Britt's Eight Weeks to Maintenance Journal

Options

Replies

• minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Interesting about the Nutella, I’m kind of like that with peanut butter, or at least I used to be. Something about it being in a jar and easy to spoon out and no defined portions. Or something. Peanut butter seems to have lost its spell over me lately though.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Awesome on the new low weight!!! So close to the 140s!!
  • smahan2010
    smahan2010 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    I’m officially one week in!
    Starting weight: 153.4
    Week 1: 151
    Pounds lost: 2.4
    Weeks to go: 7

It won't be long before you're practicing your yoga again! Congratulations and namaste!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much, everyone!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    I lost 45-lbs initially and then went into a maintenance mode for about 17-months then I got going again and lost about another 15-lbs. I did gain 10-lbs back a couple of times during the maintenance period and had to lose it again. That stinks, watch out for that. Much easier to maintain than to have to lose it again. Weigh often! Do something about it if you see your weight going up!

Honestly, I think I will weigh at least 2-3 times a week if not daily for the rest of my life. I definitely can't afford to not weigh often as a short woman. It is very visible when I gain (or lose) even small amounts of weight.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    Interesting about the Nutella, I’m kind of like that with peanut butter, or at least I used to be. Something about it being in a jar and easy to spoon out and no defined portions. Or something. Peanut butter seems to have lost its spell over me lately though.

I have no idea what it is about it, but the same thing happened last night, so I ended up throwing it out. I can't afford to fall back into bad habits. It's just so weird because I have been eating chocolate the entire time, but there's something about Nutella apparently.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Day 5: 12/1

Today's OMAD:

gdbtlqw449gb.jpg

Two grilled fish tacos (got rid of half of the tortillas - they were double wrapped for some reason, and there was no way I could finish that)
    Handful of tortilla chips
    1/2 of a dark chocolate bar with caramel rice crispies
    1 scoop of frosty (I THOUGHT I was going to finish it today, but there's still another scoop in there!!!)
    Gummy multivitamins
    A glass of red

I bought 6 fish tacos and expected to eat three for each meal, but there was absolutely no way I could've eaten another taco unless I cut back on dessert (which will never happen!). Looks like I will be eating the same thing all weekend.

ETA: I struggled through my glass of wine today even though it was only 4 ounces. My stomach feels SO full. I will definitely be pouring much less from now on.

Tacos truly are a blessing from the gods!
  • brittdee88
    edited December 2017
    Options
    AMEN to that, Joe!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    I'm a little behind on posting because of finals, but over the last couple of days, my OMADs have been 1/2 of a small pineapple and anchovy gluten-free pizza (it was my first time trying anchovies! Not as scary as I thought they'd be, but definitely happy I ordered LIGHT), a glass of red, and some chocolate.
    My body really put up a fight the other day - for no reason whatsoever, my weight jumped up to 152.4 yesterday. I'm back down to 152 today, but I am frustrated. This happens every time I try to get out of the 150s or below 135. I get so close or finally pass it and then it's just like NO! I am still somehow hoping to see the 140s by my next official weigh-in on Monday.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    You'll get there, try doing a low carb day such as scrambled eggs and some meat.
  • brittdee88
    edited December 2017
    Options
    You'll get there, try doing a low carb day such as scrambled eggs and some meat.

Thank you so much for the suggestion! That helped me to decide on having an FAA-compliant meal tonight (and maybe once or twice a week from now on since the plan is so, so helpful). The plan doesn't require low carb per se, but meals are required to be sugar-free, which would automatically drop some carbs. And I have been eating a lot of carby food lately (tacos, pizza, Nutella), so cutting back to the dinner requirements (1 starch/grain serving, 2 veggie servings, and 4 oz protein) would probably get the scale back down.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Small loss today (151.8), but I'm still so frustrated. I am going to lose a whole week of progress for no reason. I could understand if I binged or if I didn't stick to OMAD, but that 1.4-lb gain literally came out of nowhere. I am still over a week away from my period, so that is not it either. I already know I will gain/maintain during my period, so I will basically lose 2 weeks of progress now. I am so annoyed.
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Hi Britt, glad to see you're doing great. As far as goodies like nutella...it helps me to buy the single portions...it's more expensive but at least it's portioned out and safer that way. I'm trying not to focus on daily weight and just looking forward to being leaner next summer. The daily drives me nuts...but that's just me. Continued success to you :)
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thanks, Kat! That is great advice about the Nutella. I will probably take a complete break from it for a while and introduce it after I have maintained for a while!
    I will probably go back to weighing twice a week or so once I get into the 140s. I just wanted to actually see myself get into them!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    You know I have never tried Nutella, and I don't think I will. Everyone I know loves it. I think I will remain in the dark.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    You know I have never tried Nutella, and I don't think I will. Everyone I know loves it. I think I will remain in the dark.

Good call. It is evil! SO GOOD but so evil. :D

• sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Lol, I will resist the pull of the dark side!
  • brittdee88
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I had a splurge day yesterday because it has been over 2 weeks since I restarted OMAD, and I was starting to think that maybe my body was fighting me because I was undereating. Looking over my past meals, I know some didn't even hit 500 calories because of my decreased appetite, and I am sure that caused some stress. I had a salad with tuna and a protein bar for lunch (thanks to your suggestions, @blambo61!) and about 1/2 of a container of Chinese takeout and 3/4 of a slice of cheesecake for dinner.
    I jumped up to 154.4 today, but I am actually really happy that I decided to splurge because my energy is through the roof. I got a lot more fiber in (which got things moving), and my focus is so much better. I was definitely undereating, so I will work on that in the future.
    I ate a lot yesterday, so the plan is to water fast until Saturday's OMAD. I don't want to make splurge days and/or water fasts a mainstay because I know that can become a slippery slope back into disordered eating for me, but I think this combination will be appropriate for instances such as these. It also helps that I am SUPER busy today, so not having to dedicate time to cooking is definitely a good thing, and I likely won't feel any real hunger considering all I ate. I will have FAA-compliant meals on Saturday and Sunday to quell any potential cravings, and then I'll go from there.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I tried to suggest that you have a Splurge day but my post didn't go through last night :s but you did it anyway...I had one every week throughout my weight loss and they really helped me to get through week after week :)
  • brittdee88
    Options
    I tried to suggest that you have a Splurge day but my post didn't go through last night :s but you did it anyway...I had one every week throughout my weight loss and they really helped me to get through week after week :)

I remember reading that you splurged once a week. But I recalled that you also were eating fairly low carb, which I definitely am not doing, so I didn't think splurges could work for me. I guess we will find out!