Replies

• ehisadu355
    ehisadu355 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    ehisadu355
    Starting weight: 292
    Weight day: Mondays
    Current weight: 291.8

Looking forward to the new year. Now that the holidays are over, Goal weight loss for this month is 15lbs.
  • eissacf25
    eissacf25 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I like @NationalCapital 's idea of planks, it's a great "all over" exercise, arms/chest/abs/butt etc. You can also do modified planks, if you aren't able to do the full plank yet. Could be a goal to work towards, see if by the end of the week if you can hold the full minute!

I love this weeks theme of drinking more water, that is one area I really struggle in! So far I've got 16 oz in! I have more catching up to do today lol
  • Ecowles675
    Ecowles675 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    eyer0ll wrote: »
    With all the water we are drinking this week, I suggest the unfortunately named potty squats. Do 5-10 squats every time you use the bathroom....easy to do indoors and if you do them quickly enough it will boost your heart rate for a few.

I LOVE potty squats!! I do them while I am at work. With drinking more water you get more squats in. I vary the type of squat (regular, ballet (on toes), wide leg) just to keep it interesting. On days when my legs are worn out I do wall push ups to keep moving.
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Username; 12774
    Weigh in week....Jan. Week 1
    Weigh in day......Tuesday
    Previous weight..190.1 lbs
    Today's weight...194.4lbs

Last year I lost 52 lbs but regained 4 lbs. I am now more motivated than ever to lose the last 15-20 lbs to reach my final goal by the end of June. These are my plans in order to accomplish my goal.

1) Continue with daily logging. ( This has given me the greatest incentive to my success) Day streak is now 1963
    2) Exercise 3-5 days a week. Take a class in yoga and incorporate strength training with my exercise routine.
    3)Eat 3-6 fruits and veges daily.
    4) Drink 6-8 glasses of water daily. No sodas,juices or alcohol beverages
    5) Cut down on snacking.( This is my biggest downfall)
    6) Take body measurements every 2 months.

I know I can do it!
  • QSMSH
    QSMSH Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    8 cups of water again today
  • shawna357
    shawna357 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    @Lesscookies1 glad to see you again this month.

@NationalCapital we are on the same wavelength. I was going to suggest we do a exercise we are not to fond of for the week and post which one. Plank is one of mine but I think that would be a great mini challenge to see who can do one for a minute.

@eyer0ll love the squatty potty exercise as well. So if we all agreed to keep the water challenge with our exercise mini challenge then we could do those and a one minute plank. What's everybody think?

@bisonpitcher I think taking a break is smart. I have always been told to listen to my body so I don't overdue it and hurt myself. Be safe on your travels.

@12774 Awesome dedication to logging and great goal.

Well I am slowly getting back into the swing of things. Trying to get the goodies out of my house from the holidays, so tonight is leftover night lol. I will probably not start logging my food until next week. I have to get back to that because it helped me stay on track be mindful of what I put in my mouth and help me keep track of my sodium, fat, and sugar intake. I did do Zumba this evening and have to left feet but since I am in the privacy of my own home, I can work on that. :wink:

Thank you to everyone posting their water intake and being active on the thread. It helps and encourages more than you know. I have drank 64oz. Hope everyone has a blessed evening.
  • zzzzia
    zzzzia Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I just got in the challenge and assigned to your team.
    I am a 37 years old nurse practitioner, a mother to 2 boys ( 18 months old and 3 years old).. they keep me busy!!
    I always put everyone else first but in 2018 I want to take time for me... I love to run so I try to go 3-4 times a week, mostly at night once the kiddos are asleep and daddy home to watch over. Working full time is not easy.
    I have lost all the pregnancy weight but have a good 60 lbs to lose to get back to my goal weight.
    Question for the captain: my WI day is on Mondays... so I guess I will post on next Monday? And my SW counts as week 1?
    Thanks!
  • 20KimmieKim16
    20KimmieKim16 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever tried the apple cider vinegar drink for weight loss?
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Everyone, you're doing so well with your water goals! I was hoping that today I would be able to get my 64oz in...didn't happen but I will only be off by 8oz.

Have a great night and a rocking Wednesday!
  • NationalCapital
    NationalCapital Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    3,000 mls of water and two one minute planks :smile:
    Cheers everyone
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options

I tried it for a month. I didn't see a difference. You have to dilute it. I started to get a sore throat from the acidity even when I diluted it. But it may have other positive health benefits.
    Options
    Went to the gym. Did water aerobics class for 75 mins.
    Drank 7 glasses of water.

Options

The only thing you will lose is your money.
  • aganey
    aganey Posts: 501 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Stayed under calories but only got in 5 glasses of water. Will try for 8 again tomorrow!
  • eyer0ll
    eyer0ll Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    64+ ozs. water and lots of squats. No planks (I hate them). Tomorrow.
  • 20KimmieKim16
    20KimmieKim16 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day!! Yesterday I went to the store to buy beans to make a chili and it looks like all the residents of FL beat me to it! I had to go to 3 different stores to find what I was looking for!! I got what I needed so I’m thankful for that! This turkey chili is gonna be so good!! And it’s packed with protein!
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options

@shockvalue07. My father drinks some apple cider vinegar each morning to help alleviate the affects of arthritis (he is 87 and it seems to work for him, but I do not know the reasons why).

In all my research, I have found no individual pill, supplement or "super food" that promotes weight loss over any other.

Most research points to a balanced diet with regular activity as the best way to lose weight (and keep it off). If you want to keep the weight off, whatever you do must be sustainable long term (not something you start and stop).

I found balancing macro's is the best way to find a long term diet that can keep you at a desired size without leaving you hungry.
This discussion has been closed.