Rohit's OMAD Weight loss journey

Options
124»

Replies

• rs2332
    rs2332 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I just watched Joe's splurge day video. Can someone who has done this and seen result give some insight on how this helped get over your plateau please? Thanks!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    See Brenda's thread :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    rs2332 wrote: »
    Question to experienced OMAD fasters :

I have been eating these three things listed below during my fasting window and wondering if will hinder my progress.

1) Medium sized apple
    2) Salt Free crackers - 3 pieces
    3) 1/4 th cup milk in coffee

That's not much calorie wise so if you need that to keep going, I think it is a good trade-off. My problem is I can't snack. It wakes my stomach up and then I get really hungry and then it is all over. The only think that doesn't effect me like that is coconut oil. I think it would be better not to do that but it is worth it if it keeps you going. I do notice, I will eat more in the evenings usually if I have lunch than when I don't. I think it stretches my stomach. What you ate won't do that though. If your not losing, I would focus on how much your eating in your evening meal because that is where most of your calories are coming from.
  • rs2332
    Options
    Yesterday I planned a splurge day and ate at a Mexican restaurant for dinner. I did not count calories or sweat about things. It was followed by some great authentic bengali sweets and little ice cream. A good mental break. Curious to see the changes during today's weigh in
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Don't let the number on the scale bother you, I hope the splurge helps your plateau :smile:
  • rs2332
    edited February 2018
    Options
    It actually did! I am down a pound today and woke up leaner. What witch craft is this???? Haha
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    LOL it's funny how the body reacts isn't it?! #OMADFORTHEWIN
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Congrats - yep it is wicked easy :)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »

I have been eating these three things listed below during my fasting window and wondering if will hinder my progress.

1) Medium sized apple

That's not much calorie wise so if you need that to keep going, I think it is a good trade-off. My problem is I can't snack. It wakes my stomach up and then I get really hungry and then it is all over. The only think that doesn't effect me like that is coconut oil. I think it would be better not to do that but it is worth it if it keeps you going. I do notice, I will eat more in the evenings usually if I have lunch than when I don't. I think it stretches my stomach. What you ate won't do that though. If your not losing, I would focus on how much your eating in your evening meal because that is where most of your calories are coming from.

Love this, Bob, "it wakes my stomach up"!! That's exactly what a snack does to me too... I think it's what Steph said about the insulin release that does the waking up.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    blambo61 wrote: »

1) Medium sized apple

Love this, Bob, "it wakes my stomach up"!! That's exactly what a snack does to me too... I think it's what Steph said about the insulin release that does the waking up.

Do NOT awaken the BEAST!
  • rs2332
    Options
    Weekly weight in I am hovering around 188 :) used another splurge day yesterday and it seems to be helping me mentally. Staying on point with omad during the week!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Weekly weight in I am hovering around 188 :) used another splurge day yesterday and it seems to be helping me mentally. Staying on point with omad during the week!

NICE!
  • rs2332
    Options
    I am loving the mental clarity when i am in the fasting window. Its something i have grown to enjoy a lot!
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    I am loving the mental clarity when i am in the fasting window. Its something i have grown to enjoy a lot!

Awesome!!! :)
  • rs2332
    Options
    I had to go to India for 3 weeks since my father passed away. I am back now and starting omad again. I couldn't fast while I was there with so many things going on. Any tips on how to get rite back into OMAD or does it take a few days of 2mad to get back into pure OMAD?
  • ArizonaToast
    ArizonaToast Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I have no advice as I am trying to get back into the routine of 2mad. I just read through your thread. Sounds like you were having success. Condolences about your father.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Sorry for your loss :(

I would just jump right back into OMAD but that's just my opinion, you do what feels good for you. Good luck!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    So sorry about your father :(
    IMO I think you should try to listen to your body to determine whether you should restart right away or need to transition. Dealing with situations like death can put a lot of stress on your body without you realizing it, and fasting does, too. I would probably have intentions of jumping back in, but if I found myself unbearably hungry instead of just the unpleasant hunger that comes with reducing intake, I would allow myself a snack until my hunger naturally readjusts.