Leslie Sansone April 2018 Walk Challenge

texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
April (2018)

WELCOME to all walkers!

Happy April Fools Day :) Yes, it is really true that it is time to start a new monthly challenge for April 2018!

April showers will be bringing :flowerforyou: May flowers :flowerforyou: . Spring is here with maybe more rain than usual for some of us. Yet for others it could still look a bit like winter with some snow falling or hanging around, but hopefully some little tiny flowers are peeking up through any snow ;) At any rate lets all make April another extraordinarily awesome month while we continue walking through 2018.

We will be heading into summer before we know it, so lets take advantage of the pleasant walking weather :) . There are still so many possibilities and opportunities for a healthy year, no matter what this year has turned out to be for each of us thus far! Start overs are available each and every day, as well as each month here on the Monthly Challenge.

Since it is already "officially" Spring then there will be much to see on our walks outdoors as the seasons change. Then getting out to walk your miles will ensure that we don't miss anything as spring flowers and beautiful flowering trees and gardens appear. Raining??? Then having Leslie's, or other walking DVDs, to pop in the player continues to be a great alternative to walking outdoors. Walking outdoors can still be an important part of fitness walking this month, when possible, for those who enjoy walking some miles or minutes walking outdoors whatever the weather might be outside.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home DVD workouts, as well as those great walks or hikes outside on the trails or pathways that are available to us, or a walk in our neighborhood, and on the treadmill, as well as other Walking DVDs. All of these many options count toward our miles and minutes. However you get your walk in, come on in and join us! Post your miles or minutes that you have walked, however you did it... it is all good!

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that this challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your personal goal for how many miles or minutes that you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. This is your own personal goal :star:. Post your results daily, weekly, or whenever you like. It is such an encouragement to read each others' posts.

If you find this challenge in the middle of the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days in the month. You are always welcome :) !
So, if you are new to the group please feel free to start today so that by the end of the month you will be that much closer to your health goals. It is never too late to join in

Tie up those walking shoes and get some water, and let's start walking :smile: !

It is always fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, or inquiring minds sometimes just want to know . So please share if you would care to :p . (pretty please ;) )

Come on in and let us start walking the Monthly Walk Challenge together. I know that I say this each month but I am truly grateful for each one of our precious walkers who continue to inspire and motivate mile by mile, and step by step, each month.
I know that we are all excited to see our long time faithful walking friends o:) join us for yet another amazing month together, and we are awaiting the opportunity to welcome newcomers to this month's Walk Challenge!

And now... let us lace up those walking shoes and get some water... as we begin to walk into April! Can you believe it :o . It seems like we blinked and winter is gone and Spring is here. So join us as we turn yet another calendar page... and walk our way to a Happy and Healthy April. No fooling :p

Let us continue through 2018 by walking strong and with the determination!

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:

Replies

• AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,589 Member
    I'm going for doing some form of exercise 5 days a week. This formula worked for me in February. Afraid March was kind of underwhelming, ;)

Let's go get it, Walkers!!!
  • AnnofB
    Happy April Everyone!

I want to start out the month thanking you all for welcoming me last month. It's a blessing to be part of a wonderful group of positive and energetic people who help lift each other up and congratulate each other on their goals. :blush:

So, let's do this, Walkers! I'm setting out for 85 miles in April, only counting my workouts, not overall steps. Mini-goal is to walk every day, at least one mile, even if it's a busy day.

Tonight I started out this month with 5 BOOSTED Miles! :grin:

Looking forward to seeing everyone's goals and check-ins throughout this month's walking challenge!

You are doing so well, VeggieGirl. 5 Boosted Miles is a fun one.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    I am in for 100 miles this month. I am counting on golfing to be my majority of miles. With that said it snowed last night. LOL

3/100

2 Mile Walk This Way
    1 Brisk Mile
  • AnnofB
    Strength workout today. 31 minutes Strength and Stamina by Kelly Coffee-Meyer.
  • texasgardnr
    edited April 2018
    Great start to April and awesome goals!

I am continuing to focus on exercise of one sort or another at least 5 days a week while paying attention to the kind and how long (minutes) I exercised during a day/week. Yard work, for example, I consider as exercise for me.

April 2nd: 5 miles - 5 Boosted Miles

:flowerforyou:
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    I went to a used DVD and game store after work tonight and scored an old Leslie workout for $3! :smiley: It was one with Mary Kay leading a very fast mile ~ it made me sweat for sure! Glad to have found a "new to me" workout to add to my rotation.

Today's achievements:
    3 Mile Weight Loss Walk
    1 Mile Burn Body Fat
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    AnnofB wrote: »
    Strength workout today. 31 minutes Strength and Stamina by Kelly Coffee-Meyer.

