Britt's Goal or Bust OMAD Journey

Options

Replies

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Day 29 (4/12): 142.4 | 12.6/25 pounds gone! Over 50% of the way to goal!
    Trendweight: 146.3 | Projected goal date: June 23, 2018
    OMAD Streak: 10

Image upload isn't working again for me, so no pic :/
    Super busy day yesterday and a smaller appetite, so I had a relatively small meal of coffee with HWC, two lettuce wraps filled with a chopped turmeric-marinated chicken thigh topped with a Campari tomato, garlic mayo, and feta cheese with 2 glasses of prosecco. I'm estimating ~10 g total carbs.
    Low carb really has killed my appetite this time around. I think it may be the combination of low carb + OMAD + my period + school stress. I just have to make it another two weeks, and I will be done with my first year! Really looking forward to all the great work I will get to do this summer.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Britt you are doing great, I hope your weekend is stress free <3
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Thanks so much, @minigrrll @aleroache20 @dkayingram
    Welcome, @EstrangedTiger! I definitely have NOT excelled the entire time (I have like 3 other threads full of miserable failures to prove it!). I seem to have gotten my mojo back, and I am hoping it will last for these last 12 or so pounds!
    @sammygold2015 I got these from a Mediterranean stall at the farmers market -- the green you see is from the chimichurri. It was beyond delicious!

Thanks. We learn from mistakes and persistence is key!

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Hang tough Britt!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thanks, @Brendalea69 and @blambo61. I am actually working on a huge paper this weekend, but I have made sure to schedule in some fun time! I am trying to work on balancing things a bit better.

@EstrangedTiger you are absolutely right! I have learned quite a bit about myself through this journey, and I am really enjoying seeing how changes here have had ripple effects in other areas of my life.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Day 30 (4/13): 142.4 | 12.6/25 pounds gone! Over 50% of the way to goal!
    Trendweight: 145.9 | Projected goal date: June 10, 2018!!!! That would be PERFECT timing!
    OMAD Streak: 11

I was in the lab all day and honestly wasn't super hungry, so I had various odds and ends from deli trays they had in the lounge that I sort of made into a "meal" so I could get back to work quickly. Plus some coffee with HWC. No idea of the carb count, but I know it was below 30 since the only carbs came from some raw veggies and the very minimal amount in the HWC. I have a good feeling about tomorrow's weigh-in and am really looking forward to it. I am now fitting into most things in my closet, which was my ultimate goal, and my confidence has been through the roof lately. Dare I say I even feel pretty sexy??? :D I am looking forward to finishing this off, entering maintenance, and really shaping my body over the next year or two.
  • EstrangedTiger
    Options
    Day 30 (4/13): 142.4 | 12.6/25 pounds gone! Over 50% of the way to goal!
    Trendweight: 145.9 | Projected goal date: June 10, 2018!!!! That would be PERFECT timing!
    OMAD Streak: 11

I was in the lab all day and honestly wasn't super hungry, so I had various odds and ends from deli trays they had in the lounge that I sort of made into a "meal" so I could get back to work quickly. Plus some coffee with HWC. No idea of the carb count, but I know it was below 30 since the only carbs came from some raw veggies and the very minimal amount in the HWC. I have a good feeling about tomorrow's weigh-in and am really looking forward to it. I am now fitting into most things in my closet, which was my ultimate goal, and my confidence has been through the roof lately. Dare I say I even feel pretty sexy??? :D I am looking forward to finishing this off, entering maintenance, and really shaping my body over the next year or two.

#1 You had a free meal! :D
    #2 You improvised!

• brittdee88
    Options
    @EstrangedTiger free meals are always great in school! And yes -- tried to make it work!
  • brittdee88
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Day 31 (4/14): 141.4 | 13.6/25 pounds gone! Over 54% of the way to goal!
    Trendweight: 145.4 | Projected goal date: June 3, 2018
    OMAD Streak: 12

8k8c0bkq6sci.jpg
    ~9 g total carbs (with coffee)

Another day with a diminished appetite, so I had to force myself to eat most of this salad. I also had a cup of coffee with HWC and may or may not have another, but I doubt it. I have too much to do!

