Replies

• craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    March 29
    Exercised?: Yes. 5km in 37mins (hills)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Good pace walk today. Weighed in light this morning (still over 64kg, but not by much).

Busy day with work. Looking forward to Easter long weekend.

Daily Strength challenge

"Challenge for March 29 is squats (no weight - air squat - http://www.12minuteathlete.com/how-to-do-a-proper-air-squat/).
    You can do assisted squats (using a table or bench top to take weight off the knees if it is too much)."

3 sets
    • First set till the point where you can do no more, wait 2 mins
    • Second set of 60% of the number you did in the first set (half, then another 10%), wait 2 mins
    • Third set of 50% of the number you did in the first set (half)
  • ocnldy
    ocnldy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Yesterday Check in
    Checking in for today :

Calories ? No -50 over
    Tracked ? Yes
    Exercise ? Yes. short walk on lunch
    Dips ? No

I know that I didn't meet some of the requirements but I am going to keep shooting for it and checking in.
  • ocnldy
    Options
    March 29
    Exercised?: Yes. Treadmill Run/Walk 40 min

Squats: 50-30-25
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    March 29
    Exercise: yes (13k steps, all running errands, and tomorrow will be the same)
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: yes

Mom watched me log my foods at the restaurant, then asked me to show her foods. She decided it was too complicated (she logs with pen and paper and is slow to adopt any technology), but I think she really just didn't like seeing our choices side by side. She has been slacking on her logging and it is showing on her waist line. She is diabetic, as well, and knows this is important. Watching me, she is making some better choices and so far, we are picking restaurants that make those choices easier. It is true we have agreed to pizza at some point, let's see how she reacts when I order veggies for volume and limit the actual pizza.
  • ocnldy
    Options
    Friday weigh in..official challenge start weight 221.5 lbs
  • craigo3154
    Options
    March 30
    Exercised?: Yes. 6km in 50mins (hills)

OK pace walk today. Stopped midway to do more flying.

Rebuilt a quad today that had been crashed and had a bent frame. Took most of the day to arrange the components, assemble and test. Things did not want to fit.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for March 30 is sit-ups or crunches (abs day - be sure to use a mat or towel for cushioning - )

2 sets
    • Second set of 50% of the number you did in the first set (half)
  • biche896
    biche896 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Checking in for yesterday :

Calories ? No
    Tracked ? Yes
    Exercised ? Yes. Lifted and 55 min walk
    Squats ? Yes
  • concordancia
    Options
    Username: concordancia
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous weight: 205
    Current weight: 201.5

I do realize that today is not Monday, but it is the last day I have to use my normal scale before vacation.
  • eevang
    eevang Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi, all! I'm Elise, a mid-twenties English teacher living in Va with Aspen, my maltese mix furbaby. I’ve been a part of this team since January. I love looking through the thread when I’m craving food—by the time I’m done reading, my craving has abated, and I feel positive about achieving my goals.

I'm not a fan of exercise but am sporadically committed to it for the health benefits. I’ve found that one week on, one week off at the gym is really sustainable for me. The week off rejuvenates me and let’s me catch up with work, and I still do more gentle exercise when I have the energy. I’ve been adding the stairmaster lately to my elliptical workout.

I am very committed to tracking my calories and keeping under my goal! I began my weight loss journey October 30 and have lost nearly 30 pounds to date. I've been using HealthyWage and DietBet to keep on track and have realized that I needed the tangible benefits of winning money to stay committed. I've tried weight loss and tracking before and never made it past a month or ten pounds.
  • eevang
    eevang Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    @biche896 I’m excited to have you on our team!

You might already know this, but I think it is worth sharing...

Changing your diet can cause a drastic change in your waistline and waist to hip ratio. Low sugar, low carbs, and high protein helps that area specifically. I had to see an endocrinologist about my PCOS and metabolic syndrome years ago and that was the major takeaway. Exercise would help me lose weight overall and would of course be beneficial. However, to improve my waist to hip ratio, reduce belly fat, and improve my metabolism, changing the make up of my diet would be the key factor. He recommended more vegetables, dramatically reducing carbs, and staying away from refined sugar. Keeping an eye on macros might be the way to go!

• biche896
    biche896 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    eevang wrote: »
    @biche896 I’m excited to have you on our team!

You might already know this, but I think it is worth sharing...

