TEAM: Gutbusters (April)

Options

Replies

• craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    It seems the Captain (@GoBlue1981.) has been AWOL for the last 2 weeks. I have not seen a message from her since April 2. As such, I will be filling in as team captain (as well as moderator for the TBL challenge).

Expect more messages and follow-ups if weigh-ins are missing.

In this competition you choose your level of involvement. The competition is here to help you. The more you put in and take part, the more you will get out of it.

More soon. Expect this thread to get a little busier now that only the serious competitors remain for the month.

Oddly enough, it is easier for a smaller, more dedicated team to win a month, than a larger team as the results are based on %, not total lbs lost.
  • brunchowl
    brunchowl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Not sure what this is about but not complaining!
    User ID: brunchowl
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 184
    Today’s weight: 179
  • westray16
    westray16 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    User Name westray16
    Weigh in day Monday
    Week 3
    Previous weight 13st 12lbs
    Today's weight
    13st 10lbs
  • szymanskicolleen
    szymanskicolleen Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Sorry I have been MIA. I'm a teacher and the stomach virus went around my school and my house.
    Previous Weight: 143
    Weight: 142
    Went to Body pump at 5am this morning so I'm ready to get back into my fitness routine.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    April 16
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 3km in 23 mins (hills)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Work day today and lots of drizzling rain. Only got out to walk over dusk.

New cat (Cleo) still separated from older cat (Fi). Spending as much time as possible with both (to make sure each knows the others scent and that they are no threat to each other). Plan to introduce them to each other face-to-face tomorrow.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for April 16 is plank. (standard, forearm or knee) (https://greatist.com/fitness/perfect-plank)

2 sets
    • First set 30 seconds if new to them, 60 seconds if a regular, 90 seconds if can regularly make 60 seconds. , wait 2
    • Second set 15 seconds, 30 seconds or 60 seconds
  • craigo3154
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Greeting all Gutbusters. Will tag you all at the end of the message so it comes up as a notification of being mentioned :smile:

Fabulous result from last week. Gutbusters topped the % weight loss for the week of all teams. With @westray16. , @emmclean. and @Stimpy56. leading the charge.

Each day I will tag members who are due to weigh in that day. If you do not post a weigh-in, I will PM you before Saturday. Losses are great, no movement is fine, however I MUCH prefer to see a gain to a no-result posted.

I'll tally the results from the previous weeks mini challenge tomorrow morning (daily activity tracking and in budget).

Lastly, I would like to hear of any NSVs (non scale victories) you have had in the last 2 weeks. Things like clothes fitting better (or being too big), or personal record in an activity, or someone noticing that you are looking better without prompting.

Eg. For me, this month I have increased my daily push-up set from 40 to 45 (as 40 was getting too easy). When I started a year ago (50 lbs heavier), 10 was a supreme effort.

Tagging in Gutbuster competitors.
    @biche896.
    @brunchowl.
    @concordancia.
    @eevang.
    @mollymom07.
    @westray16.
    @HSM2673.
    @aeloine.
    @inshapeCK.
    @sunderland_mich93.
    @parinzz.
    @Stimpy56.
    @alydanbeads.
    @ocnldy.
    @szymanskicolleen.
    @typeitdaily.
    @Asturiah.
    @emmclean.
    @krissturner.
    @Reanna143.
    @TypingToaster.
  • craigo3154
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Happy weigh-in day for: @concordancia. @eevang. @mollymom07.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    emmclean wrote: »
    Username: emmclean
    Weigh in week: 2
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 201
    Todays Weight: 197

ONDERLAND!!! So good to see a woosh after 5 weeks of plateau. Will consider booking my honeymoon this week as a reward - New Zealand and Malaysia here I come! Well, in eight and a half months anyway...

@emmclean. Sorry I missed it on the day. Congratulations and welcome to Onederland.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    brunchowl wrote: »
    Not sure what this is about but not complaining!
    User ID: brunchowl
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 184
    Today’s weight: 179

@brunchowl. You type it as you see it. Great result for the week. Woosh's are great for confidence. Just keep doing what you are doing.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    westray16 wrote: »
    User Name westray16
    Weigh in day Monday
    Week 3
    Today's weight
    13st 10lbs

@westray16. You are doing great. Slow and steady is the best way to have weight go.