Super happy with this weigh-in and got another cool MFP milestone badge!
    j4h98vu1yvmw.jpg
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Britt! You are doing so well.
  • EstrangedTiger
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Day 31 (4/14): 141.4 | 13.6/25 pounds gone! Over 54% of the way to goal!
    Trendweight: 145.4 | Projected goal date: June 3, 2018
    OMAD Streak: 12

8k8c0bkq6sci.jpg
    ~9 g total carbs (with coffee)

Another day with a diminished appetite, so I had to force myself to eat most of this salad. I also had a cup of coffee with HWC and may or may not have another, but I doubt it. I have too much...

Congrats!

Random note:

I’m originally from Florida, so Publix is part of my DNA. Great grocery stores! Have one at the bottom of my hill.

• Brendalea69
    Options
    You're definitely gonna get below your goal weight for the month :)
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    That is pretty much guaranteed :) your dedication and consistency are reaping major benefits for you
  • brittdee88
    Options
    @EstrangedTiger Publix is really a great store! I prefer Whole Foods, but I am really tightening up my budget to build up my savings, so it is a great alternative.

@Brendalea69 @tlblanksfit Thanks so much! I will revise my goal next week. I want to make sure this sticks and determine a reasonable goal to accomplish during my last week of the month. It would be an absolute dream to hit 135 before May since I know getting below it will be a real task as always. It will be nice to have the whole month to then get down to 130 or below, and I can try out a maintenance routine for a couple of weeks before heading to CA.
  • EstrangedTiger
    Options
    @EstrangedTiger Publix is really a great store! I prefer Whole Foods, but I am really tightening up my budget to build up my savings, so it is a great alternative.

@brittdee88 I do wander around to different stores. Trader Joe's, Fresh Market, Sprouts, Publix and Whole Foods.

Being budget-minded myself, sometimes sales determine my food for the week. Whole Foods can have some really nice prices on local produce. All of these stores often have some fabolous sale items.

Also, I'm going to start using salad bars and healthy buffets for my OMAD more so in the future. Jason's Deli is a fantastic value, for instance.

• brittdee88
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I am just now really getting into couponing and rebates and all that, and I have been amazed at how much I have been able to save with that plus shopping according to sales. They all definitely have good sales, but Publix has won out in a lot of ways — mainly because of their incredible BOGOs!
    I think the salad bar is a great idea. I don’t know what it is, but I can make a salad at home with the same ingredients, and it never turns out as good as when I go to the bar! It’s so odd! I was eating at WF’s hot and salad bars when I was living up the street from one for a while, and it was always really good. I have never had Jason’s except for when they catered some events I attended, but the food seemed really fresh and delicious. I also really love Publix’s salad offerings as well.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Day 32 (4/15): 141.0 | 14/25 pounds gone! 56% of the way to goal!
    Trendweight: 145.0 | Projected goal date: May 29, 2018
    OMAD Streak: 13

No pic today because I had a crazy night out last night. I didn't want to add any carbs, so I had a jigger of rum and didn't realize I would fall victim to the LC low tolerance side effect so soon. The rest of the night felt like I had ingested the entire bottle! I am now recovering with electrolyte water, various teas, and sleep. I have thought a couple times that "x sounds like it might be good," but when I go to make it, I immediately do not want it. Since my usual OMAD window has passed, any hunger seems to have left with it. Today will be a fast day.

