TEAM: Gutbusters (May)

Options

Replies

• LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    @craigo3154 Thanks for sharing the beautiful picture! Enjoy your time at home at last
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,946 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Username: inshapeCK
    Weigh-in week: Week 4
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    Previous week's weight: 149.3 pounds
    Current weight: 150.0 pounds

Up 0.7 pounds. Not surprised as I ate at a restaurant on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday using birthday dessert coupons on Sunday and Monday and met up with different family members on Friday and Saturday. No real regrets. Just wish I didn't like processed food so much. Wish I loved salad but I don't. I have gotten better at only drinking water (instead of pop) when eating out and I do pretty well with portion control as I brought home leftovers from all 3 restaurants instead of overeating so not a total disaster but still a long way to go when it comes to eating healthy.
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    May 23
    Exercise: Yes
    Calories: No
    Tracked: Yes

This is a story that starts well, but doesn't end so well. My husband wanted to go out to dinner last night. I knew the restaurant would have limited good choices, so I planned ahead: I made a high-protein smoothie to have on the way since it's a long drive from where we live; I looked at the menu beforehand and determined the salad I could have; and I envisioned myself ordering and eating the salad without the dressing.

Then, right before we left for the restaurant, I had a very uncomfortable conversation with a family member that resulted in that person crying. I didn't realize the topic was so emotional for that person, and the whole 45 minute drive to the restaurant after that I was shaking and feeling so bad about how I'd made this other person feel. So, at the restaurant, I was not my best, and in addition to my smoothie and the planned salad, I had some of the nachos my husband had ordered. And then the whole rest of the night and through this morning I've felt bad still about that incident from yesterday.

So, on food planning, I mostly did well. On dealing with emotional triggers to eating, not so well. And then there's this larger matter, which is that the conversation with the family member went so poorly, and I am not a confrontational person: I talk slowly and softly in highly emotional moments and choose my words very carefully. I was not trying to cause this person pain. And the issue at stake is still at stake, but now we know it's a landmine and I'm not sure how to get through it. Ugh.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    May 24
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 3km in 25+min (North Sydney hills over lunchtime).
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Home now. Nice to be home (if only for a short while). Lots to do before weekend away with family.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for May 24 is sit-ups or crunches (abs day - be sure to use a mat or towel for cushioning - )

2 sets
    • First set till the point where you can do no more, wait 2 mins
    • Second set of 50% of the number you did in the first set (half)

The reason for only 2 sets for this exercise is that it ideally should be balanced with back strengthening exercises (which plank variants provide).
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Username: Stimpy56
    Week: MAY WK 3
    Weigh day: Thursday
    Previous week: 235.5
    Current weight: 235.5

I totally forgot to weigh in today! I got home for the gym and just went about my day. This is my weight from last week. too funny.
  • westray16
    westray16 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    May 23
    Exercise yes 14k steps throughout day and half hour zumba
    Calories Yes
    Tracking yes
  • craigo3154
    Options
    Username: craigo3154
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Week's Weight: (64.0kg) 141.1
    Todays Weight: (64.2kg) 141.5

Unable to weigh in Wednesday as away all week. First chance was Friday morning.

Was 64.5 Monday morning early before travel and 64.2 on return on Friday. Not bad for being away. Kept to plan.
  • alydanbeads
    alydanbeads Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Username: alydanbeads
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 138.2
    Current weight: 139.4
  • craigo3154
    Options
    May 25
    Exercised?: Yes. 8,000+ steps - preparing for weekend away (and then interstate next week) - LOTS of housework.
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

3+ hours of housework before away for weekend. Weekend with family to celebrate my upcoming 50th birthday next month (before my parents go interstate for the next 4 months).

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for May 25 is door frame rows ()

3 sets
    • First set till the point where you can do no more, wait 2 mins
    • Second set of 50% of the number you did in the first set (half)
    • Third set

The reason for this exercise is push ups and dips work primarily the triceps (pushing). This exercise balances the others by working the biceps (pulling).
  • susanbenita
    susanbenita Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    24th May

exercise - 9000steps
    calories - yes
    tracked - yes

• fe452436
    fe452436 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Username:fe452436
    Weigh in day:Friday
    Weigh in week:4
    Previous week weight:195.5
    Weight this week:192.5lbs
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Username: aeloine
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    Last week's weight: 221.6 lbs
    This week's weight: 224.6

I'm just having a rough month. Down 2 pounds since Wednesday but I've been eating my feelings a lot. Huge layoffs at work coupled with having to interview for new positions and a potential move.
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,322 Member
    Options
    Username: typeitdaily
    Weigh in week: 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 239
    Todays Weight: 239
  • sunderland_mich93
    sunderland_mich93 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Username: sunderland_mich93
    Weigh in week: 4
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 195.4
    Todays Weight: 195
  • eevang
    eevang Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    @LesIckaBod I’m sorry to hear you are having a tough time! That conversation sounded really tough. You might want to consider journaling about your feelings regarding the situation. I was in a tough situation once where I wasn’t able to confront something (literally could not for several important reasons) and found journaling helped me cope. I felt pretty helpless at the time, but writing things down made me feel more in control of my feelings. Also if you do need to have the conversation again, journaling can help you organize your thoughts.

I hope things get better soon.
  • susanbenita
    susanbenita Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    May 25

exercise: 13000 + steps
    calories - not under goal, but maintenance
    tracked - yes

@craigo3154 is it OK if I change my weigh-in day to Tuesday for the June challenge, please?
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Username: emmclean
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous weight: 192
    Current weight: 191

Last weekend was a challenge, according to my fitbit I sat down for all of 20 minutes on Saturday when we had our bridesmaids and groomsmen over! However in my effort to stay on track I didn't eat much from the BBQ, but drank loads without thinking about it, also forgetting that as I've lost weight my tolerance has gone down significantly! I had to put myself to bed at 10:30 :neutral:
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    may 25
    Exercise: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    @eevang Thanks for the kind words and the idea to journal. About that whole situation ... ugh.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    @craigo3154 , I have not been able to get on a scale this week. Please use last week's number.
This discussion has been closed.