April 28
    Exercise - yes
    Calories? Yes
    Tracked? Yes
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    April 29
    Exercised?: Yes. Over 14,000 steps setting up and packing up drone track.
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Beautiful weather light winds. Another great day flying.

Was an actual race day today. Flew fine once I sorted out the video problems (hard to fly what you cannot see where you are going). The video problems cost me A LOT of time and places in the first 2 heats of the day so I did not make the semi-finals, but my goal was to fly as I knew I could and I did that in the final 2 heats. Also managed to navigate the dive gate a number of times (which has is my hardest obstacle - effectively fly through a small gap, at the ground and miss at the last second).

LOTS of walking setting up and packing up the track.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for April 29 is sit-ups or crunches (abs day - be sure to use a mat or towel for cushioning - )

2 sets
    • First set till the point where you can do no more, wait 2 mins
    • Second set of 50% of the number you did in the first set (half)

The reason for only 2 sets for this exercise is that it ideally should be balanced with back strengthening exercises (which plank variants provide).
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    With the vanilla discussions issue, I had forgotten about this page. Good thing I checked my calendar! I have a browser bookmark, now, but that doesn't help from my phone :(
  • concordancia
    Options
    April 29:
    Exercise: yes (11k steps)
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: yes

A very bizarre weekend led to an unplanned experiment in 24 hour fasting. However, I am ready for the adrenaline to subside so that I can get some sleep.
  • mrsjlmann
    mrsjlmann Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Need to get in the habit of posting on here daily. Anyway, week 1 weight loss 0.5kg.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    April 30
    Exercised?: Yes. Yes. Walk 6km in 44 mins (hills).
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Work day today. Still managed to get out walk.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for April 30 is door frame rows ()

3 sets
    • First set till the point where you can do no more, wait 2 mins
    • Second set of 50% of the number you did in the first set (half)
    • Third set

The reason for this exercise is push ups and dips work primarily the triceps (pushing). This exercise balances the others by working the biceps (pulling).
  • craigo3154
    Options
    With the vanilla discussions issue, I had forgotten about this page. Good thing I checked my calendar! I have a browser bookmark, now, but that doesn't help from my phone :(

@concordancia. With bookmarks not working, I'll try remind group members who need to weigh in with Happy weigh-in messages.
  • craigo3154
    Options
  • craigo3154
    Options
    As we have a lot of new members, I'll start with a daily question that a few may already know the answer to.

When you lose weight, where does the weight go?

I'll include a reference tomorrow that will explain the full answer, but interested to know what people think.
  • brunchowl
    brunchowl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    User name: brunchowl
    May week 1
    Last week: 177.4
    Today: 177.4

I didn't do too much different this week, if anything I was more active than usual, but I lost 8.6 lbs combined in the past 3 weeks which exceeds my calorie deficit, so I'm assuming it's all evening out. I can't complain!
  • HSM2673
    HSM2673 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Having trouble savings the thread, MFP I need vanilla to have permission to ⭐️
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    April 29
    Exercised: yes - 10 min ab workout, 20 min on treadmill
    Tracked: yes

Home all day by myself with my rascals, who were especially rascally (i.e. new bottle of nail polish ended up all over bathroom floor, walls, counter, cabinets... then tracked outside the bathroom onto the carpet in the hall. Imagine little coral-colored footprints scurrying away from the scene of the crime).

Held it together somehow, and even managed to get the workout in. I think I didn't eat enough calories though, so I was super hungry at bedtime
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    May Week 1
    Last week: 212.2
    This week: 208.7

Difference of 3.5 lbs. I'm really skeptical of today's weight. I bet I'm going to see a bounce back today and tomorrow, but who knows. Stay the course!
  • concordancia
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Username: concordancia
    Day: Monday
    Week: 1
    Previous: 197.5
    Current: 194.5

I was a bit disappointed given how bloated I was last week, but the two weeks still average out to 2lbs/week, so I was being unrealistic. That pretty much sums up my overall mental state over the past week.
  • westray16
    westray16 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Val and I live in the lake district, England. I am married with 2 children in their twenties, and 2 dogs. I am getting back into exercise after Achilles problems and am getting to love just being out in the fresh air, walking again. This is my third month of doing this and am finding it an excellent motivator.
  • westray16
    westray16 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Username westray16
    Weigh in day Monday
    Previous weight 13st 10lb
    Current weight 13st 9lbs

I aim to start posting daily on here
  • sunderland_mich93
    sunderland_mich93 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    @craigo3154

Could you make sure my weigh-in day was changed, and saved, to Saturday? It did say Saturday from when I originally requested the change, but it is currently back to Wednesday. Thanks!
  • craigo3154
    Options
    @craigo3154

Could you make sure my weigh-in day was changed, and saved, to Saturday? It did say Saturday from when I originally requested the change, but it is currently back to Wednesday. Thanks!

@sunderland_mich93. Done. Thank you for reminding me.

In which case, I need this weeks weigh-in from you. :)
  • susanbenita
    susanbenita Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi, all,

Looking forward to getting going this month and back into the routine of diet and exercise.

Weigh in day Monday
    Previous weight 187 lbs
    Current weight 183.8 lbs

Exercised: yes - 30 minute brisk walk. 11,500 steps done today
    Tracked: yes - stayed under goal
This discussion has been closed.