I have a friend who has mentioned Kelly Coffee-Meyer workouts before. I may have to look into some of those once my injuries are healed and I can do more than walk.
  • saskatoonlady
    saskatoonlady Posts: 2 Member
    Just tried the You tube video of Leslie and it was a nice pace for me just starting out. I have a goal of doing this video at least once per day and reassess at the end of the week.
  • berardellicm6
    berardellicm6 Posts: 43 Member
    Good morning from a coldish (28) central Maine. We still have snow on the ground, although we now have bare patches of ground which gives me hope for warmer weather and planting season. My name is Cathy and I have been peeking into this site for about the last 4 months trying to get my mojo back!

Four years ago I started Nutrisystem and lost 80 pounds. At the current age of 68, the weight does not come off easily, but never the less, I lost the weight with diet and exercise (Leslie and dog walking became fast friends of mine). At 30 pounds left to reach my goal I simply stopped losing weight...lost motivation...stopped Nutrisystem AND walking...and gained 30 pounds.

I am happy to say that I am back on the "horse", starting back on Nutrisystem in February and mid March began Leslie walks. When I was on Nutrisystem the first time I found several of these boards extremely helpful in keeping me on track and motivated...and so, I would like to join your group and commit to 120 minutes for the month. Take care, Cathy B.
  • berardellicm6
    berardellicm6 Posts: 43 Member
    Opps! I mean 1200 minutes! Cathy B.
  • AnnofB
    I went to a used DVD and game store after work tonight and scored an old Leslie workout for $3! :smiley: It was one with Mary Kay leading a very fast mile ~ it made me sweat for sure! Glad to have found a "new to me" workout to add to my rotation.

Today's achievements:
    3 Mile Weight Loss Walk
    1 Mile Burn Body Fat

I have this DVD. Is this the one that has Van, Barb and Stephanie in it? I think Mary Kay does a great job. She never slows down!
  • AnnofB
    Just tried the You tube video of Leslie and it was a nice pace for me just starting out. I have a goal of doing this video at least once per day and reassess at the end of the week.

Welcome!
  • AnnofB
    Good morning from a coldish (28) central Maine. We still have snow on the ground, although we now have bare patches of ground which gives me hope for warmer weather and planting season. My name is Cathy and I have been peeking into this site for about the last 4 months trying to get my mojo back!

Four years ago I started Nutrisystem and lost 80 pounds. At the current age of 68, the weight does not come off easily, but never the less, I lost the weight with diet and exercise (Leslie and dog walking became fast friends of mine). At 30 pounds left to reach my goal I simply stopped losing weight...lost motivation...stopped Nutrisystem AND walking...and gained 30 pounds.

I am happy to say that I am back on the "horse", starting back on Nutrisystem in February and mid March began Leslie walks. When I was on Nutrisystem the first time I found several of these boards extremely helpful in keeping me on track and motivated...and so, I would like to join your group and commit to 120 minutes for the month. Take care, Cathy B.

Glad you are joining us, Cathy B.
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    AnnofB wrote: »

Today's achievements:
    3 Mile Weight Loss Walk
    1 Mile Burn Body Fat

I have this DVD. Is this the one that has Van, Barb and Stephanie in it? I think Mary Kay does a great job. She never slows down!

Yep, that's the one. She's great! I kept thinking if everyone else could keep up with her, I had no excuse! I was so ready for that cool down. :wink:
  • AnnofB
    edited April 2018
    VeggieGirl, Ha-ha, me too!
  • AnnofB
    4/2 Strength & Stamina
    4/3 4 Mile Super Challenge

Walk Strong Everyone!
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    5 Boosted Miles

I only intended to do a 3 mile walk tonight, but I had a bad day and I just needed more Leslie time. The walking helps me clear my head and helps my back some. Had more scans done today on my neck ~ seeing my chiro tomorrow for results and hopefully treatment.
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    @AnnofB Love your new profile pic! :smiley:
  • texasgardnr
    @VeggieGirlforLife, The 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk DVD is one of my many favorite oldie goldies! Mary Kay's middle mile is the best. If Mary Kay ever put out her own DVD back then there would've been many of standing in line to get it. You found a real keeper with that DVD. Well done!

Glad that you joined in here @saskatoonlady. Which LS video did you choose on you Tube? You have a good plan to reassess at the end of the week!

Welcome to our group @berardellicm6! We women of around a certain age do have our own kind of challenges that seem to be a bit more challenging as time goes on. I am so glad that you decided to come on in after all. Good for you in picking back up the reins and turning your horse back around! you can do this again! Awesome goal!

@AnnofB, you're rocking that 4 Mile Super Challenge again!! Well done! Another one of our favorites for sure B) .

April 3rd: 3 miles - Start! American Heart Association walk.

Walk strong! :flowerforyou: