TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (June)

Options

Replies

• txmaryk99
    txmaryk99 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I work 12 hour night shift 2 days a week (if I don't get cancelled) and I worked last night.

The fit bit did not record any of my time as "active" minutes but since I made a concerted effort to walk the long way around to the supply room and staff bathroom several times and I went home exhausted I am counting that as exercise.

Friday 25
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes

Saturday
    Calories: no
    Exercise :yes

@monkeymintaka keep up with the C25k. I used running as an excuse to eat whatever I wanted and never did lose weight. You are proof that it is great exercise and you will do it again.

@katevt78 100# that is great. I plan to follow in your steps.

@HASWLRS thank you for the welcome. Glad to be on this team and get some good butt kicking. <3
  • aprilcanrun
    aprilcanrun Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS I jumped right in at week 4, I've been running at least once a week for the last year - so i haven't completely lost my running fitness - but I wanted to start gently so I can get back into a multi-run-a-week habit. Then I got sick the day after. I blame it on the physical exercise haha!!
  • WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    My journey started December 2014. I lost 30 pounds during 2015 and then yo-yoed the next 10 pounds for the 2016 and 2017. As of today, I have lost that next 10 again. So my current total loss is 40 pounds and I currently have about 14 pounds to go to reach my December 2018 goal. I have decided that I have no interest in further yo-yoing. My family is totally behind me now as I work to achieve my current goal weight by December of this year. I have decided to dedicate the entire year of 2019 to the last 7 of my ultimate goal weight.

This group and the support of our team has been very helpful to staying on task this year especially through a few up and downs that I’ve experienced. Looking forward to a wonderful new month. :)
  • MelsLeanDream
    MelsLeanDream Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Mel and I am from New Zealand and now live in Western Australia. I have been overweight since I had my last child almost 5 years ago and have yo-yo'd a lot over that time. When we moved over here I took time off work to spend time with my children as an at home mum. I work most night which helps me stay active, but I may have to go back to teaching next year. I realised that if I didn't do something about my weight this year, then I would have wasted the opportunity of time that I have available to me right now to do something about my weight. As of January 1st, I have lost 23kg (46lbs approx) and plan on continuing my progress. May has been very hard but June is looking awesome :smiley:
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Destiny and I've been in this group since the beginning of the year. I'm a 30 year old stay at home mom of 4 kiddos from ages 8 years to 6 months. I was overweight most of my life but after I had my oldest I got really motivated to get healthy for her. But it seems like every time I got close to my goal weight I got pregnant again :D Now that I'm done having babies I'm ready to FINALLY get to my goal and stay there!
  • hippienana
    hippienana Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Username: makhe1224 -
    May 27th
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Starting Weight: 176 lbs
    Current Weight: 176 lbs
    Goal weight: 120 lbs ( so i have a ways to go)
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,001 Member
    Options
    makhe1224 wrote: »
    Username: makhe1224 -
    May 27th
    Starting Weight: 176 lbs
    Current Weight: 176 lbs
    Goal weight: 120 lbs ( so i have a ways to go)

You didn't gain, so that is a positive, and a good place to (re) start the losing portion of this program!! Break your overall goal down into smaller, manageable goals, so it doesn't seem so daunting a task!! First goal, say, into the 160's!
  • katevt78
    katevt78 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge 5/27
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: 60 min yoga
    Water: 80 oz
  • katevt78
    katevt78 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Username: katevt78
    Weigh in week: June week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous weight: 160.8
    Today’s weight: 156.4

I really upped my protein last week and it seems to have worked!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Results for May Week #4:

Overall for the week, our own @MelsLeanDream came 1st with a loss of 3.52%, and @thedestar came 3rd with a loss of 2.21%!!! Congratulations, ladies!! Rounding out the top three Big Butts was @GardenMama129 with a loss of 1.29%! Well done to all of you!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Results for May...the Grand Finale!!!

It seems like every month we have one of our own at the top of the loser board. However, this month is different.....we have TWO instead!!! So, without further adieu.....drum roll please.....

The Overall Biggest Loser for the month of May is our very own @katevt78, with a loss of 5.41%!! (cue the virtual confetti and pop the champagne, but wait to toast). Coming in a very close second is last month's winner, and our own @MelsLeanDream with a loss of 5.15%!! Raise your glasses and help me say "Congratulations and well done to Kate and Mel!!!

As a team we didn't do great....we only lost 27.1 pounds. Yes, we had a small team but @MelsLeanDream lost 10.4 pounds and @katevt78 lost 9.2 pounds, so the rest of us didn't lose very much!!! However we did have a number of Big Butts lose over 2% of their body weight and I'd like to acknowledge them here for a job well done:

@katevt78: 5.41%
    @MelsLeanDream: 5.15%
    @lolakinks: 3.19%
    @mari_moulin: 3.19%
    @thedestar: 2.52%
    @makhe1224: 2.25%
    @GardenMama129: 2.21%

Who is extremely inspired by what our two champions did in May, and is ready to now have a great June themselves? I know I am!!! Let's all show June who's boss!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    katevt78 wrote: »
    Username: katevt78
    Previous weight: 160.8
    Today’s weight: 156.4

I really upped my protein last week and it seems to have worked!

Oh, my gosh, Kate!!! You really did have an aversion to being in the 160's!! You got out of there lickety split!!! So, upping your protein and running your butt off, apparently, is the magic combination for a very great week, and great month!!! Well done, you!!
  • aprilcanrun
    aprilcanrun Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Username: monkeymintaka
    Today’s weight: 240.5

I think I will skip the mini challenge this month - I have just started with this whole healthy thing recently and I want to focus on creating an exercise habit before I go crazy with counting calories. It's helped me in the past to begin like that.

• HASWLRS
    Options
    Username: monkeymintaka
    Today’s weight: 240.5

I think I will skip the mini challenge this month - I have just started with this whole healthy thing recently and I want to focus on creating an exercise habit before I go crazy with counting calories. It's helped me in the past to begin like that.

You do whatever works best for you! It is an optional challenge... You can jump in, though, at any time. It can even be for one day here and there if you find you have eaten at a deficit and exercised.
  • TooMuchChocolate88
    TooMuchChocolate88 Posts: 43 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Not sure if this is week one or if next week is so here i go.

Username: TooMuchChocolate88
    Last Weeks Weight: 251lbs
    Current Weight 250.4lbs

Looking forward to reaching goals with you all =)
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    I am working on the Mini Challenge results for last week, but I won't get then posted until this evening. I am going to visit my parents for lunch and they live an hour's drive away. I need to get my butt off this computer and into the shower!

For those of you celebrating Memorial Day, enjoy your holiday, but enjoy in moderation!! That second serving of potato salad will NOT taste any different from the first serving!!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Not sure if this is week one or if next week is so here i go.

Username: TooMuchChocolate88
    Last Weeks Weight: 251lbs
    Current Weight 250.4lbs

Looking forward to reaching goals with you all =)

Yes, since your weigh-in day is Sunday, this is your weigh-in for June week #1!! And you have started off with a loss....so well done!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Looking for two missing weigh-ins from Sunday. I know it's a long weekend, so just post when you get the chance, @drea2011 and @Kittu125. I just didn't want you to forget altogether!!
This discussion has been closed.