It looks like I will need to lose an additional 4 pounds for TW to put me at 130, so I am playing around with the idea of getting to 126 and maintaining in a 4-lb window instead of just looking to stay below 130. This would actually put me near the middle of my healthy weight range for my height and frame, which is 118-131. I know that a 4-lb window is pretty narrow, but I legitimately do not think I want to go any lower than that. My lowest adult weight was 132, and I thought that I might be completely satisfied with another 5-lb loss from that, but I really liked how I looked then and didn't feel the need to keep going. My body shape has changed some now, and I look a bit thinner at 141 than I did back then. I also wasn't working out at all then, and I feel like I may have been satisfied at 132 had I just started a body composition journey like I'm planning now. Anyway, I will still consider myself at goal at 130, but 126 may be my un/official stopping point depending upon how I look as I get closer.
  • EstrangedTiger
    Options
    I am just now really getting into couponing and rebates and all that, and I have been amazed at how much I have been able to save with that plus shopping according to sales. They all definitely have good sales, but Publix has won out in a lot of ways — mainly because of their incredible BOGOs!
    I think the salad bar is a great idea. I don’t know what it is, but I can make a salad at home with the same ingredients, and it never turns out as good as when I go to the bar! It’s so odd! I was eating at WF’s hot and salad bars when I was living up the street from one for a while, and it was always really good. I have never had Jason’s except for when they catered some events I attended, but the food seemed really fresh and delicious. I also really love Publix’s salad offerings as well.

BTW, I’m sorry for replying so much, call me chatty Robert!

Yes, BOGOs are the best!

Ha, same on the salads! Jason’s has so many ingredients as well, couldn’t possibly keep them all at home! Yes, it is fresh and many offerings are organic.

Yeah, the WF food bar is a real treat! So good.

Day 32 (4/15): 141.0 | 14/25 pounds gone! 56% of the way to goal!
    Trendweight: 145.0 | Projected goal date: May 29, 2018
    OMAD Streak: 13

No pic today because I had a crazy night out last night. I didn't want to add any carbs, so I had a jigger of rum and didn't realize I would fall victim to the LC low tolerance side effect so soon. The rest of the night felt like I had ingested the entire bottle! I am now recovering with electrolyte water, various teas, and sleep. I have thought a couple times that "x sounds like it might be good," but when I go to make it, I immediately do not want it. Since my usual OMAD window has passed, any hunger seems to have left with it. Today will be a fast day.

It looks like I will need to lose an additional 4 pounds for TW to put me at 130, so I am playing around with the idea of getting to 126 and maintaining in a 4-lb window instead of just looking to stay below 130. This would actually put me near the middle of my healthy weight range for my height and frame, which is 118-131. I know that a 4-lb window is pretty narrow, but I legitimately do not think I want to go any lower than that. My lowest adult weight was 132, and I thought that I might be completely satisfied with another 5-lb loss from that, but I really liked how I looked then and didn't feel the need to keep going. My body shape has changed some now, and I look a bit thinner at 141 than I did back then. I also wasn't working out at all then, and I feel like I may have been satisfied at 132 had I just started a body composition journey like I'm planning now. Anyway, I will still consider myself at goal at 130, but 126 may be my un/official stopping point depending upon how I look as I get closer.

Hahahaha. What is your favorite rum? I’ve grown to like Appleton’s from my time in Jamaica and The Bahamas. Have also developed a sugar free mojito. I know this seems cliche, but one of my bucket list items is having a mojito in Havana,

Yeah, your window may be smaller, given your body type.

• Brendalea69
    edited April 2018
    Options
    You should be able to get by with a 4 pound window. The only reason I give myself an 8 pound window is for when I have 2 TMADs in a row.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    @EstrangedTiger No worries on the replies, Robert! My favorite is actually a Haitian rum called Barbancourt, but Captain Morgan was the evil that night smh. That is cliche but with it now being possible, a trip to Cuba for mojitos sounds amazing! I am lucky enough to not live too far from Little Havana, so I have had many, but I still long to go. I have also had a serious case of wanderlust since I was a kid, though, so I guess that is really no surprise.

@Brendalea69 Gotcha! I am just a bit concerned because I really don't know how my body will react to adding in exercise and more food at the same time. I always retain water for a while when I begin working out, and that plus an increased intake is obviously necessary but may result in larger than a 4-lb gain -- at least in the beginning. Now that goal is less than 10 lbs away, I am trying to read as much as I can in the maintenance forum, but it's a bit overwhelming. I am wondering if I should just try to maintain this summer without exercise and just begin body recomp in the fall as planned. I initially thought I would not reach goal until early August and only maintain for a little before beginning my plan at the university gym in September, but now it looks like I will get there much sooner and will have some time to adjust my eating before phasing it in.