Following Fuhrman in February!

Options
12346»

Replies

• Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,955 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Breakfast and lunch same as yesterday, except I added a big handful of arugula to my salad. Dinner was water sauteed turnip greens with garlic and balsamic. I wasn't thrilled. They were very bitter. I'm just trying out different greens to try to expand my tastes a bit beyond the usual kale, collards and chard. I stumbled across this the other day and thinking it's time to add watercress to the rotation. http://www.eatthis.com/10-superfoods-healthier-than-kale/

I also made some tofu that turned out well. I just cubed it and "fried" in a non-stick skillet until browned, then added a little coconut aminos and no-salt seasoning and cooked a few minutes longer. Simple and tasty.

Really wanted to get on the scale this morning to see how I'm doing. I can already tell a difference in my clothes, but I am making myself wait until Monday. I don't want to get into that mindset where the scale is my reward, because the scale is fickle.

ETA: also had a pear after dinner with a wasa cracker and a dab of natural peanut butter. The pear was so good!
  • Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    It was a gorgeous day out today and Joe got home early enough that we had time to fit in a walk before dinner. It feels like spring! Dinner tonight was a mushroom barley bowl with creamy basil dressing.

Yesterday marked a full month of eating on plan, and no snacks in the evening. I'm feeling so good about that.

hj7n7k8ho3gw.jpg
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Hi, Eating is all off. Soup and green smoothies. Still sick. :(
  • Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,955 Member
    Options
    Tasty looking bowl Carla... I haven't made barley in a while should have some soon.

Donna, sorry to hear you are still sick. Probably don't feel like cooking right now but I swear by this soup: http://ohsheglows.com/2012/11/07/spiced-red-lentil-tomato-and-kale-soup/ It's one of my favorites and it always makes me feel better when I have a cold. Just leave out the oil to make it ETL compliant.
  • CoffeeandHumblePie
    CoffeeandHumblePie Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Feel better soon, Donna! No fun to be sick. :/

Carla, the creamy basil dressing looks tasty!

I dropped my salad spinner lid on my foot last night. Couldn't bear weight on my big toe this morning. Since we're leaving for the weekend I decided I should get it checked. No broken bones, just a nasty deep bruise. No walking for exercise for 1-2 weeks but I can do stationary workouts. I've got veggies & hummus packed, as well as some vegan bites (chocolate oatmeal peanut butter and coconut chocolate date). These will at least keep bad snacking to a minimum. Planning to eat salads when we go out. Oatmeal at the hotel.

Have a great weekend!