TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (January)

Options

Replies

• WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    The difference a day makes! :)

My weigh-in day is on Monday and after REALLY enjoying New Year's Eve, I had to post a one pound gain yesterday. New Year's day, however, I was back to logging, eating more appropriate foods, doing a little exercise and got a really good night's sleep last night. This morning, my weight was down 2 pounds from the previous day. I had to re-look at the scale a few times to make sure I was seeing it correctly.

After this entire coming week of eating and living well again, I can hardly wait to record next week's weigh-in for this group. Should be a good one! :D

...and I know we don't start the mini-challenge until today, but for the record, I did actually log yesterday, stay within my calories and exercise for 30 minutes. B)
  • primekayprime
    primekayprime Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I like big butts and I cannot lie!

I am new to the team and can't wait to get healthier with a little friendly competion!

LET'S GET IT!
  • primekayprime
    Options
    Username: primekayprime
    Weigh in week: January Week 1
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Week's weight: 248
    Todays Weight: 246.2
  • karynclarke
    karynclarke Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Accountability Challenge
    Tracking Yes
    Calories Yes
    Exercise Yes, 4000 steps above my daily goal!
  • baplumb
    baplumb Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    330 (5lbs lost)
  • SamanthaLouiseMence
    SamanthaLouiseMence Posts: 663 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @wewillbskinny have I been booted off for January?
    Just want to check so I don’t waste my time logging each week if I have x
  • wewillbskinny
    wewillbskinny Posts: 125 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @wewillbskinny have I been booted off for January?
    Just want to check so I don’t waste my time logging each week if I have x

@SamanthaLouiseMence Oh No. That is clearly an error. We definitely want you on our team!

@Craigo3154 can you please find @SamanthaLouiseMence? She seems to have gotten lost on the transfer from December.
  • WhineThyme
    Options
    Tuesday (Jan 2)
    Logged: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: No (Seem to have come down with a cold :( )
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Hello, Team! Sorry I have been MIA. Technically I am still MIA, I just found a minute to sit down. My focus right now has been getting my son ready to spend 17 months in Germany. His flight leaves tomorrow at 8 pm. His last three semesters of his undergrad will be done at the European Business School in Wiesbaden, Germany, not too far from Frankfurt. I think we are ready.

I had done so well in October, November and December (up to the 22nd) losing nineteen pounds. Since then I have gained half of it back. I haven't flipped the switch mentally yet since we turned the calendar to January. Hopefully, after I know my son is safely there I will be able to refocus. Thankfully, all the s**t food from the holidays is out of my house; that will help! It is sooooo cold here right now, that I will have to make use of my gym membership to get any exercise, otherwise I would go for a walk or run outside.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and to crushing our 2018 goals! Lisa
  • Coheednkimbria
    Coheednkimbria Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    1/2/18 Challenge:
    Logged: Yes
    Under Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Not enough to count for the challenge
  • SamanthaLouiseMence
    Options
    @wewillbskinny thankyou :) x
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options

Username: Bluetail6
    Weigh in week: Last week in Dec
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Previous Week's 176
    Todays Weight: 176

weighed in earlier this week
  • FitLifeCrossroads
    FitLifeCrossroads Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    @wewillbskinny - Sorry about that, I think I was confused about where to post! Do I need to update my weight in the spreadsheet or just here?

My weight on 12/27 for 12/30 starting weight: 185.6 lbs

New Year's Weigh-in 1/1/18: 182.6 lbs (-3 lbs)

Hey everyone!

I'm really excited about this challenge as well starting this new year with a great group of folks. I'm not sure if I posted about myself yet so here's a little about me :smiley:

I'm 29 years old and a single mom to two boys (3 & 7). They truly are my inspiration in life. So much so that I am graduating with my Masters degree June 7th, 2018!! I could scream I am so excited. All of the stresses, hard work and sacrifices are paying off for y boys and I. This new year really marks the start to many new and wonderful things to come. Hence, the extra inspiration to really get this last 37 pounds off and FINALLY be a health BMI.

SO, like many I have always struggled with weigh and have literally been considered overweight since I was 10. My highest weight recorded was the day I went into labor with my youngest (11/6/14). I stepped on the scale and saw 253.5 lbs. I was in shock and new that with 2 kids that I would need to get more serious with my health considering a lengthy family history of all sorts of obesity related diseases. So, in 3 years since having my youngest I have SLOWLY lost about 71.5 lbs. And by slowly I mean 5-10 lbs here and there, maybe back up again and down again LOL. It is hard. I've faced so many challenges in the last 3 years and am finally feeling like I'm finding myself and my path in life.

With that all said (sorry for this being so long :blush: ), I am ready to commit to some actual specific goals.

I wear a Fitbit and am striving to hit 8000-10000+ steps daily, I am completing my 3rd round of Insanity Max 30 on BOD, and will make Saturday our family gym day at the Y! My goal with calories is to have at minimum a 750 calorie deficit daily plus 64-100 oz. of water.

I wish everyone luck in their fitness journeys and am super excited to be on this team!

• FitLifeCrossroads
    FitLifeCrossroads Posts: 57 Member
    Options

Tracking: Yes=Even have kept up with my H2O

Calories: Yes=I meal prepped all of my breakfasts, lunches and dinners for Tues.-Sun. :smiley:

Exercise: Yes= Completed a 35 minute walk at work today and did Insanity Max 30's Tabata Power (32 minutes). Also will be hitting my 10,000 steps today!
  • WhineThyme
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Hello, Team! Sorry I have been MIA. Technically I am still MIA, I just found a minute to sit down. My focus right now has been getting my son ready to spend 17 months in Germany. His flight leaves tomorrow at 8 pm. His last three semesters of his undergrad will be done at the European Business School in Wiesbaden, Germany, not too far from Frankfurt. I think we are ready...

It's quite understandable that you are focused on your son! Sounds like it will be a long 17 months for you. Hopefully, you can schedule a trip to visit him there and I'm guessing he will have some occasional, super anticipated trips back home. Have a terrific tomorrow with him!
  • motheroftwins95
    motheroftwins95 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Jan 2

Tracking - yes
    Calories - yes
    Exercise - yes (12,787 steps, 66 active minutes)
  • primekayprime
    Options
    Logged: Y!
    Calories: Y!
    Exercise: F Y!
  • Tracie_Lord
    Tracie_Lord Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Hey guys I'm new to this group and the challenge but not new to weight loss. I have yo0yoed for a long time. The time I am 12 weeks in and 28lbs down.

I always weigh in on a Friday but I see this group has Sunday weigh ins, does anyone mind if I stick to Fridays?

I actually weigh daily so can do sundays if that is easier I just need to understand how it works :)
  • SamanthaLouiseMence
    Options
    Hey guys I'm new to this group and the challenge but not new to weight loss. I have yo0yoed for a long time. The time I am 12 weeks in and 28lbs down.

I always weigh in on a Friday but I see this group has Sunday weigh ins, does anyone mind if I stick to Fridays?

I actually weigh daily so can do sundays if that is easier I just need to understand how it works :)

I weigh Fridays too - you can weigh any day that suits you :) x
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options

Yeah, Tracie, you're good. You already chose Friday as your weigh-in day, so that is what is on the spreadsheet! Everyone chooses their own preferred weigh-in day.
This discussion has been closed.