TEAM: Gutbusters (May)

Options

Replies

• krissturner
    krissturner Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »

Daily question for today: What did you learn this week?

I believe you should never stop learning, or finding opportunities to learn. I am listening to an audio book on depression, cognitive therapy and medication. Just today I learned about how the brain nerves fire and what different anti-depressant medications do to the brain chemistry.

I also continue to learn German (as my daughter is studying it at school, I am learning the language to assist her) as well as professional learning about IT systems (this is my day job that keeps me busy).

So no one else on the Gutbusters team learned anything this week?

I'm in school right now so everyday I'm staring into books of information I didn't know or sometimes... didn't want to know! Lol

But I have been studying French and I'm having a pretty darn fun time doing it while walking cliff side every night. I think it's pretty great you and your daughter are learning German, that is the next language I'm going to start when I get the basics of French down.

I've also learned I'm more a do-er than a talk-er or post-er. I do the daily strength challenges each day, but then come after hours I don't post... I do the same thing in my English class though, spent ages writing a paper and then almost forgot to post it on time...
    Definitely something to work on!
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    Username: typeitdaily
    Weigh in week: 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 242.6
    Todays Weight: 241.2
  • sunderland_mich93
    sunderland_mich93 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Username: sunderland_mich93
    Week: Week 1
    Weigh day: Saturday
    Previous week: 195.8
    Current weight: 197.6

I’m hoping the 2 pound difference is bloating, or added water weight since it has been hotter lately and even hotter at work. We shall see.
  • szymanskicolleen
    szymanskicolleen Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Last week 142
    This week 142
    Allergies are bad on the Eastern shore,my black car looks like a bumble bee!
  • fe452436
    fe452436 Posts: 255 Member
    Options

Username:fe452436
    Weigh in week:1
    Weigh in day:Friday
    Current weight:193.5 lbs

I am putting effort this time by doing exercise also.I have joined gym. One and a half month ago I got the membership and soon after getting it my finger got badly hurt.For 10 days I have started going again.But after 13 days our fasting month will start but doing exercise in that month will be a challenge because one has to drink water during exercise.
    Good luck!
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Username: emmclean
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Week's Weight: 195
    Todays Weight: 197

Not happy! Have been doing more strength training than cardio this week but no significant change to my diet. Hopefully just water weight. I've been patient before and it's all worked out in the end.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    May 5
    Exercised?: Yes. Yes. Setup and takedown drone course (over 13,000 steps).
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Busy day with drone practice. Wife at craft day all day, but home in the evening. Daughter is interstate with the school.

Went out for Korean for dinner with wife. Very enjoyable.

Daily Strength challenge

"Challenge for May 05 is squats (no weight - air squat - http://www.12minuteathlete.com/how-to-do-a-proper-air-squat/).
    You can do assisted squats (using a table or bench top to take weight off the knees if it is too much)."

3 sets
    • First set till the point where you can do no more, wait 2 mins
    • Second set of 60% of the number you did in the first set (half, then another 10%), wait 2 mins
    • Third set of 50% of the number you did in the first set (half)
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    Happy weigh in day for @krissturner. @Reanna143.
  • susanbenita
    susanbenita Posts: 95 Member
    Options

I believe you should never stop learning, or finding opportunities to learn. I am listening to an audio book on depression, cognitive therapy and medication. Just today I learned about how the brain nerves fire and what different anti-depressant medications do to the brain chemistry.

I also continue to learn German (as my daughter is studying it at school, I am learning the language to assist her) as well as professional learning about IT systems (this is my day job that keeps me busy).

@craigo3154 Yep! I learned that our coach has a slightly sadistic streak - making me do more lunges! ;)
  • susanbenita
    Options

It's an interesting question. I generally pride myself on learning and teaching myself how to do things, practical things, I mean. But this week, I guess I've learned to make time for myself which has been really hard to do lately. That is mostly thanks to joining this team and the challenge which has kept me inspired and motivated.
  • susanbenita
    Options
    This would normally be an easy question for me, but I kind of feel like I am barely holding on this week. Not ideal conditions for actually learning. I already knew I had little patience for fools.

Oh, wait, I did learn to sear scallops! Yum!

Love scallops!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    May 4:
    Exercise: yes
    Calories: no
    Tracked: yes

Calories were still in a deficit and the food choices were reasonable. All in all, it was a horrible day, but in the end we finally saw the newest Star Wars.
  • Stefbomb2020
    Stefbomb2020 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Username: reanna143
    Previous weeks weight: 204
    Today’s weight: 204
  • fe452436
    fe452436 Posts: 255 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    May 4
    Exercise:yes (45 min circuit training)
    Tracking: yes
    Calories:yes (under limit)

I learned to use the tare button functionality in my newly bought glass scale for measuring items of food this week.It reads the weight of container and shows zero to start with.More items can be put in the container pressing tare button each time and it gives the reading of the newly added substance.A small thing but useful and was new for me.
    I have learnt that if kids are not eating at the table and escape then I must go after them and make them eat with patience because this was becoming a problem.This week I was running after my 3 year old.
    This week I also attended Pilates class and learnt balance exercises.
    I continue to learn programming languages and algorithms because I find this subject difficult.
  • biche896
    biche896 Posts: 261 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Username: biche896
    Week: 2 (its 2 right?)
    Weigh day: Sunday
    Previous week: 139.1
    Current weight: 137.13
  • eevang
    eevang Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    This week I learned that my weight had a much larger psychological effect on me than I previously realized.

I highly value mental health and have—for a long time now—felt very steady and secure from a psychological perspective. However, this weight loss process taught me a lot about myself and how my weight affected my quality of life.

I already learned that I avoided mirrors and photos without realizing it. This week, I’ve learned that I kept clothes because they looked okay on my body...not because I liked them. In fact, I have items of clothing that I hate. Like, most of my old clothes. At 25 years old, I had the wardrobe of a 50 year old woman. This was, in large part, due to the plus sized clothing choices in my rural community being abysmal. I do think there are nice plus clothes out there, but in my area, they are hard to find, and I’ve never been a driven shopper.

Having a boring, overly mature wardrobe...made me sad even if I didn’t process it at the time. It’s hard to feel confident when you can’t stand what you’re wearing. This week, I’m getting rid of things that blatantly don’t fit (mostly non-stretchy items) and any items I don’t like.

I always felt like I didn’t have an overly large wardrobe. But when you factor in the amount of clothes I’ve kept around because they fit, my overall wardrobe was huge while the wardrobe I actually wore was so, so small. I felt uncomfortable getting rid of something that was remotely flattering when so many things weren’t.
  • krissturner
    krissturner Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Username: krissturner
    Previous weeks weight: 244.4
    Today’s weight: 240.6
    Good luck everyone and goodnight!
  • susanbenita
    Options
    eevang wrote: »
    But when you factor in the amount of clothes I’ve kept around because they fit, my overall wardrobe was huge while the wardrobe I actually wore was so, so small.

I can totally relate to this.
  • susanbenita
    Options
    May 5

Exercise: yes - lunges!
    Calories: yes, stayed under
    Tracked: not exactly but best guesstimate
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    May 5: