TEAM: Gutbusters (March)

Options

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    March 15:
    Exercise: yes (pushed the speed up on a treadmill to get out of the rain)
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: yes
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise 60 min walking
    Fasting
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    March 15:

@concordancia. This reads like the treadmill was in the rain and somehow increasing it's speed moved it. :)
  • concordancia
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »
    March 15:

@concordancia. This reads like the treadmill was in the rain and somehow increasing it's speed moved it. :)

@craigo3154 , bwaahhaaa, evidently I have been expressing myself poorly all day! There was rain, so I went to the gym to use the treadmill, which has the added benefit of telling me that I am walking at 3.0mph and inspires me to see how much faster I can go without stressing my lower back :)
  • craigo3154
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »
    March 15:

@craigo3154 , bwaahhaaa, evidently I have been expressing myself poorly all day! There was rain, so I went to the gym to use the treadmill, which has the added benefit of telling me that I am walking at 3.0mph and inspires me to see how much faster I can go without stressing my lower back :)

@concordancia. Really glad you can exercise with stressing your lower back.

The original post was an interesting mental picture (which I just had to comment on). My understanding was something different (like by going faster on the treadmill you could compensate for rain affected outdoor activities (like cycling, running or walking) that needed to be cut short).

You express yourself better in English than I do in German :) (Learning German to help my daughter who is studying German at school - Ich spreche ein bisschen Deutsch aber nicht sehr gut).
  • concordancia
    Options
    @craigo3154 , try having some alcohol. The lowered inhibitions work for conversational second language, although I expect it might be less useful for homework :wink:
  • alydanbeads
    alydanbeads Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Username: alydanbeads
    Weigh in Week: Week 2
    Weigh in Day: Friday
    Previous weeks weight: 142.2
    Today’s weight: 140.2
  • msaj_mom
    msaj_mom Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    User name abbynsydneysmom
    Weigh in week 2
    Weigh in day Friday
    Previous week 290.4 I think
    Today's weight 289
  • craigo3154
    Options
    March 16
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 5km in 38 mins each (hills).
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

OK pace today. Not much else of interest to report.

No more rodents today. :)

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for March 16 is push ups

3 sets
    • First set till the point where you can do no more, wait 2 mins
    • Second set of 60% of the number you did in the first set (half, then another 10%), wait 2 mins
    • Third set of 50% of the number you did in the first set (half)
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    Username: typeitdaily
    Weigh In Week: Week 3
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 242.8 pounds
    Current Weight: 242.8 pounds
  • GoBlue1981
    GoBlue1981 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Happy weigh-in day to my fellow Friday-ers @typeitdaily @tdrjustus3 @fe452436 @moyMG @alydanbeads @szymanskicolleen and @abbynsydneysmom !
  • jenjournaljunkie
    jenjournaljunkie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Sorry for Mia I've just been super busy with my son and his diet. Mine was on the back burner but since going to Cheo children's hospital I thought I would really give it ago again why not add to my things to do list. If I can handle it at the beginning then it will be a breaze later. It's hard making three different meals for each meal. I weigh my sons before but ligning everything up at the same time is difficult. Hubby and daughter can just be served because there is no issue there. Then mine mainly just weighing it. I now have some freezer food made up for my son. Today I am taking down the Christmas tree yes you heard right. Priorities the tree was not one but I am truly sick of seeing it and it's a reminder that I did not get Christmas photos lol.
    Weigh in for March 8th was 185.5.
    Weigh day Thur
    Last week was 185.5
    This week 184.8. this was at the hospital with my pants on too. This at least I know is accurate.
    I am thankful for going in the right direction. I did have an oopsy day due to travel yesterday and I am prepared for the consequences of it. Other than that day my oopsy days have been transformed into an oopsy meal only.
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    @craigo3154 Thanks and I Agree!
  • Asturiah
    Asturiah Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Username: Asturiah
    Weigh In Week: Week 3
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 138.4
    Current Weight: 136
  • concordancia
    Options
    I can participate in the strength challenge today! An exercise I do fell on a day I was scheduled to do it. Granted, my push ups are currently done against a counter. Planning to progress to table height next week, after maxing out at 16 this morning.

March 16:
    Exercise: yes (two hours at the zoo + strength)

I made an apple crumble with crushed walnuts, instead of oats and much less sugar than usual. It passed my husband's taste test; if it also passes my glucose testing I may make it again when my parents visit in a few weeks.
  • fe452436
    fe452436 Posts: 255 Member
    Options

Username:fe452436
    Weigh in week:3/16
    Weigh in day:Friday
    Previous Week weight:192.5 lbs
    This week:193.5 lbs
  • fe452436
    fe452436 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    March 16:
    Exercise:Yes
    Calories:Under limit
    Tracking: No
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Username: emmclean
    Weigh-in week: Week 2
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    Previous week's weight: 202
    Current weight: 202

Lucky to have no change this week, did get back in the gym on Thursday and Friday but have been slacking on the calories. Seem to have lost a little motivation, I think because I feel great and am really pleased with the progress I have made - I like what I see in the mirror these days - but there is more to do, and not because of what society says I should look like!

Will do my best to be more active and accountable next week, including posting here :)

Hope everyone has a great week.
  • craigo3154
    edited March 2018
    Options
    March 17
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 5km in 36 mins each (hills).
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Fastest pace I have managed so far. I think I know how to get to the magic 35min mark I wanted to reach back in October. The key for me is the arms.

FPV drone race tomorrow. At least with the new diopters I will be able to see where I am going. Hopefully I can be faster than last competition.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for March 17 is lunges ()

3 sets
    • First set 10 or 15 each leg (if 10 is too easy continue to 15).
    • Second set 6 or 9 each leg.
    • Third set 5 or 8 each leg.
This discussion has been closed.