2018 Move It Monday Challenge

Options

Replies

• HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    30 minutes on the Elliptical and 20 minutes doing Arms and Abs on the weight machines. The elliptical made me break out into a great sweat! It felt wonderful! Lol.
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    After being really sick for 2 weeks I managed to get out for a 30 min. walk today. Then when I was sitting for lunch I basically fell asleep. So I got up and went for a nap. Looks like I'm not fully well but it felt great to be outside moving.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,816 Member
    Options
    Great Moving Monday. I started with my march around the backyard, then met my sister for a Curves workout, then I took a 40 minute hike in an open space by work, then I added several shorter walks. 135 active minutes today.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    After being really sick for 2 weeks I managed to get out for a 30 min. walk today. Then when I was sitting for lunch I basically fell asleep. So I got up and went for a nap. Looks like I'm not fully well but it felt great to be outside moving.

@bcTRAI, hopefully there was sunshine when you walked outside. That always makes me feel better.

But I’m sorry to hear you are still sick. You really have taken a hit the last few weeks! Feel better soon!
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    @themedalist thank-you, yes, it was gorgeous and sunny, though cold. I've been slowly getting more done each day. This was the first day I've been able to do any type of exercise. I'm very thankful I didn't end up with pneumonia this time around so I'll just continue to take it slow.
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    @Zulu87 sorry to hear about your headache. Do you suffer from headaches a lot? I am taking my daughter today to have her iron levels checked. She recently donated blood and was told her iron was low. Just sharing so that you can maybe rule it out. Mine are mostly caused by my pre diabetes or stress.
  • Zulu87
    Zulu87 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    @Zulu87 sorry to hear about your headache. Do you suffer from headaches a lot? I am taking my daughter today to have her iron levels checked. She recently donated blood and was told her iron was low. Just sharing so that you can maybe rule it out. Mine are mostly caused by my pre diabetes or stress.

Thanks for the info It's something worth looking into. I usually get them around my period and when I have been stressed and grinding my teeth at night. Feeling better today
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Did a half an hour on the Hill setting on the treadmill at the gym. Worked up a nice sweat. I think I might go later for some weight training. I just couldn't bring myself to do it this morning. Lol
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I missed today because of things going on at home, but I'll be up early tomorrow for Masters Swim group.
  • 77tes
    Options
    I did my Monday Curves workout with my sister and I added 15 minutes of soft jogging - that was enough for my knees. I also took a couple short walks. I got a total of 101 active minutes.
  • 77tes
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    I missed today because of things going on at home, but I'll be up early tomorrow for Masters Swim group.

I wish my daughters could find a Masters Swim group near us. They miss swimming.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I missed today also. I plan to make tomorrow my "Monday" :)
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone!!! This challenge has definitely worked for me! Just getting up a few minutes earlier and you're away! Thank you Denise!
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Walked 20 minutes and did 15 on the elliptical! Lets do this!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    30 min yoga
    1 Leslie Mile
    18 holes of golf
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    Two 20 minute sessions on the treadmill!
  • Zulu87
    Zulu87 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Did a quick walk at lunch!
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    I am so glad to see this thread continuing on. I am grateful for this Move it Monday challenge and the informative resources. It has been encouraging to purposely think about starting my week off well. Especially when I didn't really want to, like today :p .

My catch up post:
    For Move it Monday February 12: I moved for (more than) 90 minutes deep cleaning and decluttering,
    For Move it Monday February 19: 60 minutes doing 3 miles from 3 Fast Fun Walks with extra cool down and stretches including Flexibility Walk
    Today for Move it Monday February 26: 60 minutes doing 4 miles from 5 Boosted Miles.

I really liked this vertically running challenge. It made me more aware of starting my week out well, realizing now how that can impact the rest of my week. I also started keeping track of my total minutes of exercise per day/ week to work towards at least meeting the public health recommendation to exercise 150 minutes at a moderate pace per week. I had several rough days this month that I knew that I could workout for at least 30 minutes and still be on track for at least my minimal weekly goal. I also needed some extra rest days this month, and I was able to easily factor that into the weekly goal now that I had actual number goals to work towards.

Are we going to continue to post our vertical Move it Monday workouts here beyond February? Just wondering.

:flowerforyou: