Britt's Eight Weeks to Maintenance Journal

Options
brittdee88
brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
edited November 2017 in Social Groups
My birthday challenge thread is a jumbled up mess, so I decided to create a fresh new space now that I feel I am finally on the right track. I will post daily meals and Monday morning weigh-ins (except on my period) until my 30th birthday on January 22, which is when I will enter maintenance once and for all!

The plan is to follow my hunger, which has me naturally following OMAD. If I feel I need more than one meal, I will follow the FAA plan. I have had amazing success with this plan as a diagnosed binge eater.

I am so excited to get to a new chapter in my life and to put an end to this weight rollercoaster!

Replies

• brittdee88
    Options
    Day 1: 11/27
    Weight: 153.4

I'm finding that I tend to eat around 6:00/6:30 lately.
    I didn't get a picture of today's dinner, but it was a bowl of catfish stew over Nigerian jollof rice. Dessert was a small oat-blackberry jam square and a scoop of chocolate frosty. I'm currently savoring a glass of merlot as my digestif.

I still cannot get over the fact that I have taken two ice cream scoops out of a small frosty, and I am not even halfway through the cup. I can't stop thinking about all those years when I had a large frosty with fries, chicken nuggets, and sweet tea. That woman would not recognize who I've become.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to following your journey to maintenance. You are going to do great!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    The two scoops thing is huge - congratulations!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    You are doing really well!
  • brittdee88
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Thanks for the support, everyone!
    I'm happy to report that even though I was much more active today (4x as much walking as I did in the past week on Thanksgiving break - I was super lazy), my hunger still came and left without me feeling panicked. I was really apprehensive about that today, but it worked out! I did have a slight headache a couple of hours ago, but it went away after I took some quiet relaxation time.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Awesome news. Nice to have fleeting hunger rather than overwhelming, all you can think about hunger, that’s for sure!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    Awesome news. Nice to have fleeting hunger rather than overwhelming, all you can think about hunger, that’s for sure!

Definitely! MUCH better!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Day 2: 11/28

Today's OMAD:
    rpc9hthh0cue.jpg

Salmon-avocado roll
    Oat-blackberry jam bar
    1 scoop of frosty (I still have another left for Friday's OMAD. A small frosty is going to last me FOUR days! I just cannot get over it)
    Not pictured: glass of red
  • blambo61
    Options
    That looks yummy!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    That looks yummy!

Thanks, Bob! It was!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Day 2: 11/28

Today's OMAD:
    rpc9hthh0cue.jpg

Salmon-avocado roll
    Oat-blackberry jam bar
    1 scoop of frosty (I still have another left for Friday's OMAD. A small frosty is going to last me FOUR days! I just cannot get over it)
    Not pictured: glass of red

I would eat that oat bar for sure and if a Frosty is a milk shake then I would eat that too :p
  • brittdee88
    Options
    You’ve never had a frosty??? They’re these chocolate frozen milk things (not a milkshake and not quite ice cream - a mix between ice milk and soft serve, I guess) from Wendy’s. They probably don’t even really pass for real food, but they are pretty tasty!
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Nope never had one but I will now ;)
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Day 3: 11/29

No picture today because I eat in class on Wednesdays and Thursdays, but I had a decent appetite today and had two pieces of a small gluten-free pizza, 3/4 of a chocolate caramel bar, and a few handfuls of kettle corn. Not super healthy, but not all days are!
  • brittdee88
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Day 4: 11/30

No picture again, but it wasn't anything to look at anyway since I wasn't super hungry (probably due to all I ate yesterday!). I had a tuna sandwich and most of a little bag of sour gummies.

I have to write a huge paper this weekend, so I have tried to break it up into doable portions so I won't be pulling any all-nighters. I usually binge on Sour Patch Kids and energy drinks during finals, but I am determined to not do that this year! I feel confident that this round of finals will go much better than in the past.
  • smahan2010
    smahan2010 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Best of luck, Britt. You can do it!!!!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    You have come a long way and I am sure this will be another testimony you will have of how much farther you've come. Those past usuals are no more. You've got this.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Going to school can be very stressful. I went back to grad school in the early 90s at nights after work and I would stay up late and to keep me going I would eat ice-cream or chips and salsa. That was the beginning of me putting on weight. I was not heavy before that. It is a challenge but you have some good tools to work with now also. Keep up the good work!
  • Brendalea69
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Good luck with your paper this weekend and with the snacking, stay strong you got this :)
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    You’ve never had a frosty??? They’re these chocolate frozen milk things (not a milkshake and not quite ice cream - a mix between ice milk and soft serve, I guess) from Wendy’s. They probably don’t even really pass for real food, but they are pretty tasty!

Heh, no I don't think Frosty's count as real food. In my former life I'd get a Frosty and a large fries and dunk the fries in the Frosty! It was good but I don't miss that kind of stuff.