Daily check-in for keto friends... volume 3

Options

Replies

• Minnygirl1
    Minnygirl1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    @fancy0626 I have been doing intermittent fasting too. I just stop eating around 6 and skip breakfast having lunch around 1ish. Super easy. I agree, eating in the evening is my Achilles heel. This way, it’s not a problem.
  • Trulyjooly
    Trulyjooly Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I almost gave up today. I"m two weeks in. Lost six pounds. This morning I'm up 3lbs?! Argh!
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    Trulyjooly wrote: »
    I almost gave up today. I"m two weeks in. Lost six pounds. This morning I'm up 3lbs?! Argh!

Weight loss is not linear. There are so many factors that can cause a temporary gain on the scale. As long as your overall trend continues down, you are good. I wanted to throw my scale out the window this morning when it showed a 1.2lb GAIN but then reminded myself, that I actually had a 1500 calorie deficit yesterday and worked out twice, so more than likely, that gain was just water weight and will fall back off in a few days. Hopefully it is something similar for you as well.
  • mora982
    mora982 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    liketoyak wrote: »
    Hi everyone!! I'm glad to know this post exists! I'm new to this group but have been eating keto since the beginning of May. I'm doing pretty well, but the scale isn't moving these last two weeks. I hope I get it moving again right away or I'm going to need to change some things on my eating plan. Please accept my friend invitation if you're looking for some new ones. I always am!

I think stall is when there is no change in weight and/or measurements for 6 weeks. you may try to cut back on cream, nuts, or dairy products. Also check the artificial sweetener if you are using any, it might cause some stall. And definitely take your measurements. Good luck!
  • Jessimom2
    Jessimom2 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I’m checking in. I’ve stalled on weight loss :/ Which is why I’m trying IF now too. But feel so good on Keto, not changing anything with that.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,121 Member
    Options
    @Jessimom2 I love intermittent fasting! I do the 19:5 fast. I have my five hours of eating in the evening because I like to eat late and it works out great!! Good luck!
  • Minnygirl1
    Minnygirl1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have been doing IF too. It’s so nice to have extra calories in the evening. (I’m a snack in front of the tv type person. Lol). The funny thing is, I used to eat like this years ago and found that I could control my weight pretty easily by skipping breakfast and not eating after dinner. I didn’t know it was IF, I just liked never liked eating in the morning. But as I got older, everyone told me how bad that was and that I was going to ruin my metabolism. So I made sure to eat breakfast. Forget that! I’m doing IF for life.
  • prowell57
    prowell57 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Today ends week 1 on doing keto diet...I've lost 3.6 pounds this week! My goal is to lose total of 80 pounds...3 pounds closer 👍🏼
  • prowell57
    Options
    Minnygirl1 wrote: »
    Well, I’m down 6 pounds so far. Pretty happy about that. I’ll take it!

Wow 6 pounds...pretty awesome! I'd take it too :)
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,121 Member
    Options
    @prowell57 I would have eaten the sausage and gravy! Great Keto food!
  • prowell57
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    @prowell57 I would have eaten the sausage and gravy! Great Keto food!

I didn't think gravy was a keto food because of the flour used to thicken it.

• d_dc_lady
    d_dc_lady Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    @prowell57 Right, I would advise against the gravy with all the flour in it. But there are several good keto/low carb biscuit and gravy recipes out there. Here's one, but just a quick google search and several pop up that could be great to try! https://www.heyketomama.com/easy-keto-biscuits-gravy/
  • prowell57
    Options
    d_dc_lady thank you. I never thought of looking up keto gravy. Last week was my first week ever to do keto so I wasn't really for sure what I could/couldn't eat. I have a list of "yes" foods and "no" foods and stuck to the "yes" foods only. About halfway through the week I searched keto recipes (easy ones) so i could eat actual meals lol.
    Found recipe for keto bread (haven't made it yet) but now I know there's recipes for keto gravy I'll have to make keto biscuits with keto gravy 😁.
    Thank you so much for the link!
  • prowell57
    Options
    Question about keto bread...what's best: keto bread or cloud bread?
This discussion has been closed.