Replies

• PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    76.57/100

6.47 miles golfing this afternoon.
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    3 Miles Walk to the Hits: All Time Favorites

Checked this one out from a library and I'm super disappointed. Couldn't stand the generic workout music that is most of this DVD. I also didn't find it challenging or fun. Apologies to anyone who does like this one, it's just not my taste so I won't be buying it. This is why I prefer testing them out first.

In any case, I'm at 62 out of 85 miles! :grin:
  • MelsLeanDream
    MelsLeanDream Posts: 305 Member
    43/90 - Walk to the Hits: Party Songs

@VeggieGirlforLife I don't thinks there's much difference between your walk today and my one from your description. I did purchase it though so I'm gonna continue to do it :wink:
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    April 18: 30 minutes - three Walk Blasters

@VeggieGirlforLife, the DVDs in the Walk to the Hits series were interesting workouts, but just didn't do it for me. I blessed a friend with the one that I bought. I checked out the others in that series from my library and did not purchase them. I'm glad that there are so many options available that anyone is sure to find something that will work for them.

:flowerforyou:
  • PinkyPan1
    82.73/100

6.16 miles golfing this afternoon.
  • MelsLeanDream
    46/90 - Burn to the Beat - 3 Miles
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,589 Member
    Start of my week 3
    4/16 A strength workout 33 minutes and a Low Impact HIIT workout/Jessica Smith 15 minutes
    4/17 2 15 minute walks of Walk On 15 minute Fast Fat Blasts/Jessica Smith
    4/18 no workout today due to a sore throat. :(
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    @MelsLeanDream Yes! I tried the Party Songs before and took it straight back to the library. :lol: Of the 3 in the series, I can tolerate the Radio Remixes the best and I do own that one.

@texasgardnr Agreed. She has a lot of workouts to choose from with many different styles and music. It's why I recommend her so highly, I feel like there is something for everyone. And something for when one (such as me!) gets injured and has to slow things down and modify.

Tonight's accomplishment:
    Walk at Home 15: 1 Mile with Leslie
    Walk at Home 15: 1 Mile with Nick
  • MelsLeanDream
    50/90 - Tone Every Zone x2

Pushed myself to work with the weights. Early night for me now
  • PinkyPan1
    88.15/100

5.42 miles golfing this morning.
  • AnnofB
    Start of my week 3
    4/16 A strength workout 33 minutes and a Low Impact HIIT workout/Jessica Smith 15 minutes
    4/18 no workout today due to a sore throat.
    4/19 36 minutes of seated yoga
  • berardellicm6
    berardellicm6 Posts: 43 Member
    4/18 = 45 minutes dog related gardening
    4/19 = 48 minutes Leslie 5 Mile Walk (I did three miles)

April total = 875/1200

I actually liked the Walking to the Hits DVD, but sadly one of my dogs thought it was a chew toy :-( . I have recently been on Leslie's web site trying to decide what DVD's I want to add to my current group so I have really appreciated the reviews that many of you have provided over these weeks. Cathy B.
  • texasgardnr
    @berardellicm6, That's unfortunate about your dog thinking that the DVD that you liked was another chew toy :grumble: . You probably already know this: - Amazon is a treasure trove for reviews of Leslie DVDs. YouTube has some full workouts as well as sampling of other workouts that you can view.

I just checked on Collage Video's website to see what I could find out. They, collagevideo dot com, have Leslie DVDs.
    Their DVDs have a short video clip which, the ones that I quickly looked at, also had screen shots of the menu screen to show what choices you have when selecting various options that DVD may have, if any.
    There is also a "Certified instructor description:" of the workout, as well as reviews from customers. Plus a lot of other information including the DVD's back cover information.
    They also carry other fitness DVDs as well.
    Collage Video seems to be fully back in business with the information available that we who purchased from them a number of years ago always appreciated! I do not know who owns them now, but the web site is in full swing again. That was good to see! ( ;) I'm not associated with them, but they were one of my sources for Leslie DVDs at that time, as well as great information. I was sad to see them close when they did, but really happy to see that they are up and running now).

April 19: 3 miles - 3 Mega Miles with strength band work.

Walk Strong!

