Leslie Sansone April 2018 Walk Challenge

Replies

• berardellicm6
    berardellicm6 Posts: 43 Member
    Sunday = 32 Belly Blasting minutes for a total of 640/1200! Have a great day. Cathy B;
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    Walk Slim: 4 Fast Miles :+1:

I love this one because of all the extra boosting. In fact, it seems like a 3 mile because it goes by so quickly. I enjoy that high energy.
  • MelsLeanDream
    MelsLeanDream Posts: 305 Member
    32/90 # Mile Weightloss Walk
    Still my favourite 'quickie' walk.
  • MelsLeanDream
    34/90 2 Mile Classic Walk
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,093 Member
    April 1-8: 19.43
    April 9-15: 25.37 Miles tracked

Current total: 44.8

Interestingly enough, the Step it up Challenge I'm doing with my local country Parks & Rec has me record my steps daily in a log. It shows for last week I walked 30.32 miles based on my steps. I'm wondering why there is just a difference. For example, last Tuesday I got 13,020 steps recorded. My watch/phone says that is 5.72 miles but the country P&R log says is 6.51? Weird.

After a bad weekend of eating I'm hoping to bounce back today. Off to do a mile or two. Walk strong everyone.
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,093 Member
    1 Steady Mile from Jessica Smith's 6 Mile Mix.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,589 Member
    Deeder522 wrote: »

@AnneofB : This weather isn't even for the birds. I felt bad for the raccoon who took up residence in our large maple tree. The hole where it's living is pointed to the east the same direction a good amount of this front is coming from. We could see the wind fluffing its fur.

I'm hoping to keep power through the night, it blipped off a little bit ago.

You've really had some rough weather up there. Have to feel sorry for the wildlife in those conditions. We saw our first hummingbird on the 2nd of the month. Then had some really bad weather, tornadoes and such. It just seems to be a miracle that something so small can survive all that.

Keep walking strong :)
  • AnnofB
    zichab wrote: »
    Oh my gosh! What a month so far! LOL It's April 14 and we are in the middle of a winter storm with sleet, freezing rain and it is snowing at the moment!! :noway: Where are our spring showers that bring May flowers??? The poor trees and crocus do not know what to do!

I am so sorry to have been MIA, but my browser would not load MFP! I have been tracking on my iPad, but I can't reach the boards from the mobile app. I thought it would just clear up because all my other websites worked, but it didn't. I tried a different browser and had the same issue. Yesterday and today, I finally had time to search the web for fixes and after attempting several, found one that worked!!!! So, I am back on MFP in all my browsers. Honestly, computers make me so aggravated! :explode:

Anyway, it has been a crazy month so far and will get crazier! I have not had much chance to fitness walk as my DH is refinishing the hallway, stairs, living room etc floors and my DVDs are all in a box! A couple more days and I can get back to Leslie on beautifully refinished oak hardwood floors! YEAH!!!! I've almost got a gym now! :laugh: Because of the disruption in my household that will continue into next month, I am going to simply set a goal to walk at least 2 miles a day! For me this is low, but working out is on the back burner for the moment and will return when my world returns to normal-although, I am not sure exactly when THAT will be as more disruption is coming in May! :wink: Life after 65 is crazy!!!! No wonder people retire! :laugh:

Goal-2.0 miles/day or 60 miles/month

4/1-13-Vivofit tracked 33.2-33.2 total miles

Welcome to all new walkers!!! It is nice to have you with us!

I am so sorry to hear about all the problems you have had since the accident VeggieGirl! This distracted driver stuff has to be dealt with much more severely. Yesterday, a lady passed me in the right hand lane and she had her phone on the steering wheel and was texting away! If a car stopped in front of her, she would have slammed right into it resulting in someone else being badly injured. I hope they find the person who hit you and dispense some serious justice! :rage: Meanwhile, enjoy walking with all of us! :sweat_smile:

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:

Hey Zichab!
    Good to "see" you again. What crazy weather. One day it's 75 and the next we are lucky to make it out of the 30's. Though I have to admit, I'll be whining this summer when its in the 90's some I not quite on the band wagon for summer.

MFP was screwed up for a while. what with the hacking. Some people could use the app, some couldn't and a lot of features wouldn't work at all. So aggravating.

I bet your floor is beautiful. And what a great new surface for working out.

About retirement. You will wonder how you ever found time to work. The days go by faster, believe it or not. But I wouldn't trade it. ;)

Good on you getting in the miles in the midst of a reno.

Have a great week. :#
  • AnnofB
    29/90 5 Boosted Miles - such an awesome walk for a Sunday :smiley:

You are killing those miles! 5 Boosted Miles is not a walk in the park. Awesome!
  • AnnofB
    Tonight's achievement: 5 BOOSTED Miles!

51 out of 85 so far! :smiley:

Awesome walking! Gotta love those 5 Boosted Miles. :)
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    70.10/100

3 MIle American Heart Assoc Walk
    2 Mile Walk This Way
  • AnnofB
    Week 3 of getting in some form of exercise at least 5 days a week.
    4/16 weighted workout and 15 minutes of Low Impact HIIT by Jessica Smith
  • AnnofB
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    70.10/100

3 MIle American Heart Assoc Walk
    2 Mile Walk This Way

Look at you go, PinkPan. :)
  • berardellicm6
    Went to see Stars on Ice yesterday! What a great show!

Today I did 48 minutes to Walk Slim. New month total = 684/1200. Have a great day. Cathy B.
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    3 Mile Slim & Sleek
    1 Mile Burn Body Fat
  • MelsLeanDream
    37/90 - Burn to the Beat - 3 Miles
  • berardellicm6
    Walk Slim for 48 minutes. New monthly total = 732/1200. Cathy B.
  • AnnofB
    Start of my week 3
    4/16 A strength workout 33 minutes and a Low Impact HIIT workout/Jessica Smith 15 minutes
    4/17 2 15 minute walks of Walk On 15 minute Fast Fat Blasts/Jessica Smith
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    @zichab, so happy to see ya! Missed you <3 . Yes... life after 65.... :laugh: right there with you except for the house remodeling right now, and the snow (in April). We finally had snow again after years without, this winter. The grandkids as well as my adult children were all over the moon about that lol.

I agree with @AnnofB: "About retirement. You will wonder how you ever found time to work. The days go by faster, believe it or not. But I wouldn't trade it. ;) " So true, especially about the days going by faster and faster....

I loved everyone's posts since I posted on Saturday! All the activity, and all of the miles/minutes as well as all of the amazing posts and sharing- they have been wonderfully encouraging as well as fun to read. <3 .

April 15: rest day

April 16: 65 minutes total - 2 miles: Miracle Mile mile 1 x two, upper and lower body strength sessions, two Walk Blasters for a cool down and stretch,

April 17: 4 miles - Walk Slim, Fast & Firm miles

Walking is good medicine for what ails us!

:flowerforyou:
  • MelsLeanDream
    40/90 3 Mile Weightloss Walk