• PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I took a rest day yesterday.
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Hugs @PackerFanInGB Get well soon.

Well done everyone! Keep up the good work.

I walked 5 1/2 hours at Sea World. 8000 steps.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    Hugs @PackerFanInGB Get well soon.

Well done everyone! Keep up the good work.

I walked 5 1/2 hours at Sea World. 8000 steps.

Walking at Sea World sounds like a lot of fun!
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    @themedalist It was. I try to sit the minimum. It worth it.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    I know it's Thursday, but because i had yesterday off it feels like a Monday! Anyway, I'm using the Stand Up app to remind me to get up and move every 30 minutes again today. I'm thinking of taking an actual lunch hour (usually eat at my desk) and going to the mall or somewhere where I can get some slow walking in without sweating in my work clothes! :mrgreen: I purchased a pelvic stabilizer belt to help me get some walking in with minimal damage to my hip, so I'm hoping it helps. Physical Therapist said I can walk up to 15 minutes a day if I wear it. I know that is a very small amount of time, but it's a start...

P.S. I know I sound like I'm whining, and I want to apologize because I really am not meaning it that way. I just like to keep posting in here to be accountable and not become complacent with doing nothing. I have been struggling with joint pain for so long that I am just frustrated and I appreciate you not judging me! This is such a great group! Hugs.
  • themedalist
    Options
    I know it's Thursday, but because i had yesterday off it feels like a Monday! Anyway, I'm using the Stand Up app to remind me to get up and move every 30 minutes again today. I'm thinking of taking an actual lunch hour (usually eat at my desk) and going to the mall or somewhere where I can get some slow walking in without sweating in my work clothes! :mrgreen: I purchased a pelvic stabilizer belt to help me get some walking in with minimal damage to my hip, so I'm hoping it helps. Physical Therapist said I can walk up to 15 minutes a day if I wear it. I know that is a very small amount of time, but it's a start...

P.S. I know I sound like I'm whining, and I want to apologize because I really am not meaning it that way. I just like to keep posting in here to be accountable and not become complacent with doing nothing. I have been struggling with joint pain for so long that I am just frustrated and I appreciate you not judging me! This is such a great group! Hugs.

@PackerFanInGB, I think it’s fantastic that you are finding a way to walk with the OK of your physical therapist. Any amount of exercise is worthwhile....and you won’t be surprised to hear me say this, but 15 minutes a day of walking is 91 hours of walking per year. That’s a lot of walking!

You are not whining in the least! Please use our group to be accountable to yourself. I am very sorry to hear you continue to have joint pain. I don’t know if this would be helpful, but when I had severe hip arthritis (in the month or two before I got a new hip) one exercise I could do without pain was the elliptical. At that point I couldn’t walk without a cane or walker, so I’d take my walker into Planet Fitness and park it next to the elliptical. Ever so carefully, I’d get on to the elliptical and then start moving...with no pain! I could get my heart rate up too. While the elliptical is low impact, it’s still a good workout. Just thought it might be helpful to you.

Please continue to check in with us. We care!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,904 Member
    Options

Not whining at all! Being accountable is important especially when you are struggling.

BTW, I used to have a 2 hour gap in the middle of the day between shifts at the tutoring center. I loved sneaking away to the Mall to get in a good walk in the cool.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @themedalist and @77tes Thank you for the encouragement.

I hadn't thought about trying the elliptical...probably because I am afraid I couldn't make it more than 2 minutes on one. But I do have a membership to Planet Fitness, so I think perhaps I will try it. I have to tell you, @themedalist, it is so inspiring to me that you were in that much pain, walking with a walker or cane, and yet you STILL went to the gym. That is amazing to me. I need to try harder! It is so easy to get frustrated and feel like giving up, yet although I feel that way some days, I know it isn't really what I want to do. So, I persist... :smile:

Have a great weekend!
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB like you I use to be afraid of the elliptical and now I can do an hour easy breezy!! You will get there. You will see.
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    Today I rode my bike for 5 miles and did 15 minutes of strength.
  • themedalist
    Options
    ‪I’m writing a song for my mom’s upcoming birthday. Haven’t been able to get the words right for one critical verse. So I did what I do when I need a solution to a problem: I went for a walk! Now I’ve got the verse! Brains don’t function as well plunked in a chair. My #MoveItMonday reminder.‬

faunoyo72l2c.jpeg
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB like you I use to be afraid of the elliptical and now I can do an hour easy breezy!! You will get there. You will see.

Thank you for sharing! I will give it a try. I hope I can do at least 2 minutes! That thing is so intimidating! :)
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    I have PT on back and hip tonight but brought my stabilizer belt so planning to take 15 minute walk at store during lunch and then using Stand Up app again today to remind myself to get out of my chair and away from desk every 30 minutes.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Morning yoga and deep cleaning today.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,904 Member
    Options
    Short walk this morning.
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options

Thank you for sharing! I will give it a try. I hope I can do at least 2 minutes! That thing is so intimidating! :)

It is very intimidating. I am able to use my ipad and watch a show on Netflix. Time flies
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    I went to see the Orthopedic surgeon today for the hip pain. I now have an appointment next week to see a Pain & Spine doctor and get an MRI. Ortho thinks I have two separate issues going and that both he and the Pain & Spine doctor may have to work together to try to get me walking better and with less pain. He thinks I have a labrum tear in my hip joint which he can operate on, but he also thinks I have a pinched nerve by my lumbar spine which is affecting the muscles in my left leg and causing muscle wasting. I'm not gonna lie. I felt defeated when I left. I drove to a parking lot, parked my car, called my husband and cried. I'm trying so hard to get healthy. But like my husband said...we can get through anything together, and he says I beat cancer and this isn't cancer, so we got this. I sure hope he's right. I'm feeling really discouraged today.
  • themedalist
    Options
    I went to see the Orthopedic surgeon today for the hip pain. I now have an appointment next week to see a Pain & Spine doctor and get an MRI. Ortho thinks I have two separate issues going and that both he and the Pain & Spine doctor may have to work together to try to get me walking better and with less pain. He thinks I have a labrum tear in my hip joint which he can operate on, but he also thinks I have a pinched nerve by my lumbar spine which is affecting the muscles in my left leg and causing muscle wasting. I'm not gonna lie. I felt defeated when I left. I drove to a parking lot, parked my car, called my husband and cried. I'm trying so hard to get healthy. But like my husband said...we can get through anything together, and he says I beat cancer and this isn't cancer, so we got this. I sure hope he's right. I'm feeling really discouraged today.

Oh, @PackerFanInGB, BIG hugs. I know how defeated you must feel. But honestly, I think this is good news because your doctors have identified a path forward. As your husband said, you beat cancer and you will conquer this too.

Yesterday was the one year anniversary of my left hip replacement. Now, every step I take, be it meandering through the woods or walking around my workplace, is done on two artificial hips (the right hip was replaced in 2013). I really understand what it’s like to want to walk and exercise and be limited by joint pain. I benefited tremendously by modern orthopedic medicine. It gave me my active life back. And I believe that it’s going to do the same for you! <3<3
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @themedalist You are absolutely right. I need to focus on being grateful that these doctors are finally taking me seriously. I've been trying to get help for 7 years with this pain. It really felt like another step backward yesterday. Today, however, although I really don't want any more surgery or to be off work, I really DO want to take back my health. I really need to move forward with my life. So this really is a good thing. Thank you so much for your insightful words. I am SO happy for you, that you have been given back your active life. What a wonderful gift! It doesn't seem like it's been a year already! xoxo
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    Walked 2.74 miles today