• VeggieGirlforLife
    Unfortunately, I've been advised by my chiro not to lift my arms over my head or out to the sides for awhile due to pain in both shoulders and base of my neck from the whiplash. I was searching thru Leslie's videos trying to find one with limited upper body work. So, I ended up doing the following:

3 Miles ~ 5K With a Twist!

@texasgardnr & @berardellicm6 I have visited Collage Video a lot. I have a friend who buys all her DVDs from them because you can return them within 15 days if you don't like them. You get store credit and you can try something else. Personally, I only go to the site to see the clips and read the reviews - then I go to Amazon or my local used DVD stores to purchase because it saves me $$.
  • AnnofB
    Start of my week 3
    4/18 no workout today due to a sore throat.
    4/19 36 minutes of seated yoga
    4/20 ... 54 minutes of Walk Blasters
  • AnnofB
    Unfortunately, I've been advised by my chiro not to lift my arms over my head or out to the sides for awhile due to pain in both shoulders and base of my neck from the whiplash. I was searching thru Leslie's videos trying to find one with limited upper body work. So, I ended up doing the following:

3 Miles ~ 5K With a Twist!

Oh no! That's very limiting for someone as active as you are. Hope you find many workouts to keep you going in the right direction. Sure don't want to aggravate those injuries. I'm not familiar with the 5K with a Twist but knowing Leslie, I bet you got a good workout even though you could not do the arm movements. Hope you get better soon. It's frustrating to be held back when you feel like you can do it. Hang in there.
  • PinkyPan1
    92.93/100

4.78 miles golfing today.
  • berardellicm6
    berardellicm6 Posts: 43 Member
    Completed the Walk Slim DVD today for 60 minutes.

April total = 935/1200!

Thanks for the info on Collage Video. I remember when I was first being introduced to Leslie walks, I did go to that web site to see what there was in her collection. They DO have a ton of stuff to view! Have a good evening everyone. Cathy B.
  • texasgardnr
    @VeggieGirlforLife, all of Leslie's DVDs do the warmups for the arms, and lifting the arms at some time or the other, such as for knee lifts, or clapping during moves such as double side steps and so on.

Leslie often mentions that one of the benefits of working out at home is that we are free to modify and do what is best for us.
    To demonstrate an example, for instance, she does show modifications such as arms on hips instead of raised in some parts of 3 Mega Miles. She also sometimes has modifiers when she is showing boosted moves or boosted walking intervals. Examples: a modifier will walk in place instead of boosting their walk during HIIT intervals. And Leslie will demonstrate doing a simple double side step instead of a grapevine if that is difficult.

At any time we can take those, and other examples that we come across, and also make up our own modifications, and modify any portion of a DVD to suite our needs, or health challenge, of the moment.

In the same way we can also boost any move to make it more challenging for our self when we want a little extra burn when we are feeling especially strong. For example, we can change single side steps into moving forward ones, or into skaters.

Also any workout can be done without using the strength band by following the steps, or making up our own steps, while not doing the stretchy band strength part.

I hope that this helps you exercise according to your chiropractor's guidelines <3 . Hugs. Be creative, and also have fun with it, while you are recovering. You are doing awesome!

April 20: 2 miles - Walk It Off In 30 Days, both the Burn & Firm 30.

We are walking strong into the weekend!

• VeggieGirlforLife
    @AnnofB yes, it's very frustrating for me! I come from Jillian Michaels training, so I'm used to very high energy. I fractured my foot doing one of her workouts a couple years ago and I was in a boot for almost 3 months. I was so upset. When I went back to her workouts, I did okay for a few months and then I was injured again! My foot has never healed perfectly and causes some discomfort when working out. That is how I discovered Leslie last year. I'm happy to keep moving as much as possible and I have to really try not to overdo it!

@texasgardnr Thank you for the reminders that I could vary even the feet movement/steps. I should do that because I get bored when I'm just walking in place while she's doing upper body movements. I am trying to stay away from the strength band workouts because I get over confident and am afraid I'll still try to do them! :lol: I have a hard time keeping things low key. I am grateful there are plenty of choices to keep me moving during this time.

Tonight: 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk