January 2018 Challenge

Options

Replies

• downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I’m getting married this year - looking forward to doing this :)

CW 170
    GW 140

Oh congratulations! You can do this!
  • TiffanyP0714
    TiffanyP0714 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    First check-in! F/29/5’

12/31- 182.2
    01/07-
    01/14-
    01/21-
    01/28-

My goal for 2018 (before I turn 30 in Dec) is to lose about 40-50lbs!
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    @TiffanyP0714 @krystlestar00 great to see you still.... :) and krystle I'm with you about savory over sweet, don't put me anywhere near cashew nuts etc!

Welcome to the new challengers and congratulations on babies, weddings and just joining in! :D
  • PrettyGurl2008
    PrettyGurl2008 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good morning and Happy New Year to all! I am not new to MFP but am new to the keto diet.
    Please feel free to add me. I could use as much encouragement as possible. Stress is what has been keeping me from reaching my goal. I would like to lose 60 lbs in 2018 and more if possible.

HW:300 CW: 260.2 GW: 150

12/31: 260.2 :(

01/07
    01/14
    01/21
    01/28
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    Good morning and Happy New Year to all! I am not new to MFP but am new to the keto diet.
    Please feel free to add me. I could use as much encouragement as possible. Stress is what has been keeping me from reaching my goal. I would like to lose 60 lbs in 2018 and more if possible.

HW:300 CW: 260.2 GW: 150

12/31: 260.2 :(

01/07
    01/14
    01/21
    01/28

Welcome! Just ask any questions here or in the discussions part of the Keto group and there will be lots of encouragement and help. Good luck this week!!
  • mmbeach3610
    mmbeach3610 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Selendraco wrote: »

I swear I need someone to cook for me and swat things out of my hands.
    :s

I just had this conversation with my husband yesterday! If he sees me eating something I'm not supposed to be eating, he's been instructed to swat it out of my hands, ninja style! :smile:

• 1111fpk
    1111fpk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in need to lose last 20lbs . two years in 145lbs lost
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    1111fpk wrote: »
    I'm in need to lose last 20lbs . two years in 145lbs lost

Welcome, just post your current weight and off we go. Excellently well done thus far by the way!
  • Figaver
    Figaver Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I will try to keep up this challenge. I had gotten down to 250, but after taking the last 2 weeks off and eating and drinking whatever I wanted, I wasn’t surprised by my number this morning. I suspect I’ll lose quite a few pounds quickly to start because of that. My goal will be to lose 12 pounds this month. Not sure if I’ll weigh in every week or just once a month, but I’ll be here reading everyone’s posts trying to keep my motivation up.
    01/01- 260.3
    01/07-
    01/14-
    01/21-
    01/28-
  • futuremrsgutter
    futuremrsgutter Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started Keto 5 days ago. The first 2 days were hard fighting the sugar cravings. I will say that after reading and educating myself before stating helped me. I recommend "the complete ketogenic diet for beginners" is AWESOME! Buy keto strips! They help motivate by showing where my body is on the ketosis scale.
    12/28 SW 265
    GW 240 (I find smaller incremental goals keep me motivated)
  • LadySlimMcFancyPants
    Options
    (I find smaller incremental goals keep me motivated)

I totally agree! I was doing mine in increments of 10. Now I do them in increments of 11 just because I like the numbers better lol (255, 244, 233, etc.) I started at 290 and those increments are life savers when I have to get all the way to 165. Down 55 so far with 70 to go! Good luck to you on your journey!!! Happy New Year!

• LisaMullins1961
    LisaMullins1961 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all, Happy New Year! I just started out on keto's 5 days ago, and have lost 6 lbs so far. Would like to find out more about the challenge, and get on board. More fun when you do it with friends :)
  • EMMketo
    EMMketo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Checking in. Looking forward to the start of a new me. :)

01/01- 277.6
    01/07-
    01/14-
    01/21-
    01/28-
  • HaideeJo13
    HaideeJo13 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year!!! Gonna start hitting the gym. My goals are going to be much smaller now. I'm nervous I will get discouraged once I start working out because the numbers are going to slow down. So I'm gonna take pictures to make sure I can still see a difference. I was 146 yesterday. My goal for the month is to get to 140. But if i start getting my butt back that will be achievement enough haha
  • lindsayann2
    lindsayann2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all! Checking in and hoping to lose my LAST 15 this year!!

12/31 CW 152
    GW 135

01/07
    01/14
    01/21
    01/28
  • LisaMullins1961
    LisaMullins1961 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I started Keto 5 days ago. The first 2 days were hard fighting the sugar cravings. I will say that after reading and educating myself before stating helped me. I recommend "the complete ketogenic diet for beginners" is AWESOME! Buy keto strips! They help motivate by showing where my body is on the ketosis scale.
    12/28 SW 265
    GW 240 (I find smaller incremental goals keep me motivated)

I used the keto strips while doing Atkins years ago, and have decided not to use them this time around. They are not always accurate, you have to use them at the right time and people get obsessive about it. Just know if you are doing the diet as it should be done, the weight will come off. I started 5 days ago getting back onto the Keto train. I did it slowly just because I knew that this works better for me. I had surgery back in May and took some time to heal. Did not gain any weight back although the scales would bounce up and down a few pounds which are common anyway. For me, the scales and measuring tell the story of how you are doing. My scales keep me accountable. And the inches lost and how my clothes feel makes me excited to keep going. I am down 6 lbs as of this morning. So this tickles me pink :smiley:
    Congratulations on the getting into Ketos, after you get through the first few weeks you will not be disappointed.
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    Good Morning all, Happy New Year! I just started out on keto's 5 days ago, and have lost 6 lbs so far. Would like to find out more about the challenge, and get on board. More fun when you do it with friends :)

Hi all you need to do is post your weight! We usually try to post Sundays but some people post other days, depends on what suits, others may decide just to post at the beginning and the end, up to you, the great thing is there is lots of support and having to, or at least feeling I should, post keeps me motivated and more or less on track! I think that's the case for lots of us! Good luck, you've made a nice start o:)
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    EMMketo wrote: »
    Checking in. Looking forward to the start of a new me. :)

01/01- 277.6
    01/07-
    01/14-
    01/21-
    01/28-
    This is a great start, the support here helps so ask any questions and good luck this week!
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    Figaver wrote: »
    I will try to keep up this challenge. I had gotten down to 250, but after taking the last 2 weeks off and eating and drinking whatever I wanted, I wasn’t surprised by my number this morning. I suspect I’ll lose quite a few pounds quickly to start because of that. My goal will be to lose 12 pounds this month. Not sure if I’ll weigh in every week or just once a month, but I’ll be here reading everyone’s posts trying to keep my motivation up.
    01/01- 260.3
    01/07-
    01/14-
    01/21-
    01/28-

You're correct; that weight should come off quickly which will be motivating in it's own right!
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    Hey y'all! Checking in and hoping to lose my LAST 15 this year!!

12/31 CW 152
    GW 135

01/07
    01/14
    01/21
    01/28

Sounds amazing to be at last 15lbs, well done!