Pictures from outdoor exercise.

Options

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,188 Member
    Options
    Disclaimer: it's not ME doing the outdoor exercise. But for us over fifty, it's inspiring to see a senior who stays so damn active. Let's follow in his footsteps... er, ski tracks! See you at 82!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I rode a shorter distance in the this year's Tour deCure. That's probably a good thing, because I had two flats on my back tire (only carried one spare tube, so had to call SAG). This is my favorite shot from the day!
    cbz1u9tpcl4d.jpg
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    @mtaratoot - wow! wow! wow! What an incredible experience and amazing pictures! Thank you so much for sharing. Loved reading about your adventure. You sound like a pretty cool dude. :wink:
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    Glad you enjoyed the pictures. I enjoyed the opportunity to have the experience and bring home images to enjoy and share. I am in the process of planning the next vacations, and while it will be some warm water diving, Fiji ain't in the cards for me at this point. Instead I'm going to the second largest barrier reef in the world, and the largest in the western hemisphere. Mmmmmm.....

I do try to take advantage of the one spin of the wheel of life we get here on this planet in this Universe. A buddy today told me a relative of his went to Fiji for his honeymoon. He said they sat by the pool and drank mai tais. I'm all for that, but you can do that in San Diego or Sarasota. No need to travel halfway around the planet for that. I still have a river trip in the planning stage for the fall. Not so sure I'm a cool dude, but I do like to get out there. It's fun to share with other over-50 folks.

I am glad YOU get out there, too! That's what it's all about. Well, that and really good beer :sunglasses:
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    The Channel Islands have a lot of good dives. I got a few in when I was out that way, wish I had made the time to get in more. I never got much north of that area, but over the years got in some snorkeling and dives from there all the way down (on both sides) of the Baja peninsula. Saw the schooling Hammerheads once, and it was amazing.

I haven't really taken advantage of much diving in the area I'm in now. I've been meaning to make it more of a priority and hit some of the "Torpedo Alley" historical dives. I'm not sure if I will go for a wreck diver cert, but I guess I'll know if that bug hits after spending more time on the outside of the wrecks.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Went on a moonlight hike last night. A thing I have wanted to do for a while. There's something primal about being out in the desert after dark. bot9z0iwpte4.jpg
  • alteredsteve175
    edited August 2019
    Options
    My companions.
  • alteredsteve175
    Options
    The cairn at the top of Guffey Butte.
    hk9l9tscxgbl.jpg
  • alteredsteve175
    Options
    What is the best way to share some photos from Google Photos to this thread? I paste the links, but the photos don't show. Extreme frustration here.
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    @robertw486 -- get out there and dive! The Gulf Stream brings you warmer water. When I was growing up, we would vacation in Florida most years. I could always be found face down with a snorkel in my mouth exploring what was underwater. Mostly sand; a few fish. Every now and then I'd find some structure, and there were more critters. I bet there's a lot to see. I don't really have any interest in PENETRATING a wreck, but just diving down to explore the exterior sounds fun. I've only seen a few wrecks. One was so far disintegrated, it looked like a lumpy rock reef until you got really close and noticed it was metal.

I'll even suggest it's worth flying out to Santa Barbara and getting on a multi-day trip with the outfit I went with. Top notch diving on a budget since you're in a rack and just have that much personal space. I'm going back fo' sure!
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    What is the best way to share some photos from Google Photos to this thread? I paste the links, but the photos don't show. Extreme frustration here.

I can't make it work from my phone (iOS). It just posts a link, not the picture. I have to do it from my computer on the web page. I have to upload the image through the MFP app. Once there, if I note the location of the link, I can use the same link for other posts so the image isn't uploaded multiple times on MFP's server.

I have also noticed that it helps to first EDIT any images I want to post because if they are off my camera, they are rather large files. If I upload those, they take much longer to download for me and others to look at. I have a free piece of software called Irfanview that works really well to downsize. I typically downsize to 1024x768. That seems to still provide a very detailed image that uploads and downloads pretty fast. I wish MFP would provide this guidance for people because I know other folks upload big files -- you can tell because it slows things down.

If I have a picture from my phone, I have to either e-mail it to myself or connect my computer (PC) to the phone and download, then upload from the PC to MFP.

It's also a pain in the rear to try to upload a picture onto my profile. I can't do it from my computer. From the phone, I have to add a STATUS, then pick an image. It's supposed to show progress, and the interface is really klunky. I think you can just stuff an image on your profile if your phone uses Android.

Good luck!
  • alteredsteve175
    Options
    My companions.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    Options

Use the little mountains/sun icon above the area where you type in your post, in most versions of MFP. It will give you a space to either paste in a URL or pick a photo from your device.
  • alteredsteve175
    Options
    My companions.
  • alteredsteve175
    Options
    Thanks, Mark and Ann. I get a link and paste it. Click the Post Reply button and the link disappears.
  • alteredsteve175
    edited August 2019
    Options
  • mtaratoot
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I could navigate to the link provided, but the syntax is wrong as it includes a < /img > tag at the end. The link should just be https://photos.app.goo.gl/afjQ9NWsf73xqq6r5

Alternately, you can use the hyperlink button (looks like a chain). Highlight the text for your link, click the hyperlink button, and then enter the URL there. I have to erase the default httP:// that comes up and add the entire address. That would look like this --> Here's a LINK to the pictures @alteredsteve175 put on google photos.

But be aware, this post might get flagged because it's directing people to another web platform.