TEAM: Flab u Less (January)

Options

Replies

• laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    zzzzia wrote: »
    Hi all! I just got in the challenge and assigned to your team.
    I am a 37 years old nurse practitioner, a mother to 2 boys ( 18 months old and 3 years old).. they keep me busy!!
    I always put everyone else first but in 2018 I want to take time for me... I love to run so I try to go 3-4 times a week, mostly at night once the kiddos are asleep and daddy home to watch over. Working full time is not easy.
    I have lost all the pregnancy weight but have a good 60 lbs to lose to get back to my goal weight.
    Question for the captain: my WI day is on Mondays... so I guess I will post on next Monday? And my SW counts as week 1?
    Thanks!

You can post your weight today and we can count that as week 1. And then you can weigh in on Mondays, or you can skip this week and weigh in on Monday. If you miss two weigh ins you are automatically removed from the spreadsheet
  • laurenebargar
    Options
    Everyone is doing awesome with their water goals!

Yesterday I got in 60 oz, my goal is 80 I will hopefully get there today!
  • Ecowles675
    Ecowles675 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Username: ecowles675
    Weigh in week: Jan week 1
    Weigh in day: Wed
    Previous Week's weight: 221
    Today's Weight: 219

I got in 72+ oz of water yesterday.
    Starting the planks today.

• MichelleRenee_76
    MichelleRenee_76 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Ready to start another round of losing some weight after a few weeks off. My name is Michelle. I work full time at a hospital and live in TN with my 3 teenagers, 1 tween, my husband, 2 cats, a dog, a hamster, a parakeet and several fish....we certainly have a full house! It's time to get serious and I am aiming to lose 40 lbs in the next 6 months. I am hoping that the motivation and support from this group will help me achieve this goal.
  • MichelleRenee_76
    Options
    eyer0ll wrote: »
    I like activity mini-challenges: doing x squats during the day, getting x steps, that kind of thing.

Me too. I vote for activity challenges!
  • 20KimmieKim16
    20KimmieKim16 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever tried the apple cider vinegar drink for weight loss?

@shockvalue07. My father drinks some apple cider vinegar each morning to help alleviate the affects of arthritis (he is 87 and it seems to work for him, but I do not know the reasons why).

In all my research, I have found no individual pill, supplement or "super food" that promotes weight loss over any other.

Most research points to a balanced diet with regular activity as the best way to lose weight (and keep it off). If you want to keep the weight off, whatever you do must be sustainable long term (not something you start and stop).

I found balancing macro's is the best way to find a long term diet that can keep you at a desired size without leaving you hungry.
    I don’t drink it everyday but I can see where it helps with the arthritis. I seem to feel better and have a little more energy when I do drink it, but I also seem to drink more water when I drink the vinegar. Who knows!!

• MichelleRenee_76
    Options
    aganey wrote: »
    I think adding an exercise mini challenge next week would be great! I know with this cold weather some of us are experiencing is keeping some people indoors so maybe something easily done in our home?

(By the way I’m in southeast Texas by the coast and it’s in the 20’s! It’s hardly ever this cold. Usually if it’s a cold winter, it’s in the 40’s for us! This weather is a stinker!)

Agree!
  • jackinorrie
    jackinorrie Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!

Here is a little update about me since I ‘disappeared’ :):)

I’m thrilled to say that I have seen a good loss this week. I was 196.8 the week before Christmas and weighed in at 194.0 Christmas Day. Today I am back in the 180’s, 189.8, and I am breathing a sigh of relief.

I’ve had some personal things going on in my life through the fall that really interfered with my ability to maintain the low-carb lifestyle that really really works for me. It would be great if they had some grab and go, or fast food low-carb choices at restaurants and convenient stores… But they really don’t have much. So for me to enjoy the low-carb lifestyle it involves a lot of cooking which I haven’t had the time to do. So anyway, to minimize my stress in the fall, I decided just to not think about it and eat when I needed to, when I needed to. And I have to say my stress was indeed lowered and I didn’t weigh in :wink:
    I went up from a low of 177 to that 196 number. :/

After Christmas I started paying attention to what went into my mouth and, as of today, I am on Day 3 of the initial period of low-carb detoxing. It is crazy how much abstaining from sugar generates so very much withdrawal. No wonder why everybody has such a hard time with it!! And just like childbirth, you don’t remember the actual pain you were in until you are forced to repeat it!! :)

OK, enough about me! I want to know how the first week of the challenge is going for you. Any successes or challenges you want to share…?

Xx- J
  • MichelleRenee_76
    Options

I’ve had some personal things going on in my life through the fall that really interfered with my ability to maintain the low-carb lifestyle that really really works for me. It would be great if they had some grab and go, or fast food low-carb choices at restaurants and convenient stores… But they really don’t have much. So for me to enjoy the low-carb lifestyle it involves a lot of cooking which I haven’t had the time to do. So anyway, to minimize my stress in the fall, I decided just to not think about it and eat when I needed to, when I needed to.

Same! I took off for a few weeks and it is surprising/upsetting at how fast you can put it back on!

• laurenebargar
    Options
    gkingbr wrote: »
    Username gkingbr
    Week 1
    Wednesday
    Last week 362.5
    This week 352.8

wow thats an insane drop! Great job!!
  • Dave4381
    Dave4381 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Evening all I'm Dave 36 from the UK. Prior to Christmas I lost 6 stone 7lb but over the Xmas period put 1 stone 2lb back on. So back on it now looking to lose another 5 stone (70lb)
  • zzzzia
    zzzzia Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Username: zzzzia
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Week 1 WI (starting weight): 219 lbs
  • T33na
    T33na Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Username:T33na
    Week 1
    Tuesday weigh-in
    Sw: 310
    This week: 309.6
  • eyer0ll
    eyer0ll Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    80 oz. water, two one-minute planks, approximately one billion squats today. Hope everyone is having a good week.
  • QSMSH
    QSMSH Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    4km night snowshoeing, day 3 of the plank challenge and 8 cups of water...night night
This discussion has been closed.