Britt's Goal or Bust OMAD Journey

Options

Replies

• Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I've been looking for options to break out of my normal routine as well, and this deli tray approach I think is a great idea. A variety of cheeses, olives, crackers, and a few types of deli meats would be an awesome way to break things up without getting too carby. This is something I might do this weekend for a change of pace, thanks for the idea.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!! :)
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Britt, your images are not showing. Is it just me?
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Britt, your images are not showing. Is it just me?

I don't see a picture either, just a bunch of numbers and symbols.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    @Jim_fbr I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
    @Brendalea69 Thanks!
    @tlblanksfit Yeah, they don't seem to show up right away on the app, but they are there on the desktop version. I couldn't see my charcuterie board picture on the app until the next day. For whatever reason, I kept getting failed upload error messages, so I had to use code to add them. I wonder if the mobile interface isn't super code-friendly.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Just got caught up with everyone and the last 84 posts on this thread!

Britt, seems to me that you are a little all or nothing like you mentioned. I think moderation in all things is best IMO. I think when we are too restrictive, either with types of foods or by doing extended fasting, that can cause a lot of problems. Those are extreme things. It does seem you've struggled in the past doing that and also lately have gotten sick a couple of times trying to do that. I think all things can be used as tools including extended fasts and LC, but in moderation. Not all or nothing.

One way I've tried to be less carby is when i eat dinner, I might eat a salad first with some meat in it, then I would eat some cooked vegetables, then I might eat what everyone else is eating (with carbs), then I might eat some fruit, then I might eat a piece of home-made bread if I haven't had any whole grains, and then I might top it all off with a small sugary treat! I haven't denied myself any types of foods and I get full on the less carby stuff first and progress to more carby stuff at the end and am able to get a sugar fix to boot! I don't binge at the end doing that and it doesn't cause me to go on a bender like a week of strict LC eating would do to me. Just some thoughts. You know yourself the best and I've never had to deal with an ED either so I may be missing some things. I still think that most people get themselves in trouble with being too strict and having an all or nothing mentality. I do think all things can be had if done in moderation. Doing things in moderation can be the challenge I guess. Not saying you shouldn't try the LC but just be careful! Good luck!
  • brittdee88
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Definitely makes sense, @blambo61. I am trying to work through this lifelong issue with perfectionism. In fact, tackling more persistent issues around my mental health will likely be my next journey once I finally get to goal. I think I just want this SO bad. It's been so long, and I really want to feel a sense of accomplishment around this, so I really try to set high standards and push myself. Thank you for reminding me to be careful and mindful.
  • brittdee88
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Day 24 (4/7): 145.6 | 9.4/25 pounds gone! Over 37% of the way to goal!
    Trendweight: 147.9 | Projected goal date: November 15, 2018 - YAY! Progress!
    OMAD Streak: 5

OfeifZ12EOTy7AwxvjAjkHFS6arMUeG62pptJ2eLGKkbbWS2rtFiHeabHnrc_XYhOHp91nhInmLivjYfzm6s8xvsFY85nncnUG3XptT8ckKD50o3l-46lJRr9xcpJOs9shBYvmXccqb9eInbr8_jTbf_Ac1pW_7xkkkxTNPJw1peV5GxVbyzchhN8_PrgEg81akYqy6HodIsn3ev1XxYVbU-HsglUZs9LuDn1W_GrrzJYGmiU0hlV1RdwSHrCZ5HBpsKrpK5DedCUtTkCuTgJN0wuZWwaI1mLIRXTGJLSecu0QzDxYSwjXJyBr-QscrebVaEpOLntMTsG4MEZI8XbB8JnbwyS1J8XF_PiQgDA5wkXY8cRTj329ZdzwUPIjnkkko-mT73-RT7ms0Wcd-0I2JxTJ_tSlj6D29iXgVBBIe0JK4ltHnZfOnwDiZtaltNbxXdewf573sAKSmSAc_le5yixMCT2x4WLFzuwpurVdWmbIP-ek3gsOCIIowCcrmXWDQxH9Gd8ezx-K2rsz8kMnJeFQOhcCopS2gbPLSxmtRsMH982ZcCTsd0jGhETf7oDNNjinY3e8y0tZ2qYCNKsM8KlqcwQDYBgmr3Ke8=w1002-h751-no?.jpg
    ~20 g total carbs

Does this one show? It's so weird because I can see all the images on my laptop and eventually on the app after several hours.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    No I don't see a picture :(
  • brittdee88
    Options
    I figured out the fix, so I should be able to upload from now on! This test picture seemed to work, so please let me know if you can't see it!

g8m9waameppg.jpg

In any case, I made a double turkey cheeseburger lettuce wrap with lots of fixins, some gluten-free pretzels sticks dipped in soft dubliner cheese, and a low carb chocolate mousse yesterday. It was so good that I had pretty much the same thing again today.

Day 25 (4/8): 144.6 | 10.4/25 pounds gone! Over 41% of the way to goal!
    Trendweight: 147.9 | Projected goal date: November 15, 2018 - YAY! Progress! - I accidentally posted today's TW info for yesterday's entry and I can't edit it.
    OMAD Streak: 6
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    You are totally blazing through the 140's. KUTGW!
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    You're doing great!!! :)
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    WOW so awesome Britt!!!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thanks so much, ladies!
    I am SO happy to post this after today's weigh-in:
    k7vb9trfv4kp.jpg
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Hip hop hooray!
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    <3<3
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Yay!!! :):):)
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thanks so much, ladies! I am on cloud 9!!!
  • brittdee88
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Day 26 (4/9): 144.0 | 11/25 pounds gone! 44% of the way to goal!
    Trendweight: 147.5 | Projected goal date: September 23, 2018 - YAAAAAY!
    OMAD Streak: 7

qz4l42c7jeoz.jpg

I thought I could eat this all, but I only ended up eating half plus a couple of cups of coffee with HWC to get in some fat. I came in at ~10 g total carbs. It's another long day in the research lab, so eating earlier in the day is working well. I actually have been eating my meal between 12 and 2 for the past several days, and it has really worked out rather nicely. It's like I can do some light work before my meal, eat, and then I have the rest of the day to myself to focus completely on work. Now that I have been following LC for a while, night cravings aren't happening anymore either. I think I have found my sweet spot!
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Your meal looks really satisfying and they are producing great results. I am rejoicing with you for the new low.