TEAM: Gutbusters (May)

Options

Replies

• craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    May 3
    Exercised?: Yes. Yes. Walk 6km in 46 mins (hills).
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Early walk today (bad weather was forecast for later in the day expected).

Not much else to report today.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for May 03 is push ups

3 sets
    • First set till the point where you can do no more, wait 2 mins
    • Second set of 60% of the number you did in the first set (half, then another 10%), wait 2 mins
    • Third set of 50% of the number you did in the first set (half)
  • craigo3154
    Options
    Reason I asked "What makes you feel good (apart from food)? " is that you should be setting aside some time each day to do just that. Everyone needs some "me" time each day.

Daily question for today: What did you learn this week?

I believe you should never stop learning, or finding opportunities to learn. I am listening to an audio book on depression, cognitive therapy and medication. Just today I learned about how the brain nerves fire and what different anti-depressant medications do to the brain chemistry.

I also continue to learn German (as my daughter is studying it at school, I am learning the language to assist her) as well as professional learning about IT systems (this is my day job that keeps me busy).
  • craigo3154
    Options
    Had to drive hubby to work again, so lots of hiking today. I even went a little ways into the canyon. If I plan ahead, I don't think it would be any problem to go into the canyon and get back out again. I just didn't leave enough time today.

As I type, it occurs to me how well I am dealing with his issues while being on top my diet: no eating out of frustration or fear or even boredom while waiting for him.

@concordancia. You are doing fantastically well. Realising how well you are doing means you are at a stage where you can occasionally be simultaneously a participant and observer (an extremely valuable skill - allows you to put decision between stimulus and response).

Well done.

Keep doing what you are doing. It seems to be working for you.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    May 1st

Exercise: not as such - I had a very busy day at work yesterday so I did manage 13, 300 steps
    Calories: yes - stayed under goal
    Tracked: yes

It's my day off today so I plan to do yesterday's strength challenge of the side lunges plus todays side planks, followed by a 45 minute walk. We are out to dinner tonight at an Indian restaurant with friends. I have logged all the calories I intend to eat into my diary already and the exercise today will make sure I am under my goal by tonight! Yaay!
    Fail to plan, plan to fail!

Hope you all have a great day.

@susanbenita. 13,300 steps qualifies as over 20 mins activity. So May 1 is a yes on Exercise too.

"Fail to plan, plan to fail!" - Words to live by.

Even if things do not go according to plan ("No plan survives first contact with the enemy/implementation") at least you have an objective and a rough idea of how to get there.
  • susanbenita
    susanbenita Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    May 2nd

Exercise - yes! @craigo3154 thank you so much for setting the daily strength challenges. I'm usually such an all or nothing person so I've been putting off my "must do my full-body workout 3 times a week routine when I'm less busy". Of course, I'm never less busy, so just doing the daily snippet of the challenges has got me going again! Wow, I feel it in my legs today after doing the side lunges!
    Calories: I did well with the plan yesterday, but after the restaurant meal we got invited back to our friends house for more drinks. That wasn't planned for. So...366 calories over maintenance. Will try to make that up today.
    Tracked: yes.
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Username: Stimpy56
    Week: MAY WK 1
    Weigh day: Thursday
    Previous week: 237.0
    Current weight: 237.0

No gain or loss this week, but I need to watch my eating more. I need to start preparing healthy snacks to bring to work. I think that will be my goal this month.
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »
    Happy weigh-in
    inshapeCK wrote: »
    Username: inshapeCK
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Week's Weight: 149.4 pounds
    Todays Weight: (64.0kg) 149.8 pounds

Up 0.4 pounds.
    Not going to fret about it.
    Will aim to get it back off next week.

@inshapeCK. I make 64kg = 141.9 lbs. 149.8 lbs = 68kg (conversion factor is 2.204622622 or 2.2 for approximation).

I can vary almost 2lbs within a day, so don't worry about such a small variation.

@craigo3154

That's too funny! I never meant to put anything in kilograms. I copied and pasted your weigh in post to get the format and to have the correct weigh in week since we weigh in on the same day and I guess I accidentally forgot to erase part of your weigh in post, lol!!!!! :D
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    May 2 Check in
    Exercise: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes

Held it all together by a thread...
  • craigo3154
    Options
    @craigo3154

I will be going out of town for the weekend. Could I weigh in Friday for Saturday?

@sunderland_mich93. That is fine. When you cannot make a Saturday, fine to post a weight earlier in the week.

Need at least one weigh-in per week. I tend to take the one closest to nominated day if more than one for a week.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    May 3:
    Exercise: yes
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: yes

Made it back to yoga this morning, so all good on exercise. I was starving in the early part of the day, but had limited options with me at work, so stuck to the plan by default.

I have an opportunity to go out dancing tomorrow. I wish this kind of thing happened in the middle of the afternoon instead of at bedtime.
  • fe452436
    fe452436 Posts: 255 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    May 3

Exercise:yes
    Tracking:yes
    Calories:yes
  • parinzz
    parinzz Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Username: parinzz
    Week: MAY WK 1
    Weigh day: Thursday
    Previous week: 140.0
    Current weight: 140.0
  • westray16
    westray16 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Exercise yes 13k steps during day
    Tracking yes
    Calories yes
  • westray16
    westray16 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    LesIckaBod wrote: »
    May 2 Check in
    Exercise: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes

Held it all together by a thread...

Held it all together by a thread - can relate completely with that. It sums up exactly how I feel when I get through the day still in control
  • susanbenita
    susanbenita Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    May 3

Exercise: yes - hit my 14000 step goal. Despite my legs being so sore from the lunge challenge! The push-ups are being done this morning.
    Calories: yes - well under goal and made up for the surplus on Wednesday
    Tracking: yes

@craigo3154 Looking forward to today's challenge, coach!
  • alydanbeads
    alydanbeads Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Username: alydanbeads
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 138.8
    Current weight: 140.2
  • craigo3154
    edited May 2018
    Options
    May 4
    Exercised?: Yes. Yes. Walk 6km in 46 mins (hills).
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Late walk today (managed to find a gap in the showers).

Busy day. Looking forward to the weekend.

@susanbenita. Will continue to post the Daily Strength challenge. :) Even if only you an I do them. We get the benefit :)

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for May 04 is lunges ()

3 sets
    • First set 10 or 15 each leg (if 10 is too easy continue to 15).
    • Second set 6 or 9 each leg.
    • Third set 5 or 8 each leg.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    Happy weigh in day for: @fe452436. @szymanskicolleen. @typeitdaily.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »

Daily question for today: What did you learn this week?

I believe you should never stop learning, or finding opportunities to learn. I am listening to an audio book on depression, cognitive therapy and medication. Just today I learned about how the brain nerves fire and what different anti-depressant medications do to the brain chemistry.

I also continue to learn German (as my daughter is studying it at school, I am learning the language to assist her) as well as professional learning about IT systems (this is my day job that keeps me busy).

So no one else on the Gutbusters team learned anything this week?
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    This would normally be an easy question for me, but I kind of feel like I am barely holding on this week. Not ideal conditions for actually learning. I already knew I had little patience for fools.

Oh, wait, I did learn to sear scallops! Yum!
This discussion has been closed.