Britt's Eight Weeks to Maintenance Journal

Options

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    I tried to suggest that you have a Splurge day but my post didn't go through last night :s but you did it anyway...I had one every week throughout my weight loss and they really helped me to get through week after week :)

I remember reading that you splurged once a week. But I recalled that you also were eating fairly low carb, which I definitely am not doing, so I didn't think splurges could work for me. I guess we will find out!

Joe doesn't do low carb and he had splurge days, I'm just not sure how often...Hopefully he reads this and can let you know...I hope they help you.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    My appetite has been really small lately too.

But yesterday I was super hungry and ate way more that usual in my window. Like probably way more than double! I served myself up some fruit and yogurt for my final dessert (had already had a bunch of wine and chocolate), ate a piece of pineapple while I was getting it ready and all of a sudden my body said “no more food”! So I put my served up bowl back in the fridge!

I think sometimes your body just wants less and sometimes it wants more.

I’ve just never been able to notice those signals before and ate regardless. Now for some reason, I really know when my body has had enough and if I ignore that, I really regret it. (Sometimes I’m even a little sad about how little I can have!)

I know for sure I’m up a couple of pounds today, I haven’t weighed yet but I can definitely tell. I assume my appetite will be back to usual today, but who knows... The difference for me is that I don’t feel guilty about eating “extra”, or my weight going up. I know the weight will go down again and I guess it’s pretty normal for a body to want more some days than others.

I think stress makes you mo hungry too and I have had a very stressful deadline week this week. I’m sure school is the same.

I think the most important thing for me is to try to listen to my body and not ignore it when it either says “no more” or when it says “feed me” as both of those could be slippery slopes for me.

I also don’t call it a splurge, because it’s not, it’s not special, it’s just a normal fact of life. (This is all in my eating window btw).
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    I love your post, Sarah, and I definitely relate to pretty much everything you've said. I've been pretty stressed but I am coming on the back end now. I hope things will normalize now!
  • brittdee88
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Weight: 151 (the splurge worked, so I am going to incorporate them every 2 weeks from now on. If I had done it a bit earlier, I would've probably lost some weight this week)
    6 Weeks to Maintenance (yikes!)
  • Brendalea69
    edited December 2017
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Weight: 151 (the splurge worked, so I am going to incorporate them every 2 weeks from now on. If I had done it a bit earlier, I would've probably lost some weight this week)
    6 Weeks to Maintenance (yikes!)

Glad to hear it worked :)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Yay!!

• tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    You are doing so great. I am glad you are finding what works for you. I so look forward to you breaking into the 140's. Keep up the good work.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    I really hope to be there by Monday, Tracey! I desperately NEED a whoosh!
  • smahan2010
    smahan2010 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Could stress from exams trigger the gain? Seems I've read that somewhere in this journey.

Good luck with finals, and stay the course, chick. You've got this.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    FINALS ARE OVER!!!!
    The last two weeks have been stressful, but I have never felt so fulfilled in my life. I am so happy to be on the other side of my first semester.

It's been uncharacteristically "cold" in South Florida for the past 10 or so days, so I have been craving lots of warm comfort foods. My Instant Pot has been getting a serious workout.
    I made an amazing Brazilian moqueca earlier this week, and I made a super indulgent broccoli-cauliflower-cheddar soup today. With a piece of salmon, I was in heaven with today's OMAD!

ij0miqilezzc.jpg

I've missed you all so much, and I am happy I will have the time to post here more often.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thanks so much, Susan!
    The stress probably did play a role, but I am really hoping to somehow see the 140s on Monday so I can finish my last 5 weeks going in the right direction!
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Yay for the finals being over and that soup looks delicious :)
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thanks, Brenda! It WAS. I know that other people like to break down the broccoli in this kind of soup, but I really love the big chunks. I just LOVE broccoli!
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Must be a huge load off of your back now that finals are overrrrrr. Your dinner looks delish but i woulda probably needed a nice big chunk of bread...haha you have much better willpower than I!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Hahaha! Not so much willpower as it is a wheat allergy! But I agree -- a nice chunk of crusty bread would have been a perfect complement to that soup!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Looks super yummy and a nice combo to boot!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    I was SO hungry all day today. I chewed some gum (which I usually try to avoid) and went for a 1.5-mile walk to delay eating, but I was getting a horrible headache and just couldn't make it to 6. I think it is related to my oncoming period, which should be here in the next couple of days.

d6tje2887dtb.jpg

Romaine with tuna, sunflower seeds, banana peppers, and Caesar dressing
    A small bowl of broccoli-cauliflower-cheddar soup

I was supposed to be eating salad to take a break from rich food, but that didn't quite happen LOL. Ah well - at least I got in some more veggies!
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Sorry you were feeling badly :( We just don't know what each day brings. Hope you got to go to bed feeling better.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    That soup and salmon looked divine! I love those.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    @katjustkat no worries! It wasn’t too bad. Deciding to eat a bit earlier took care of it!
    @blambo61 it was so good! Just what I was looking for in terms of comfort food.