Replies

• k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

exercise.png

14th: 1 miles - MTD 64.5
    15th: 6.25 miles, 3.07m running, 3.18m purposeful walking - MTD 70.75

A very slow day yesterday sat in the car. Upside was a fabulous visit and lunch with my SiL and her hubby. The day before .... listless and full of cold, barely managed my constitutional walk into town (so I’ve not included the full distance).
    @clepant - the twins are so sweet

ETA
    I recently had a review with my GP which included blood screening. It seems my cholesterol ratios are edging towards too high. The nurse rang me to talk about lifestyle changes to improve the ratios. She asked if I could increase my exercise. When I said “I don’t think so” she went to great pains to explain the benefits. She then responded to my “I run 3/4 times a week, 50/60m a month in winter” with “ ....you run .... oh”. Then when I said 2 hours of Pilates and 1 hour of body Pump” she said “... you run...”.
    She agreed that I did plenty of exercise and I laughed, a lot :D:D:D
  • power0304
    power0304 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    February 1 - 14 km run/6 km stairmarster
    February 2 - 18 km run / strength training
    February 3 - 6 km run / 21 km walk
    February 4 - 5 km club run
    February 5 - 10 km run / 5 km stairmarster
    February 6 - rest day
    February 7 - 11 km run / 7 km walk
    February 8 - 10 km walk
    February 9 - rest day
    February 10-10 km stairmar/strengthtraining
    February 11 - 15 km run/stairmarster
    February 12 - 14 km run/strength training
    February 13 - 16 km run / boot camp
    February 14 - 7 km run / 5 km stairmarster
    February 15 - 10 km run

190 km - goal 300 km
  • micheleg1965
    micheleg1965 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    2/1- walked 3.92 miles
    2/2- walked 1.72 miles
    2/3- walked 1.00 miles
    2/4- walked .46 miles
    2/5- walked 4.27 miles
    2/6- walked 5.31 miles
    2/7- walked 4.21 miles
    2/8- walked 4.65 miles
    2/10- walked 1.05 miles
    2/11- walked 5.03 miles
    2/12- walked 5.74 miles
    2/13- walked 5.03 miles
    2/14- walked 4.65 miles
    2/15- walked 4.14 miles.
    51.18/ 90 total miles

• amazsplendor
    amazsplendor Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    14 Feb 3.58 miles
    15 Feb 3.26 miles

exercise.png

MTD 71.49
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,337 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

@PDFRAZIER08 - No worries! Glad to see you've been busy! :star:

@KAR328 - 70F?? That sounds like awesome motorcycling....er um....ANYTHING* weather!! :smiley:

@VHUBER - Win!! :smiley:

@LEANZ - Take it super easy tomorrow and listen to your body. Good luck!

@K80FLEC - YES, you DO run!!! :wink:

Glad to see so many of you moving and mostly enjoying it, save for the various aches and pains that come along with it. I've been doing really well for the last month and a half with being super regular with my workouts and I'm still waiting for my body to feel much, much better that it does! :lol: I did 6.0 miles on the stationary bike today, about 0.5 mile on the StairMaster (medieval torture device!!), and a 0.5 mile cooldown walk on the treadmill.

My Valentine's gifts from my Sweetie were for the motorcycle, yet still very heartfelt and romantic. :heart: She sent a picture that an artist sketched with a pencil and then it was turned into an etching on a cover for the side of the engine. I love it. It has our names and "Est. 2015", the year we met. She loves riding on the bike just as much as I do and for me, I enjoy it even more when we're together. The other smaller cover with the USMC logo on it is pretty awesome too! They're both mirror-like finish and super-shiny. She's the best. :blush:

Dave

rI85m5.png

agyx9uorb8bf.jpeg
  • k80flec
    Options
    What lovely gifts @Dave - you both look gorgeous. I hope you were equally romantic. It’s fab to see you posting that you’re doing more too. As for the aches and pains, I refuse to accept that they are an age thing.

At our recent club awards night, look what I got .... my Bronze standard. I’m sooooo proud of me!!

hebzl0emz9fo.jpeg
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,842 Member
    Options
    2/15
    16.19 miles
    2/16
    13.63 miles
    379.48 miles MTD
  • power0304
    Options
    February 6 - rest day
    February 8 - 10 km walk
    February 9 - rest day
    February 15 - 10 km run
    February 16 - strength training
    February 17 - 14 km run/10 km stairmarster

214 km - goal 300 km
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    k80flec wrote: »

ETA
    I recently had a review with my GP which included blood screening. It seems my cholesterol ratios are edging towards too high. The nurse rang me to talk about lifestyle changes to improve the ratios. She asked if I could increase my exercise. When I said “I don’t think so” she went to great pains to explain the benefits. She then responded to my “I run 3/4 times a week, 50/60m a month in winter” with “ ....you run .... oh”. Then when I said 2 hours of Pilates and 1 hour of body Pump” she said “... you run...”.
    She agreed that I did plenty of exercise and I laughed, a lot :D:D:D

First, congrats on your medal and numbers, that's impressive.

Second, the above was perfect timing. I have my physical in a few weeks. I emailed them today to ask about certain labs I wanted drawn as well as how long I have to be fasting. My appt is 2pm and I'll be working all day (as well as boot camp class that morning). I spoke to the nurse (weird to talk to the one who does the exact same job that I do) and she said fasting wasn't extremely necessary, but it may up my triglycerides a bit. she looked at my labs and since they've been within normal limits for a while now, we both decided it didn't really make a difference (but the idea of no food wouldn't be a pretty one). I got a laugh out of it since not too long ago all my cholesterol, triglycerides, HDL and LDL weren't normal. It's both the diet changes and the exercise. I'd have loved to do it today, HIIT class was harder than usual ("it didn't seem that hard on paper" - the instructor who's also my trainer) and I burned a lot more calories than normal.

Adding 1.7 miles from the class and laps before it.

exercise.png

• anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options
    02/15 - 23.0 miles turbo trainer
    02/16 - 23.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 327.0 miles

exercise.png
  • alyssa_a21
    alyssa_a21 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Mtd: 49.49
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    51.88 so far

exercise.png

• amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Bit of push on the bike today as have been down with the flu.
    exercise.png
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,842 Member
    Options
    2/07
    22.05 miles
    401.53 miles MTD
  • future_rockstar
    future_rockstar Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Current MTD 14.4/56. Haven't been out in over a week thanks to the lovely flu that's around.
  • k80flec
    Options

exercise.png

16th: 4.25 miles - MTD 75.00
    17th: 10 miles, 4.83 m running, 5.17 m purposeful walking - MTD 85.00

@kar328 - I was surprised that my blood test had been non fasting, the nurse said that was no longer necessary. I agree - it makes me smile too - 40 plus pounds ago blood pressure, cholesterol, the works -they were all in a poor way. Haven’t we done well, losing the weight, changing our lifestyle, getting off the meds <3o:)<3 When is your 4 miler?
    Parkrun today, followed by another couple of miles. I have a 10k at the weekend that I don’t feel prep’d for ... then a 10 miler four weeks later.
    @Leanz - how’s your recovery going? The ankle?
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,294 Member
    Options
    2/15 3.25 miles
    2/16 0

As of 2/16 118 miles of 150 miles

exercise.png

• power0304
    Options
    February 6 - rest day
    February 8 - 10 km walk
    February 9 - rest day
    February 15 - 10 km run
    February 16 - strength training
    February 17 - 14 km run/10 km stairmarster
    February 18 - 5 km club run / 5km walk

224 km - goal 300 km
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,399 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @k80flec: I am done with cholesterol tests. Went through the same crap and was told the same things. Now I told them, no more. I think their mission is to put everyone on cholesterol reducing drugs no matter what the results.
    Congrats on your bronze award. Awesome effort gal!
    @Dave: What a beautiful gift!

I just held my 25th and final Jump Rope for Heart event at my school this past week for the American Heart Association. We still have donations coming in till this Tuesday but we smashed our record this year. Our prior record was $26,915.00 and we are currently at $28,225.00. My school has raised over $305,000.00 in 25 years. My coordinator told me that our school has the highest online increase in donations in the country for this year. What a nice way to finish my career.

Feb. 16 and 17: Lost my internet last night so logging two days. From 40’s yesterday and flooding to 2 inches of snow today, to 70’s and more flooding on Monday. This weather is just crazy.
    Adding 21 miles of walking 10 miles, walk/jog of 3 miles and 8 miles on the bike.
    TTD:179 miles

exercise.png

• kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    k80flec wrote: »
    @kar328 - I was surprised that my blood test had been non fasting, the nurse said that was no longer necessary. I agree - it makes me smile too - 40 plus pounds ago blood pressure, cholesterol, the works -they were all in a poor way. Haven’t we done well, losing the weight, changing our lifestyle, getting off the meds <3o:)<3 When is your 4 miler?
    Parkrun today, followed by another couple of miles. I have a 10k at the weekend that I don’t feel prep’d for ... then a 10 miler four weeks later.

From what I understand the way of thinking for statins is to calculate your risk of cardiac disease in the next ten years by some algorithm, rather than saying your cholesterol is over 200, herer's your prescription. My doctor says he'd treat it if it was 7% or higher and my one from last year was at 0.6%.

The four miler is April 21st. It'll be my third year doing it. Last year I ended up walking some of it, I tried to keep up with my trainer and one of her other clients (tall, thin, perfect, who thinks she struggles :angry: ) and went too fast. I'm trying to work on the jealousy mind games for this one and may just have to start well behind them, so their running past me won't be an issue. There's a colorectal 5K in March I may do, I did it two years ago, one of the guys in my gym classes is a survivor. I skipped last year's due to my achilles and luckily I did, something happened with the route directions and they all ended up running over a mile extra.

No miles to add today, but did a TRX class where we did a lot of moves standing on top of a BOSU ball. My core went WTF Karen?

This discussion has been closed.