Replies

• Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    UncleMac wrote: »
    Farback wrote: »
    Owner was in a spot of bother.
    Hopefully nothing too serious.

No, minor breach and intox. Usual client.

• UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,141 Member
    Options

If your area is consistent with the towns I policed years ago, that small percentage show up regularly.
  • Farback
    Options

If your area is consistent with the towns I policed years ago, that small percentage show up regularly.

They sure do. Same 30 or so in rotation. I don’t think they have a schedule, but some birth dates I have memorized for paperwork.

I’m retiring as the coordinator for this detachment in a couple weeks. I’ve been chained to my phone for three years now, and it’s time to work a bit harder at being retired. I’ll still cover the odd shift, and any fire watches as asked.

As Jimmy Buffet said, I’ve got boats to build.
  • UncleMac
    Options
    I’m retiring as the coordinator for this detachment in a couple weeks. I’ve been chained to my phone for three years now, and it’s time to work a bit harder at being retired. I’ll still cover the odd shift, and any fire watches as asked.

Thank you (again) for your service... and, in your case, boats to build is literal whereas I suspect Buffet's were metaphorical.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,605 Member
    Options

Thank you (again) for your service... and, in your case, boats to build is literal whereas I suspect Buffet's were metaphorical.

He hired that out. After all, he was not the son of a son of a boat builder.
  • UncleMac
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »

He hired that out. After all, he was not the son of a son of a boat builder.

Such a fascinating character!
  • Farback
    Options
    eucegl3ptk4f.jpeg
  • UncleMac
    edited June 26
    Options
    eucegl3ptk4f.jpeg
    How I wish I was in Sherbrooke now!!

Who knew Watterson was a fan of Stan Rogers!!