• craigo3154
    Options
    Sorry I have been MIA. I'm a teacher and the stomach virus went around my school and my house.
    Previous Weight: 143
    Weight: 142
    Went to Body pump at 5am this morning so I'm ready to get back into my fitness routine.

@szymanskicolleen. Hope you are feeling better, those stomach viruses can be nasty. Ease back into the fitness routine. Make sure you are up to it so no relapse.
  • westray16
    westray16 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »
    westray16 wrote: »
    User Name westray16
    Weigh in day Monday
    Week 3
    Today's weight
    13st 10lbs

@westray16. You are doing great. Slow and steady is the best way to have weight go.

Thank you.
    I don't really mind how long it takes to get the weight off - so long as it keeps coming off!
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    April 15
    Exercised?: Yes, walked 13.1km - group outing exploring the outskirts of London. We kept a good pace up but there was a pub stop in the middle...

April 16
    Exercised?: No, but 15k steps today. My legs are killing after the walk yesterday!

Got two free gym classes booked tomorrow as part of an open day programme, looking forward to doing a class again, aerobics type sessions used to be my exercise of choice but everything now seems to be boxfit and circuits which I don't enjoy.

@craigo3154 thanks! Seems there are a few of us hitting onederland this week, great time for Gutbusters. Hope the new cat is settling in well?
  • eevang
    eevang Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Username: eevang
    Weigh-in week: Week 3
    Weigh-in day: Monday
    Previous week's weight: 189.4
    Current weight: 188.8

Took a few days off the calorie restriction last week. I was still mindful of calories but didn’t keep to my goal calories. It was nice to be able to take a break without worrying about breaking forever! I’m growing more confident in my willpower and self-commitment, and I still lost a little weight.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    April 17
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 3km in 23 mins (hills)

Todays walk was before dusk (yay).

New cat (Cleopatra - Cleo for short) and older cat (Fi) have not met. Cleo in a cat carrier while Fi was free to roam the house. Hissing by Fi, but no real aggression .... more fear of the new cat. Cleo seemed not too concerned, not aggressive and not cowering, just curious. I am not a feline behavioural expert, but I think we they should be able to get them to interact without cages by the end of the week. Hopefully they can be friends.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for April 17 is dips ()

3 sets
    • First set till the point where you can do no more, wait 2 mins
    • Second set of 60% of the number you did in the first set (half, then another 10%), wait 2 mins
    • Third set of 50% of the number you did in the first set (half)
  • craigo3154
    Options
    Was great reading the NSV's. Really love to hear successes.

@concordancia. Fantastic for reaching onederland.

Improvements in the A1C are fantastic. I can identify with the new pants or belt (had that one - great problem to have - in fact little from my wardrobe a year ago fits me). Floor for push ups sounds not too far away.

@emmclean. Would be great if all that started the month between 210 and 200 make it to onederland this month. Been fantastic to have 3 make it so far this month.

The sub 30min 5k is a great achievement. I also am wearing trousers that were originally scheduled to be thrown out 5+ years ago. They are one of the few pairs that fit. :)

@eevang. Fantastic that you can resume after a break without worry. This is the way it should be. Small successes build the confidence to achieve bigger ones.

• craigo3154
    Options
    Questions for those in the the team.

What is your plan to lose weight?
    What is your plan to keep it off once it is gone?

Some do Keto, some low carb, some low fat, etc... What are the general guidelines in your eating and activity plan.

Mine was/is:
    • Limit snacks (calories between meals)
    • Low gluten (processed carbs) - opt for GF meals when travelling
    • Plenty of water
    • Track eating and activity - Ensure I get daily protein target
    • 20 mins activity (minimum) per day (ideally walking).
    • Try prioritise to get enough sleep.

This is both how I lost weight and am keeping it off. It is not so much a diet as a lifestyle that I could maintain indefinitely.
This discussion has been closed.