTL
    Options
    HFM Training Week 4

Sunday - 3 km tempo run
    Monday - 3 km tempo run

Friday - travel & rest
    Saturday - rest at home!

One more treadmill run & I get back to the coldish sidewalks of Toronto! My 11 yr old accountability buddy went fishing with his dad, so my 7 yr old stepped in. He ate cookies, played on my iPhone & told me to hurry up. It worked pretty well!

That's hilarious !!!
    Whatever works right !? lol

I think you should send us a pic.... so we can imagine you and your dream team* a little better ;)
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    Here u go, the one picture they stood still for on this trip:

zt6zmkzi5e8m.jpeg
  • KrystinaMTL
    Options
    B e a u t i f u l <3
    Sun, sand and smiles
    What else can one ask for
    ;)

Thanks for sharing !!!
  • bianca616
    Options
    Good morning lions ;)

hjp94wn8ds6r.png

❤️
  • bianca616
    Options

zt6zmkzi5e8m.jpeg

You and your boys are gorgeous!
  • jlburns2005
    jlburns2005 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Monday- chisel cardio. Done
    Tues- off
    Wed. Iso speed hammer. Done
    I took 2 days off and did both today.
    Thursday-chisel agility
    Friday-hammer power
    Sat-total body chisel and ab chisel
    Sunday- hammer power and ab hammer
  • Jamie6636
    Jamie6636 Posts: 107 Member
    Options

zt6zmkzi5e8m.jpeg

Ahhh you look so warm! Great picture!
  • Jamie6636
    Jamie6636 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Monday: Iso Strength Chisel
    Tuesday: Hammer Conditioning
    Wednesday: P90X Yoga

Thursday: Chisel Cardio
    Friday Chisel Endurance
    Saturday: off
    Sunday: Max Hammer Strength

Hope you are all having a great week!
  • KrystinaMTL
    Options
    • Monday Morning: Chisel Endurance + 70mins on the Treadmill to try and burn off some of the very unfortunate carb-fiasco-binge from the night before
    • Tuesday after work : Max Hammer Strength + 30mins on the Treadmill
    • Wednesday after work: Chisel Cardio :o+ 30mins on the Treadmill
    • Thursday after work: Hammer Plyo :#
    • Friday after work: Total Body Chisel
    • Saturday morning: Hammer Power :p
    • Sunday after work: A bit of treadmill before the Oscars ?

NSV
    Last time I did Chisel Cardio was the first time I had been able to do it without pausing it. So last night, I knew I had to repeat that as I knew I "could". So I did. Man that one kicks my *kitten* but I get through it once again.

Oh and @Jamie6636 ! You were totally my inspiration on Monday when I tried to do the full 60 seconds of inverted push-ups on C.ENdurance but I wasn't able to. I had to bring a leg down at some point, but that's ok !!! I'll get there !!! And you'll be the first to know !

I have Hammer Plyo tonight which I havn't done in a while. I know that one is also crazy on the cardio so I'll try, I'LL TRY and do it without pausing.
    Back here tomorrow to tell you if I could. ;)
    If you wanna be a lion you must train with lions right ?!

Thanks to all of you for always motivating me to do better ;)

xx
  • Cafelelia
    edited March 2018
    Options
    HFM Training Week 4

Sunday - 3 km tempo run
    Monday - 3 km tempo run

Friday - travel & rest
    Saturday - rest at home!

I researched the invention of treadmills. They were created on farms for animals to use (yes, animals!). Early versions were also used in prisons as hard labour punishment. This is all on the internet so it must be true! Yes, I am a bit resentful of falling off a treadmill this week!

Guys, here is why I trained on vacation. My race day is June 3rd, which may seem a long way off, but it is not. I can show up prepared or not, it is up to me. I ran this race before. There is a long, gradual incline on this course that is quite challenging for about 4 km. There is pretty much no shade from 6 km to 12 km, and it is hot in southern Ontario in June. I remember people dropping off around 12 km and ambulances showing up (nobody was seriously hurt). So I know what is coming and I want to be prepared. This week, I modified training (shaved off 3km), and it took a total of about 3 hours. I have less stress on vacation than at home, so no excuses really. Chances are that I will miss a training day here and there for whatever reason, but June 3rd is very much on my mind.

Thanks for your support & hope that you are all having a great week!
  • KrystinaMTL
    Options
    HFM Training Week 4

Sunday - 3 km tempo run
    Monday - 3 km tempo run

Friday - travel & rest
    Saturday - rest at home!

I researched the invention of treadmills. They were created on farms for animals to use (yes, animals!). Early versions were also used in prisons as hard labour punishment. This is all on the internet so it must be true! Yes, I am a bit resentful of falling off a treadmill this week!

Guys, here is why I trained on vacation. My race day is June 3rd, which may seem a long way off, but it is not. I can show up prepared or not, it is up to me. I ran this race before. There is a long, gradual incline on this course that is quite challenging for about 4 km. There is pretty much no shade from 6 km to 12 km, and it is hot in southern Ontario in June. I remember people dropping off around 12 km and ambulances showing up (nobody was seriously hurt). So I know what is coming and I want to be prepared. This week, I modified training (shaved off 3km), and it took a total of about 3 hours. I have less stress on vacation than at home, so no excuses really. Chances are that I will miss a training day here and there for whatever reason, but June 3rd is very much on my mind.

Thanks for your support & hope that you are all having a great week!

I totally get it Lisa.
    Long distance running is an endurance sport so the training is key. The length of preparation (physical and mental) is key. I've also run a couple races quite unprepared physically relying solely on my mental strength and you get there but urghhhhh seriously...... yeah, no.
    The last 2 HMs I did I was well prepared and the experience is quite different. I mean let's be real here, it's damn hard !! It is. Endurance. But so much more to gain when prepared.
    And the pride...... well.... right ?! :)

My vacation will be a complete vacation. I live my life very organized, schedules, planned and all that jazz and I like it, and it works for me but that's why I need my vacation to be mind-body-spirit. Completely let go... Just go with the flow of what that vacation decides it wants to be :) And when I get back, hot it the best I can with a new challenge.

I completely agree with your plan, as you have an event you are preparing for.
    I do not, my life is my event ;)
    I'm working on a lifestyle of new habits. :)

Take the weekend to chill, you did awesome !

We'll see you out there come Monday morning !

:)
  • Cafelelia
    edited March 2018
    Options
    HFM Training Week 4

I totally get it Lisa.
    Long distance running is an endurance sport so the training is key. The length of preparation (physical and mental) is key. I've also run a couple races quite unprepared physically relying solely on my mental strength and you get there but urghhhhh seriously...... yeah, no.
    The last 2 HMs I did I was well prepared and the experience is quite different. I mean let's be real here, it's damn hard !! It is. Endurance. But so much more to gain when prepared.
    And the pride...... well.... right ?! :)

My vacation will be a complete vacation.
    :)

Yes, preparation, pride & want to model for my kids on setting goals and working towards them. I have two more “away” trips before June 3rd, so the training has to continue as this is the window for it. But yes, am a big believer in “complete” vacations as well. I am planning one for July, more on that later.