TEAM: Gutbusters (June)

Options

Replies

• JASunnyGirl
    JASunnyGirl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    June 6
    Tracking yes
    Calories way over. Burger King did me in.
    Workout worked hard in the house and outside to.
    I need to food prep but that won't be till Saturday. It will be better then.
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    June 6
    Exercise: Yes
    Calories: No
    Tracked: Yes

Dinner out again last night. I wasn't too far over my limit, but definitely the food was high in salt, and I'm feeling the last two days of dinners out. It looks we might have an impromptu birthday party for my little guy this weekend -- several of his friends are moving away right around his actual birthday, so we're trying to move it earlier so more people can come. Moral of the story is that I need to stay under my limit the next couple days to buy a little more leeway for the weekend!
  • susanbenita
    susanbenita Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    June 7
    Exercise: core and daily challenge. 10000 steps
    Calories: Yes, under goal

@craigo3154 thank you for the advice. I will be very careful this week to hang on to my loss.
  • anita7164
    anita7164 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Daily check in for team Gutbusters
    Date: June 7
    Exercised?: Yes power walked 2.63 miles this morning followed by doing these 30 day challenges: thigh slimming; butt lift; sleek arms.
    Calories?: Over by 1453
    Tracked?: Yes
  • JASunnyGirl
    Options
    Tracking yes
    Calories yes
    workout currently restricted by my doctor until all desired lab work done.

SO I have my annual physical this morning. I tend to waste a lot of musle enzymes, so until my doctor sees what those labs are without exercise, I need to chill out a bit. I did get my steps in for today.

Even with a Whopper, no fries or drink, I still come up under.

Have a wonderful night everyone.
  • alydanbeads
    alydanbeads Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Username: alydanbeads
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 139.2
    Current weight: 139.2
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    June 7

Felt very tired yesterday, from the moment I woke up. By 4:30 pm, I gave up my target calories for the day and had a deliberate overage. I could have made better choices with the excess calories, but I have no regrets and limited the excess to about 250 calories over target. Fell asleep early, and woke up today at 5:30 am feeling better.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    June 7
    Exercised?: Yes. 5km in 40mins (city walking).
    Calories?: Yes

Late work day, then out to find dinner and finally for a walk.

Nothing much else to report.

June 8
    Exercised?: Yes. Over 10,000 steps, at least half of which was carrying both backpack and weeks travelling provisions.
    Calories?: Yes

Flew home tonight. Airline stuff up and no GF meal on the evening flight. My wife cooked me a dinner when I got home. Also house full of teenage girls when I got home.

Looking forward to flying tomorrow while my wife, daughter and my daughters friends are at a comic convention. Also now have all the components to build another racing quad (which I will try do tomorrow night).

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for June 08 is side planks. ()

2 sets
    • First set 15s, 30s each side, wait 2 mins
    • Second set 15s, 30s each side.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    Shark week. Due to BC, it only happens every season or so, but I put 6 lbs of water weight literally overnight and it's slowly been coming off. Two pounds a day for the last two days. I'd hit 220 even on Saturday and just shot up like nobody's business. Trying to keep my eye on the prize and everything in perspective.

@aeloine. Water will come and go. You have the right attitude (eye on the prize). Normal to have a variation like this after a woosh. You are on the right track. Just keep on doing what you are doing.

You are still almost 2lbs down for this month. And once the tide goes out, you will down a lot further.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    inshapeCK wrote: »
    Username: inshapeCK
    Weigh-in week: Week 2
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    Previous week's weight: 148.2 pounds
    Current weight: 146.4 pounds

Lost 1.8 lbs since last week. :)
    Down 23.7 pounds from my highest weight. <3

Apparently if you eat healthy foods you lose weight, lol!!!!! :D
    I have been trying to eat more fruits and vegetables and make proper meals as well as eat less junkfood and work on keeping the unhealthy food out of the house so I stop binge eating cookies and brownies and it's working!
    I am proud of myself. It's been years since I saw the number 146.4 pounds. I am feeling elated!

@inshapeCK. Great work.

"Healthy food" fills you up more than "comfort food", so you consume less calories in getting to a state of feeling full.

You should be proud of yourself. You are doing really well.

If you only have good food in the house, you will only eat good food while at home. :)
  • craigo3154
    Options
    Happy weigh in day for @fe452436. @typeitdaily.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    anita7164 wrote: »
    Date: June 7
    Exercised?: Yes power walked 2.63 miles this morning followed by doing these 30 day challenges: thigh slimming; butt lift; sleek arms.
    Calories?: Over by 1453

@anita7164. Well done for tracking. Sounds like you did a good amount of exercise.

Now you can work out how you ended up so far over. That is almost a full days worth in excess. Something you are eating is calorie dense and not "filling". For me, processed carbs are the worst culprit (like bread, biscuits/cookies, pastry, pizza, etc..)

One secret for filling food is soups/broths. The combination stays in the stomach longer and leaves you feeling full for longer. Fat, protein and fibre are the only things that reliably cause satiety.

Unfortunately you cannot consistently out-exercise a bad diet. The amount of exercise to burn 1450 kCal is quite a lot (like power walk 14 miles - rule of thumb is 100 kCal per mile for a 180lbs person - faster you walk, the more you use per mile).
  • craigo3154
    Options
    LesIckaBod wrote: »
    June 6

Dinner out again last night. I wasn't too far over my limit, but definitely the food was high in salt, and I'm feeling the last two days of dinners out. It looks we might have an impromptu birthday party for my little guy this weekend -- several of his friends are moving away right around his actual birthday, so we're trying to move it earlier so more people can come. Moral of the story is that I need to stay under my limit the next couple days to buy a little more leeway for the weekend!

@LesIckaBod. Eating out and staying in budget is hard. Plan ahead and it can usually be done.

Have a good time at the "impromptu birthday party". It's important to celebrate and be part of life. Just keep your plans flexible and have over and under days.

You can do this. I believe in you.

• craigo3154
    Options
    LesIckaBod wrote: »
    June 7

Felt very tired yesterday, from the moment I woke up. By 4:30 pm, I gave up my target calories for the day and had a deliberate overage. I could have made better choices with the excess calories, but I have no regrets and limited the excess to about 250 calories over target. Fell asleep early, and woke up today at 5:30 am feeling better.

@LesIckaBod. The great thing is that YOU made the decision. This is far better than "giving in" and flat out binging.

It's fine to go over occasionally. Just try make it less often (and less over) than the usual days you are under.
  • westray16
    westray16 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    June 7th
    Exercise : yes 17k steps
    Calories: yes
    Tracking : yes
  • fe452436
    fe452436 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Username:fe452436
    Weigh in day:Friday
    Weigh in week:2
    Previous week weight:193.0 lbs
    Weight this week:190.5 lbs
  • craigo3154
    Options
    Username: craigo3154
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Week's Weight: (63.5kg) 140.0
    Todays Weight: (63.2kg) 139.3

Unable to weigh in Wednesday as away all week. First chance was Saturday morning.

Looks like while travelling I need to eat more.

For anyone that is new to Gutbusters this month just a note on my weigh ins. I am not part of the teams results. I am actively trying NOT to lose weight, but maintain. As such, my weigh- ins are optional. I choose to post a weigh in so that others can see I am still keeping a similar focus in maintenance as I was when losing weight.
  • anita7164
    anita7164 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Date: June 8
    Exercised?: yes. 90 min workout in park. 30 day challenges: thigh slimming; flat abs; butt lift; sleek arms.
    Calories?: under by 303
  • JASunnyGirl
    Options
    Daily Check-in
    June 8
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: no

• fe452436
    fe452436 Posts: 255 Member