Changing your diet can cause a drastic change in your waistline and waist to hip ratio. Low sugar, low carbs, and high protein helps that area specifically. I had to see an endocrinologist about my PCOS and metabolic syndrome years ago and that was the major takeaway. Exercise would help me lose weight overall and would of course be beneficial. However, to improve my waist to hip ratio, reduce belly fat, and improve my metabolism, changing the make up of my diet would be the key factor. He recommended more vegetables, dramatically reducing carbs, and staying away from refined sugar. Keeping an eye on macros might be the way to go!

@eevang , thank you ! I’ll give that a go and see if that would help. I’m currently count my macros and most days I have 2 slices of bread in the morning but veggies, yoghurt etc takes up the rest of my remaining carb grams. I’ll go through my diary though and see if I can make adjustments. Hopefully that would work !
  • concordancia
    Options
    March 30:
    Exercise: yes

I weighed in on this thread already for next Monday, so I will check in here, as well.

It is 20 to midnight and I have been on the run since 7am. My husband has seen 4 medical professionals this week, requiring a ride to each one, but we think progress is being made. They are realizing that he is in worse shape than the tests so far indicate (and suddenly seem to have remembered that he is 34, not 70) and seem to be moving forward. Meanwhile, we are headed on vacation with my parents. Prepping the RV has been way more work than expected, but then when I made the reservation I never expected that my husband wouldn't be able to do much.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    March 31
    Exercised?: Yes. Setup of drone race track and a day's drone racing.

Good day. Nice weather and not too windy. Flying skills seem to be improving.

New month starts tomorrow.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for March 31 is door frame rows ()

3 sets
    • Second set of 50% of the number you did in the first set (half)
    • Third set

The reason for this exercise is push ups and dips work primarily the triceps (pushing). This exercise balances the others by working the biceps (pulling).
  • Stefbomb2020
    Stefbomb2020 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Username: reanna143
    Weigh in week: Week 1 April
    Weigh in day: saturday
    Todays Weight: 206 lbs
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Emma, 35 and living in London, UK. I've been a part of this challenge and the Gutbusters team since October last year and in that time have gone from 229lbs to 200lbs, and I guarantee that this group has been an important part of my loss and building my fitness. It's an incredibly supportive and motivating group, shout out to the awesome @craigo3154 and @GoBlue1981 for their support! Even with my wedding date on 1st Sept getting steadily closer sometimes you need a community to keep you on the right path.

Have a great April!
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    March 31
    Exercised?: Yes, 10km outdoor run

So I told myself I was going for a leisurely jog after pushing it last weekend and giving myself shin splints. First thing I did was a PROPER warm up which is something I know I should do every time but skip so often (probably a significant reason for the splints), then I hit the trail at a leisurely pace. Found that I had loads of energy so reigned in my pace but kept on going... Long story short I hit a new 10km PB, shaving 4 minutes off the one I did a few weeks ago! Made sure to do a thorough cool down with a walk, stretching and a quick yoga session.

Tomorrow will be a planned indulgence, besides the Easter chocolate it's my 7 year anniversary with the fiancé so we're going out for lunch. Feel I've earned some of those calories back!
  • sunderland_mich93
    sunderland_mich93 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Has anyone been having a problem with their Fitbit syncing to MFP? It was fine the last 2 weeks, but now I can’t get it to sync today. My friend is having a problem as well, so wondering about others too.
  • sunderland_mich93
    sunderland_mich93 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Alright. I just read from MFP techs that they had problems with the maintenance that they were doing with Fitbit last night. It is expected to possibly last a week, I believe. Just a heads up.
  • wyjude
    wyjude Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    March 31
    Exercised?: no but i went walking around 2 malls
  • krissturner
    krissturner Posts: 25 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I’m happy to be a part of this challenge with you guys. I go by KrissTurner. I’ve been in the game to lose weight for a long time but my ability to create excuses and mess myself up is quite amazing! This group looked like a ton of fun and I’m tired of making excuses to not do things that are extremely important to me. As of my last trip to the doctor, I’m so close to being diabetic, that even the idea of cheat meals scare me.
    In early March I weighed in at 264 lbs. The highest I’ve ever been. This entire month has been very fun for me, I’m back down to 253.6 lbs. and I know I’m a long way from my goal, but I know hard work and dedication is the only way to get there.
    I hope we’re all able to meet our goals this month!

All The Best KrissTurner

Current weight: 253.6 lbs.
    Daily Challenge: March 31st
    Exercised: yes, 40 minute sunrise run.
This discussion has been closed.