Britt's Goal or Bust OMAD Journey

Replies

• dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    @tlblanksfit Thank you
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    brittdee88 wrote: »

@Jim_fbr thank you so much! It is 100% LC. This is a super busy time of the semester, so if anything, my sleep has gotten worse. I have always known since the first time I tried it way back when that this would be the best, most sustainable WOE for me, but I just really struggled mentally with all of the meat I was eating. Last time, I was pounding bacon, steaks, burgers, and pepperoni at multiple meals, and even though I looked great, I felt so guilty as an animal lover. OMAD is the perfect solution for me because I only eat meat once a day, and even if I add another meal in maintenance, I can focus more on eggs or other high protein foods. Since I'm not eating a ton of meat to lose this time around, it feels good to know that I can more or less continue that pattern and still be successful.

Right! The mistreatment of food animals is really beginning to weigh on my conscience. I'm trying to buy less conventional meat. My smoothie addiction has helped mitigate meat consumption. Luckily, we have access to proteins that are raised in a more humane fashion, plus we don't eat as much overall on OMAD!

• EstrangedTiger
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    I spent the morning examining my body and realized that there is really no way I will be comfortable at 126. I can see myself losing an additional 7-8 pounds, but there is really no where I can imagine another 12 coming from. Genetically, I have an hourglass figure, and fat drops from my face and midsection fairly quickly with turtle-like fat loss in my stubborn areas of my arms, back fat, and thighs. The only time those were thinner was when I was anorexic and weighed 100 pounds. I looked horribly sickly. I love my curves, and I know that those trouble spots will exist whether or not I go for a thinner look (which means I'd lose curves) or if I stop when I am most satisfied with my midsection and face, which will be in those 7-8 pounds. My collarbones are also really prominent now, which gives me another clue that I need to stop soon. I know I can address my trouble spots during training/recomp to shed some inches (consistent heavy lifting usually leaves me very satisfied with my body no matter how much I weigh), but I won't get there through diet alone without sacrificing what I love about my body. My goal now is to get to 129 (50 lbs down!) and to maintain in the 129 - 133 range. That gives me a 4-lb window without crossing into stubborn 135 territory. I think this will be best for me.

I'm really rooting for you to be completely happy with your body/mind/spiritual package. Appreciate your candor and honesty.

This goes for everyone around here, just want you all to be content.

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    @EstrangedTiger you're absolutely right! I always buy my meat from local farmers or from brands that make commitments to humanely-raised animals. It is nice that these are more widely available now.
    And thank you for the comment! Being happy with my body is uncharted territory for me, and I am happy that I am getting there!
  • brittdee88
    Day 35 (4/18): 137.6 | 17.4/26 pounds gone (going for 129 now)! Over 66% of the way to goal!
    Trendweight projected goal date: May 18, 2018 - I can't imagine I am only a month away from reaching goal!!!! (I removed the weight because I won't be using it anymore since I am ending at 129)
    OMAD Streak: 16

e4id7ms00lq9.jpg
    ~5 g total carbs
    I was too full to eat the second pickle :( I really wanted it, too!
  • dkayingram
    Britt you are doing amazing!

I totally agree with the comment @EstrangedTiger I know for one as a woman, it is a constant struggle to be happy with who we are in our skin. I think I am finally getting it!

• EstrangedTiger
    dkayingram wrote: »
    Britt you are doing amazing!

I totally agree with the comment @EstrangedTiger I know for one as a woman, it is a constant struggle to be happy with who we are in our skin. I think I am finally getting it!

Right, know it is a touchy subject, hope I'm not crossing the line.

• tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    edited April 2018
    Britt,

I ate my meal early today and also had a double cheeseburger without the bun. I had broccoli salad with mine though. I didn't get a picture of mine. My meal was ~11 total carbs
  • brittdee88
    @EstrangedTiger not crossing the line at all!

@tlblanksfit Nice! Mine are turkey burgers made with pepper jack cheese in the patties! SO GOOD! You should probably get a nice drop with that big carb reduction!
  • tlblanksfit
    edited April 2018
    I am looking forward to it. I made some oopsie rolls tonight. I wish I had them today to eat with my sandwich. I only made 3 tonight. I added a tsp of almond flour to mine in hopes that it may give them a little more sturdiness. In looking at them cook they look like they rose a good bit and I may be able to split one in half and use one instead of two for a sandwich. I will have to see if they flatten a lot once they cool. I will have to make more and freeze them so I will have bread on hand for convenience.

rhswkhg269v8.png

This is the oopsie bread fresh out of the oven

2ezw5ixpdn2x.png

These are the oopsies out of the pan after cooling for a while. They look like I could cut them in half.
  • brittdee88
    @tllblanksfit those look great! I have actually never made them. I think because I haven't had bread in so long because of my allergy that I really never felt I had to. Yours look really good, though, so I may try it one day.
  • dkayingram
    They do look good! I might need that recipe!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    You got this Britt <3
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Wow! I don't check in for a week and you drop down far into the 130s! Congratulations, you are doing so awesome... :)
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    I am so happy/proud of how far you have come in such a short time. You are definitely not going to bust!
  • brittdee88
    edited April 2018
    Thanks so much everyone!
    Similar to last semester, I am on break from MFP while I finish up finals. I have stuck with LC OMAD since the last time I posted with one splurge meal, but I will not be weighing again or posting regularly until I am officially finished with classes next Monday. I am hoping to just maintain around 137-138 and will get back into hardcore losing mode for May. I am really liking how I am looking lately and am becoming happier with my body, so I am in a good place. I am determined to get to 129, though, and I still want to hit that by mid-June at the latest.
    I will check in with you all when I am back next week! <3
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Good luck with finals Britt!!
  • tlblanksfit
    Best wishes for finals success
  • EstrangedTiger
    @brittdee88 Good luck, but you don’t need it!
  • dkayingram
    @brittdee88 good luck with your finals!!