Leslie Sansone April 2018 Walk Challenge

Replies

• texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    I love seeing all these miles and minutes everyone is doing! So inspiring to read ;) .

April 10: 55 minutes - Mix and Match Walk Blasters: I did the "Total Body Workout" preset walk with added intervals on the gazelle. Plus in the afternoon I did 3 hours of spring cleanup outside.

:flowerforyou:
  • dalynnrmc
    dalynnrmc Posts: 29 Member
    Hi there! Another newbie here....

I deal with fibromyalgia including major fatigue, so I’m not sure where to set my goal really... but I’m glad to have found this group! Inspires me to actually get this dvd out and use it.

Instead of miles, I’ll say my goal is to get it out and have 5 sessions of any length before the end of the month. Is that okay?
  • MelsLeanDream
    MelsLeanDream Posts: 305 Member
    14/90
    U5DWP - Wednesday - 1 Mile
    I was hoping to get in a second walk in the afternoon, but it didn’t happen.
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    Hi @dalynnrmc and welcome! We all make our own personal goals so you can choose whatever works for you.

My aunt had fibromyalgia and I know exercise was pretty difficult for her. I hope you have good days where you feel like walking and you will share your accomplishments with our group. :smile:
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,589 Member
    Week 2 started 4/8
    4/8 Walk and Jog 31 minutes
    4/9 Walking For Weight Loss/Debbie Rocker
    4/10 Walk Off Fat Fast 40 minute walk
    4/11 2 miles of 5 Mix and Match Miles/Jessica Smith
  • AnnofB
    Welcome dalynnrmc. Glad you are joining us.

MelsLeanDream, 1 mile is good!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    48.46/100

7.12 miles golfing today
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Welcome @dalynnrmc , My Mom has Fibro and I've been trying to get her to just watch a small walk in hopes she will actually try one.

Today was the community walk at a county park. Luckily today was fairly warm ( 50's). It was a slow walk however so I'm down on my steps today. 1.80 miles and my heart rate didn't even get high enough to trigger exercise minutes. At least I know to make sure I get some time in with Leslie before a walk.
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    Walk at Home - The Big Burn - 2 Miles of Intervals
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Welcome @dalynnrmc! Your goal is awesome! We all make whatever goal works for us, or our circumstances, for the month. And it can change from month to month also. We will definitely be cheering you on!

@MelsLeanDream, I also agree that one mile is good!! Well done.

April 11: 1 mile -3 Fast & Fun Miles. Light Walk & Flexibility mini walks from Mix and Match Walk Blasters as my w/u and c/d. As well as 2 hours yard/garden work.

Walk, walk, walk :flowerforyou:
  • MelsLeanDream
    16/90 - U5DWP - Thursday - 2 Miles
    I haven't walked so intentionally every day in ages. This group is certainly inspiring!
  • MelsLeanDream
    18/90 - Tone Every Zone - I think its around 2.7 miles so I just added 2 onto my total for the month :smile:
  • Deeder522
    Marching in Malibu with Jenny Ford. Haven't tried this one in a while and it's still not one of my favorites, sorry to say since I like Jenny. Back to Leslie and Jessica for walking later today
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    52.75/100

4.75 miles golfing this morning.
  • dalynnrmc
    dalynnrmc Posts: 29 Member
    Grocery day. I haven’t logged more than about 500 steps in a day since I started... and I’m now sitting at over 8k for the day.

I’m in so much pain and will never go grocery shopping by myself again.
  • Deeder522
    dalynnrmc wrote: »
    Grocery day. I haven’t logged more than about 500 steps in a day since I started... and I’m now sitting at over 8k for the day.

I’m in so much pain and will never go grocery shopping by myself again.

That's a big jump, 500 to 8000! Don't get discouraged you'll get there even with baby steps and sometimes baby steps are the best steps.
  • MelsLeanDream
    21/90
    Burn to the Beat - 3 Miles
  • AnnofB
    Week 2 started 4/8
    4/8 Walk and Jog 31 minutes
    4/9 Walking For Weight Loss/Debbie Rocker
    4/10 Walk Off Fat Fast 40 minute walk
    4/11 2 miles of 5 Mix and Match Miles/Jessica Smith
    4/12 Strength and Stamina/Kelly Coffee-Meyer and Stride, Stretch, Relax/Jessica Smith

Goal met for this week. Going to some plant nurseries with a bud tomorrow. One more frost says our local weather guesser, so... I'm not putting anything out yet in case he's right.

Walk Strong, everyone! Little steps lead to big results if they are done consistently. Start where you are and do what you can. You are going to be successful!
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    4 Mile Super Challenge

It was my first time with this one, but I probably won't do it again. Not enough variety for me and I kept checking the clock waiting for it to be over. :frowning: It's still fun to try all of Leslie's walks, so I will continue to look for ones that are new to me in addition to my current favorites.