• jlburns2005
    jlburns2005 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Monday- chisel cardio. Done
    Tues- off
    Wed. Iso speed hammer. Done
    I took 2 days off and did both today.
    Thursday-chisel agility-
    i did hammer cardio instead since it was shorter and my dog really wanted to go out for a walk;)
    Friday-hammer power
    Sat-total body chisel and ab chisel
    Sunday- hammer power and ab hammer
  • bianca616
    bianca616 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    • Monday Morning: Chisel Endurance + 70mins on the Treadmill to try and burn off some of the very unfortunate carb-fiasco-binge from the night before
    • Tuesday after work : Max Hammer Strength + 30mins on the Treadmill
    • Wednesday after work: Chisel Cardio :o+ 30mins on the Treadmill
    • Thursday after work: Hammer Plyo :#
    • Friday after work: Total Body Chisel
    • Saturday morning: Hammer Power :p
    • Sunday after work: A bit of treadmill before the Oscars ?

Oh and @Jamie6636 ! You were totally my inspiration on Monday when I tried to do the full 60 seconds of inverted push-ups on C.ENdurance but I wasn't able to. I had to bring a leg down at some point, but that's ok !!! I'll get there !!! And you'll be the first to know !

INVERTED PUSH-UPS!! Ahhhh!!! Really hard. I honestly keep the ball around my lower knees because I cannot keep myself on the ball if I put it against my shins! Need to work on my technique and then see if I can even do 5 like that. All in good time.
  • Jamie6636
    Jamie6636 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
      NSV Last time I did Chisel Cardio was the first time I had been able to do it without pausing it. So last night, I knew I had to repeat that as I knew I "could". So I did. Man that one kicks my *kitten* but I get through it once again. Oh and @Jamie6636 ! You were totally my inspiration on Monday when I tried to do the full 60 seconds of inverted push-ups on C.ENdurance but I wasn't able to. I had to bring a leg down at some point, but that's ok !!! I'll get there !!! And you'll be the first to know ! I have Hammer Plyo tonight which I havn't done in a while. I know that one is also crazy on the cardio so I'll try, I'LL TRY and do it without pausing. Back here tomorrow to tell you if I could. ;) If you wanna be a lion you must train with lions right ?! Thanks to all of you for always motivating me to do better ;) xx

I did Chisel Cardio yesterday. OMG it was so hard to get through. I paused it 1 time after burpees.

Funny story about push ups:
    At the hockey tournament all the parents got together and partied in a hotel room (we were well behaved with not even a warning). The hockey moms had a push up contest. It was super funny and yes I won. I may have counted this as an NSV but there was a bit of alcohol involved.

• KrystinaMTL
    KrystinaMTL Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    • Monday Morning: Chisel Endurance + 70mins on the Treadmill to try and burn off some of the very unfortunate carb-fiasco-binge from the night before
    • Wednesday after work: Chisel Cardio :o + 30mins on the Treadmill
    • Thursday after work: Hammer Plyo NO PAUSE !!!! :p :#+ 30mins on the Treadmill
    • Friday after work: Total Body Chisel
    • Saturday morning: Hammer Power :p
    • Sunday after work: A bit of treadmill before the Oscars ?
  • KrystinaMTL
    Options
    Push-up Queen of the Moms !!!!
    I love it Jamie !!!
    lol

I can't believe I only have 1 Chisel and 1 Hammer workout left to the entire calendar !
    Soooo awesome to actually finish something you start.
    HUGE NSV for me :)

I following the Hybrid next week til I leave.
    I'm curious to see what Body Beast is like ...
    Good Ol' Sagi huh lool pffttt
  • KrystinaMTL
    Options
    5sygisyl3qku.png
  • bianca616
    Options
    Jamie6636 wrote: »

Funny story about push ups:
    At the hockey tournament all the parents got together and partied in a hotel room (we were well behaved with not even a warning). The hockey moms had a push up contest. It was super funny and yes I won. I may have counted this as an NSV but there was a bit of alcohol involved.

This is so totally awesome!!!!! I LOVE IT!!! Duh....Winning!
  • bianca616
    Options

Monday- Hammer conditioning and 3.25 m walk
    Tuesday- Chisel cardio and 4 mile walk
    Wednesday-total body Hammer and 10 min ab Hammer
    Thursday-Chisel endurance and 30 min walk
    Friday-Yoga retreat Day 3
    My shoulder was hurting me so I decided not to do Hammer build up and got in a Yoga session.
    Saturday-off
    Sunday- off

It was a strong week for me and I am hoping to not go to crazy while away with the family Saturday and Sunday. I am happy the scale is finally starting to move and I don’t want to undue my progress. If it all goes to hell, I always have Monday to start again. B)
  • Jamie6636
    Jamie6636 Posts: 107 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Monday: Iso Strength Chisel
    Tuesday: Hammer Conditioning
    Wednesday: P90X Yoga
    Thursday: Chisel Cardio
    Friday off
    Saturday: Total Body Hammer

Sunday: Chisel Endurance

Somehow I messed up my schedule again and did a different workout than planned. Anyway I got it done. I have 5 workouts left on the H/C 60 day calendar. Perfect for next week!

• jlburns2005
    jlburns2005 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Tues- off
    Thursday-hammer cardio. Done
    Friday-i didnt get this one in. Ive been in more pain than usual in my hips so im resting them a bit. I have ankylosing spondlitis but ive been slack on my anti-inflammatory due to my lack of insurance last yr. I just got reestablished at the drs and will give them some time to kick in before i start week 5 in the calender. Im thinking maybe walks and yoga for a few days.
    Sat-
    Sunday-

• KrystinaMTL
    edited March 2018
    Options
    • Wednesday after work: Chisel Cardio :o + 30mins on the Treadmill
    • Thursday after work: Hammer Plyo NO PAUSE !!!! :p:# + 30mins on the Treadmill
    • Friday after work: Total Body Chisel +30mins Treadmill
    • Saturday morning: Hammer Power - Nope, switcharoo. 60mins of Treadmill instead
    • Sunday after work: A bit of treadmill before the Oscars ? Nope, Hammer Power LAST WORKOUT OF THE ENTIRE CALENDAR !!! WHAT !?!?
  • KrystinaMTL
    Options
    Tues- off
    Thursday-hammer cardio. Done
    Friday-i didnt get this one in. Ive been in more pain than usual in my hips so im resting them a bit. I have ankylosing spondlitis but ive been slack on my anti-inflammatory due to my lack of insurance last yr. I just got reestablished at the drs and will give them some time to kick in before i start week 5 in the calender. Im thinking maybe walks and yoga for a few days.
    Sat-
    Sunday-

Jenn, I had to google ankylosing spondlitis
    Doesn't sound fun at all. I agree that a week of yoga might be beneficial as well as those anti-inflammatory of course !!
    Adapting is a key part of the journey right ?
    :)
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Ive been in more pain than usual in my hips so im resting them a bit. I have ankylosing spondlitis but ive been slack on my anti-inflammatory due to my lack of insurance last yr. I just got reestablished at the drs and will give them some time to kick in before i start week 5 in the calender. Im thinking maybe walks and yoga for a few days.
    Sat-
    Sunday-

Jenn - This condition can be quite painful & difficult (my father-in-law has it). Modifying your routine makes perfect sense and hope that the anti-inflammatory kicks in soon. Take care
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    HFM Training Week 5

Sunday - 4 km tempo run
    Monday - 4 km tempo run, strength training core & arms
    Tuesday - 3 km steady run
    Wednesday - 9 km long run
    Thursday - rest, strength training core & arms
    Friday - 3 km steady run
    Saturday - rest

Happy to be back home & outdoor running!
  • KrystinaMTL
    Options
    So, Lisa, I'm curious.

Tempo run = Faster than race pace ?
    Steady = Race pace ?
    Long = Slower than race pace ?

What's your pace goal ?
  • KrystinaMTL
    Options
    ALRIGHT !!!!
    (Bianca, I just sent you an email regarding this...)

Alright alright alright !!! (Picturing Matthew Mcconaughey all of a sudden lol)

So tonight is my last workout of Hammer and Chisel calendar
    (Let's dance)
    lol
    And tomorrow's Monday !
    I need a plan
    I decided on a plan.
    I don't need a Hybrid version, I can go all in with Sagi.

Body Beast it is !!
    I will follow his schedule til I leave on the 21st.
    And we'll take it from there.

So here is what next week is gonna look like for me:
    • Monday morning: Build - Chest/Tris
    • Tuesday afternoon: Build - Legs
    • Wednesday after work: Build - Back/Bis
    • Thursday after work: Beast Cardio + Beast Abs
    • Friday after work : Build - Shoulders
    • Saturday : Rest
    • Sunday morning: Build - Chest/Tris

:mrgreen::sunglasses:
    Let's do this !!!!!!!!!!!
  • Cafelelia
    edited March 2018
    Options
    So, Lisa, I'm curious.

Tempo run = Faster than race pace ?
    Steady = Race pace ?
    Long = Slower than race pace ?

What's your pace goal ?

Tempo run = means going “comfortably hard”. Your near max pace (80% max heart rate), no breaks. There are lots of different ways to do it. Flat courses are recommended. It is supposed to improve speed.

Steady run = go slow, below your race pace. It can be a run/walk combo, I just run. Consider it a leisurely run.

Long Run = This is also slow (at least slower what your race pace, a bit faster than steady run). Again, it can be a run/walk combo (10 minutes running, 1 minute walking). I tend to just run. It is fairly important to take it slower than race pace, as you are building endurance week over week on these runs.

My pace goal = Honestly, to finish and have a good time at the race. A finish between 2:30 and 3 hours is fine (so like 7 to 8.5 minutes per km). This is likely to be a hot temperature race, so I need to give myself this kind of spread on the pace. I won’t really have a good sense of my near final race pace until May. Just two of my training runs will at “race pace” & these are in May. While I am training consistently, I am not training really that competitively on speed. Some runners do 7 days a week, some do 2 runs per day etc. My strength training is relatively new, and that is really helping with how I feel during runs and it should help with injury prevention & possibly speed.

More “types” of runs are coming in a few weeks: Hill training (yikes), fartlek (combo fast & slow running).

Including this week, I have 13 weeks left in the training plan & to race day!
  • KrystinaMTL
    Options
    Is that the John Stanton method ?
    It reminds me of it...
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    Is that the John Stanton method ?
    It reminds me of it...

Yes, it is from the Running Room online training clinic. I like it as it is gradual & straightforward. The different types of runs make it a bit more interesting too. My marathoning brother has used it for all of his races. I am researching nutrition right now. It is challenging to do this training and lose weight. Just read the Runner’s World book on this, and it is great. Am going to read it again. After a long run, honestly, the hunger is intense!
  • KrystinaMTL
    Options
    Totally !!
    I totally get what you mean. Training for an event and trying to lose weight at the same time can be quite tricky. Needing the right nutrition to perform versus aiming for a constant calorie deficit to lose weight... I've been there too. That's why I am not setting any challenging events this year (ie The Marathon ;) ). I am obviously on a weight loss journey but also one to create a body that I want to maintain for the rest of my life afterwards. That, is my priority right now and that's the only reason I had to make a choice and let go of the Races until I get to where I want to be. THEN, of yes, THEN and not IF, Then I'll move on to the next challenge that very well could be the Marathon.
    Life is a series of choices right ? We just can't do everything at the same time with the same intensity.

That's why I'm so happy to have gifted myself with a treadmill. I am bringing the fun back into running as opposed to hitting times, paces, numbers.. (God I was becoming pretty intense there...)
    Anyway, bla bla bllaaaaahhh lol

I get it. I get you. I'm so glad to have found you !

I could go on forever !!! lol
    :)